Roid Rage - Get your swell on. (Rage Discussion)

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Roomba, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Grid Ion Committed Player

Go for it.
  2. Darkmoone1 New Player

Anyone else absolutely loving the Tanking role for this power? It's so godly when timed correctly with a bit of damage dealing on the side. :D
  3. Spike New Player

How to right use Berseker sc ? I know that first you must produce dmg, after use sc and whole dmg will be reapply again on the target, but how long it will count of acumulate mine dmg ? Is here time limit like " the latest 10sec of your dmg before activateing sc" or something like that ? Because how i can know which dmg start count the berseker sc.
  4. ACW37162 Loyal Player

There was/is a poster in the HL forums who has some decent work on gear breakdown and I have used it partially and been very happy with the results if course I used it on my celestial toon because even though cwither hits hard a always see tons of yellow numbers especially with cursed idol anyway I think the gear breakdown would work well for rage,

All non modable gear neck, face, weapon go precision.
    New 90 rings precision rings with straight prec mods

Everything else might gear with prec/health blue sockets, prec/power yellow sockets straight prec in red.

I'm not sure how much precision you miss but I really liked this build with the 86 gear on my HL, and my 88 gear on my cel, I haven't finished a set of the 90 yet, trying to make hat last at least a month
  5. Roomba Dedicated Player

So far I haven't had too much trouble tanking Nexus and AnB, though I haven't done EO yet. I'm gonna scour the forums more about how to maximize the mechanic but basically I've just been only using it if I start to take a heavy amount of damage or if the healer drops.

I look forward to getting used to it more so I can start doing these crazy tricks with the mechanic.

Right now I've been using Rage starter (always forget the names), E. Chain, Ragebringer, Without Mercy, Ferocity, and Ire.

Once they fix Ragebringer and the other pulls I'll probably put in either Vindictive or Rage Blast or Rage Shield.
  6. Del Maestro Well-Known Player

Wish i saw this sooner, i just purchased a face and neck (might based) I was planning on going with all might except for the rings (for the affinity) and the trinket. Then going prec health prec power and might prec mods.

Another thing, heres the loadout ive been using

outrage-relentless anger-bloodlust-berserk-retch-dreadful blast

On alerts bosses, i got trinket-supply drop-relentless anger-blood lust- berserk outrage spam. Its crazy how fast you can take out bosses with this. I killed the falcones in under ten seconds. Problem is, i sometimes get blocked and feel like i just wasted all those buffs. So i was thinking of leaving out the iconics, getting ferocity and replacing relentless anger with it. That would be a HUGE precision buff and ill gain immunity right? I feel like this would deal incredible damage in a short period of time but im not sure its worth losing the iconics 100% of the time. Any thoughts?
  7. Dogico Loyal Player

Ferocity only lasts 5 seconds, so it's not worth it imo vs having the dps iconics.
  8. Zhiushod New Player

I just come across ur post here wherein u mentioned a post in the HL forums/thread regarding gear breakdown. May i please ask if who or what's the name of the one that post it there on the HL forums/thread? Thanks very much :)
  9. Ice Lantern New Player

I've been using Neo-Venom because the robot dies too much for my liking. I just squeeze it in just before Bloodlust in my clips. I also tried Relentless Anger but it got me killed via Rage Crash at times and I don't want to pay too much attention to it because it throws me off rhythm.
    • Like x 1
  10. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Now that I went and looked it up it was you, thanks for the effort it's worked well for me so far
  11. Meta Flare New Player

Sometimes I have issues with Echain as well. But not nearly as frequently as rage bringer. If the taunt at least worked right on rage bringer then this would be less of an issue when the actual pull doesn't work.
  12. DeathZakid Well-Known Player

Does anyone know if dreadful blast will help hold aggro on groups? I think the might tick is an AoE while chain is single and i was wondering if everything it hit will focus on me even though it's not a pull. I know rage bringer doesn't work to well which is why some people use chain, but if i hit dreadful blast, will a boss or bosses come back to me?
  13. kidd94kidd New Player

RAGE TANKING IS BEAUTIFUL,
  14. Grid Ion Committed Player

Ferocity lasts 2 seconds.
  15. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Yes it is my friend indeed it is.
  16. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Ice I want to thank you again for the tip you left about timing the rage crash using the cool down, can't give you enough thumbs up.
  17. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Yea its very frustrating to have the pull not work all the time, thats a HUGE downfall. Almost all of A&B rage bringer did nothing but waste my power lol

I'm starting to like without mercy for pull until rage bringer is fixed.
    • Like x 1
  18. Superskull85 Devoted Player

This is pretty much what I am using minus the supercharge. I use Vindictive because of either Power issues or when I miss time and can't block to dampen the damage (I use a Rage Crash dampener as well, usually Violence).

My biggest problem right now is it seems I need to train our Healers how to heal Rage Tanks more to make the group overall more effective. They are used to healing all the time every time, but if you do that with Rage Tanks you waste heals for 2/3 of the fight.

What I was trying to do to solve this problem was to explain that if my Health is jumping you don't need to heal me as much. If my Health stays constant for a second or jumps up irregularly I need healing. I also say to use a heal over time every 8 seconds. For Nature that would be Savage Growth/Metabolism, Sorcery either Circle of Protection combine with Shared of Fate or Offering (though Offering only hits 4 targets). Consume Souls should be enough for a Celestial. Electricity is a little trickier though because of the burst nature of the powerset. Though ensuring a Safety is applied to a Rage Tank every 8 seconds and using Ionic Drain would help. As much as I do like Electricity I don't think I would want two Electricity Healers in the same group that I am using my Rage Tank simply because it would be hard to time their heals unlike the other powersets

The best option would be for the Rage Tank to indicate when they in or out of a rage as well.

My other tanking problems were because a) I did notice that Rage Bringer does have a short aggro radius (it does aggro though, but it is shorter than you would expect even compared to Inescapable Storm). That through me off in Nexus. Also I haven't tank in a while so I had to retrain myself. :D Luckily though I tanked with Fire before so I was using to Health based tanking.

Rage Tanks are fun for sure, but I think I scare my groups. :(
  19. Grid Ion Committed Player

Rage is the only power that has sparked interest inside me for tanking.
    • Like x 1
  20. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Good read, I had vendictive but long as power is good infuriate seems to help the group more. And yea I think groups atm are scared of Rage tanks this group in the video was shouting for a ice tank to help them finish I told them give me a chance and they seem to had a bad exp with Rage after they all added me lol.