New Look for Sorcery Pets

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Plasticman, Feb 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Ya know? My Sorc character was my second character ever and I never used the Fury. I'm not trying to bash this amazing change and I do kinda feel a little bad being such a negative nancy, but it doesn't make sense to me at all. Why enhance things no one really uses? The first picture (Fury) would've been a wonderful Watcher. I love the mystical look and I thought it would've been perfect as the Watcher.
    • Like x 13
  2. helvetica New Player

I think these look great. Honestly, anything is an improvement though because the old heavy metal album cover ones really weren't appealing. :D These finally look sorcerous.

The thing I don't like about these is that there is still no DC Comics inspiration that I feel here. These look like something we'd see in Everquest etc. and not in DCComics. Sorcery's visuals in general have no relationship to the many mystical DC Comics characters in the DCU and that is really disappointing.

Also, the Watcher is the pet that needs a refresh the most. ... Amanda Bailey -- "May I ask why? [ it isn't being refreshed]. I think it's the most used of the three pets. I rarely see people use any pet other than the Watcher after level 30."

100% Agreed. And it isn't original at all. It is the Emerald Eye of Ekron that the Emerald Empress uses.

Going back to the positive, I really hope you guys have a genuinely Golem looking Golems, looking similar to the Guardian above, planned to replace Earth's pets. They're in desperate need of some Plasticman love. The Guardian above looks really great and having Golems similar to that replace the Earth pets would make me consider that side of the tree finally. I stay on the Aftershock side of the tree because of how unappealing the Golems look right now.

Sorry. I don't like the Fury art for Watcher. I'd rather see something else for Watcher. Hopefully something inspired by DC Comics. If they aren't taking inspiration from DCComics I'd always thought something similar to a "Will o the Wisp" would have made a better Watcher look.
    • Like x 3
  3. Tikkun Loyal Player

Everyone thumbs up to this now.
    • Like x 3
  4. danielqpk New Player

I agree make FURY THE WATCHER!

I don't understand and think there is no plan to this... (i hope there is a plan but, well it doesn't look like there is one)

Whats next? They make a new Crystal?
    Oh how about a new animation for Triage? Or the hard light support tree power "shielding" now that one is really useless lol
    • Like x 2
  5. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

The only thing separating the two of them is size and the flaming-type aura the Watcher has. Other than that, they'd be identical twins. If I was better at drawing, I'd sketch up something of what I think the Watcher should look like, but I'm still a noobie at it.
    • Like x 2
  6. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Wowza. Those are some fantastic designs.

I second this emotion. More details, pretty please! :)
    • Like x 1
  7. Tikkun Loyal Player

I think something creepy looking...Guillermo del Toro inspired would be ideal. I'd imagine the summoning animation to look something cooler like the healer pulling out their own eye and throwing it up in the air into the creature transformation. Sorcery as a power in DC is essentially a mix of conjuring and blood magic. I think if they keep to that theme everyone will be happy.
    • Like x 3
  8. Meta Flare New Player

I thought that that was the watcher and the big one was a combination of the fury and guardian.

I would have loved to see a change to the watcher too. Maybe it could have been bigger or something. I'm not sure right now.

These look absolutely great.
    • Like x 1
  9. helvetica New Player

No? You need to read some comics.

Zatanna and Dr Fate are DCComics premiere sorcery and magic users and their magic isn't dark, horrific or del Toro-like at all and it is not a mixture of blood and magic. This is really bad advice, sorry.

The graphics have to work for heroes and villains.
    • Like x 4
  10. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

Totally Brilliant!

Can you do something with the Gadgets Turret next!!!!
    about 25% smaller with a flame thrower and mortar.... Something like Tombot (without the TOM) would be super awesome
    • Like x 2
  11. H4ZARDFULL New Player

Can the watcher please get a new visual? It's not fair how yall do 2/3 pets. One of the main pets not getting a new visual come on.....really? A very few i mean VERY few people use the Guardian and fury. Or can the new watcher be the new guardian or fury. I'm complaining because there are way more sorcery healers out there than dps. I would love to see a new watcher I'm getting VERY tired of the green flying eye ball thing.
    • Like x 1
  12. Spike New Player

Man it is just ice elemental in different colour, why you want change your turrent if you even dont look at it in raids, because if you looking all the time at your turrent you missing aoes....
  13. TDSK Committed Player

Can we get these styles next please? At least the ones for Fury.

We've kind of got the Hood with Spectre and Piper, but the runic chest looks amazing. Nice job art team, and I can't wait to find out more. Hopefully Sorcery Pet DPS will be viable again.
    • Like x 5
  14. Tikkun Loyal Player

I'm referring to the DC game powerset, not a specific hero/villain. The power is part conjuring (pets) and blood magic (harming oneself to heal or damage). These powers are used for good or bad depending on the alignment of the user. I would honestly not even categorize Dr.Fate as Sorcery...I'd liken him closer to a divinity like Celestial.
    • Like x 3
  15. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

YES. I love that eyedea xD Something sacrificial. Hmmm, if the Fury becomes the Watcher, could you see the Fury being a demonic creature that crawls out of a portal on the floor? The Fury at the moment has a demonic head, so all it needs is a body and maybe a visually enhancing figure all in all.
    • Like x 2
  16. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

The artwork itself is well done, but they don't really let me think of Sorcery, to be honest.

The first one makes me think of Necromancer-powers instead , summoning a skeleton in a robe.
    The seconds one is a revamped ice-elemental. This form should be used for the earth-pets instead, similar to the pet, that Constantince summons on villain-side in one of the T5-duos.

Thinking of Sorcery or magic I more think of magic creatures like a Minotaur, Pegasus, Spirits, Griffins or magic-related pets like just a black cat. ;)

What should also be looked into is the Arbiter-form, when you are allready in revamping sorcery-power-appearances. I don#t like the look of the bat, would rather see myself in an astral-form, like the spectre-ghosts or so. But the movement-mode as Arbiter desperatelly needs a revamp. It takes some seconds to start flight in that form and it is very slow. Very inconvenient, if you use it in an "OMG we are all gonna die!"-moment, when you need to be fast in spamming heals and maybe also avoiding a one-shot or getting to someone else for a quick revive.
    • Like x 7
  17. Tikkun Loyal Player

Oh, yay puns!

I really like the idea. I'd say a fury would probably be something imp-like. You see the red Watchers and demons out and about in the Trigon map...why not take some inspiration from there? I could also see a fury as being some sort of ethereal flame that follows you around.

Edit: Oh! I imagine the summoning on a fury flame to be a big glyphed out portal that erupts into ethereal flames and the Sorcerer balls it into a smaller flame. It would be a demonstration of arcane control.
    • Like x 3
  18. H4ZARDFULL New Player

So what's the point of this new visual art on sorcery for the useless pets and not the watcher? If you have a problem keep telling the developers this is VERY IMPORTANT
  19. Horrorshow New Player

Be happy that we are getting a revamp for the other two pets. I want to see the Sorcery pets functionality more than the looks. I really love the looks though! Great job Developers.
    • Like x 2
  20. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

You're right! The first one does look more of a Necromancer, good call. Necromancy is a type of Sorcery and the only Necromancer I think of considering DC is Faust and that really isn't his taste. The rock elemental type has to be given to Earth types now, but considering how minimal Earth users are, I doubt it would be as big as Sorcery ya know?
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.