The Go Go Gadget Guide to Everything Gadgets

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by TheDark, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gadget*Switch New Player

LoL You really want it back to see how it scales with the mighty smash mod.
  2. Gadget*Switch New Player

Been working with stealth since Home Turf
    After months of working with stealth I have a good loadout for control role.
    1st slot,WoP for super power burst since I would have battle drone in main load out.
    2nd slot changes from decoy trigger, crit strike, or GG.
    3rd slot is defib for clipping and you return to normal along with a power burst to the group.
    4th slot BB for CC'n large groups.
    5th HL shield added shielding for after the 2.5 sec shield from stealth mod is gone.
    6th Healing SC for extra shielding with rapid heals this can stack with HL shield.

Still works a year later. Nice!
  3. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Why not? Certain power have a boulder type power to use. Gadget originally had one. The Joker inspired theme wasn't used much but shouldn't be entirely taken away. Lets make it happen! lol
  4. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

So I'm pretty outdated in the whole Gadget DPS nowadays.

What are you doing as a Gadget DPS on your loadout? What weapon are you using now? What are you doing in the new Raids?
  5. Gadget*Switch New Player

Sorry I'm a CC Control Role I DPS very little mainly to get style feats out of Veng & Dawn Ops. But I'm thinking about DPS'n the new T5 raids since i'm not happy with what DPS's are doing in there. If I do DPS I'll hit you up with an update.
  6. Chosen One New Player

Hi D3vi1, when I go dps in the new raids my loadout from left to right goes bunker buster, stasis field, intimidate, cfoam, gg, and photon. I'm using a rifle and my normal rotation is gg/foam/int/stasis/personal dampening field. Would really love to hear what others are using as well.
  7. Chosen One New Player

Dr[quote="Gadget*Switch, post: 1779666, member: 876"Sorry I'm a CC Control Role I DPS very little mainly to get style feats out of Veng & Dawn Ops. But I'm thinking about DPS'n the new T5 raids since i'm not happy with what DPS's are doing in there. If I do DPS I'll hit you up with an update.[/quote]
    Hi Gadget*Switch, may I ask what your troll loadout is for the new raids? Mainly want to know if you're using any attack debuff. My current loadout is Wop, sticky, defib, sleep dart, gg, and hide. Would've preferred to use vortex, but not liking the range on it.
  8. OmegaWarlord New Player

Not sure if this was directed at someone or an open discussion but GG>Cryo>NG>PB>ST>Intim

I'm equally in love with martial arts dual wield and the shield because of the crits frequency also while I'm speaking on it I am not a fan of one handed because I see so many ppl dueling or in pvp matches doing the same combo (tap square 5 times, hold triangle, DoT, hold square, hold triangle, burst, and if necessary repeat) kinda not feeling quantum for the same reason, I guess its the best available setup but nonetheless I'm not a fan and whenever I switch powers or characters quantum won't be a power I choose. I had a few bad experiences in raids due to my ignorance of the instances and my power. Kinda funny how ppl can't believe new players are popping up daily and need help or advice and instead of providing either they trash talk you with brilliant comments such as "you suck" "man you're horrible" and my favorite "go back to call of duty" lmaooo. And because those kinds of ppl are a dime a dozen I try my best to inform the less informed.
  9. Gadget*Switch New Player

Hi Gadget*Switch, may I ask what your troll loadout is for the new raids? Mainly want to know if you're using any attack debuff. My current loadout is Wop, sticky, defib, sleep dart, gg, and hide. Would've preferred to use vortex, but not liking the range on it.[/quote]

I dont have a set loadout for the new raids since I spec once I learn what tank is leading the group or if a lightning healer needs help with setting up their HoT's, but my main CC powers are Fear gas which works with any tank. I have used both damage debuffs and I love vortex cannon over sleep dart for the AoE. I'm not the sit in the back type of Control Role so VC works better for me. If your playing style is out of sight out of mind then stick with SD.
  10. bolyz New Player

Hi Guys, does anyone have a good melee pve loadout that's precision based?

Right now I am using GG-lunge-fg-jump/cf, weapon, SF/intim, weapon

Sometimes I start pre-combat with intim and go GG-lunge-fg-jumo/cf- weapon - SF

I like the loadout, but is it right for a precision build? maybe I should use NN...Appreciate the feedback.
  11. jflusson Well-Known Player

maybe try Defib instead of SF but otherise it looks good. You can use NN too
  12. SavageTofu New Player

Goodbye cruel world!!!

I been reading this thread since Deadpool started it long ago. Yesterday I switched to quantum. Event Horizon is just too beast. Event horizon is the 50% supercharge that gives power & a shield. It is fantastic.

I miss hide alot. I plan to switch back to gadget after I am all T5'd .

Later.
  13. SavageTofu New Player

They really should give gadget a super charge like event horizon.
  14. Liam Solo New Player

I've found that having the Quantum shield Time Bubble, Quantum Tunneling, and Event Horizon on you loadout allow you to pick up KO'ed people and help you and your group survive. Awesome powers.
  15. TheDark Devoted Player

Yea they're really good. I use Q-Tunneling in the OPs. Sometimes in Nexus I'll use both Q-Shield and Q-Tunneling to make sure I get team mates up. EH is great when 4 to 5 people go down and the whole team needs to scramble. I especially like Q-Tunneling in PvP. I talk a lot of smack with it.

Btw, I'm not sure if you know, but you're missing the N in Responsibility in your sig. Just a heads up.
  16. TheDark Devoted Player

Yea I switched too. I switched for the type of mutli target stuns, the visuals, and the fact I've been Gadgets for so long so I needed a change. At first I wasn't sure but then I heard about the change to the group supercharge. Mental and Light had them and that was always great when players i knew used it in FOS2 when it first came out but it didn't give power then. It's like the developers said ok well everything hits hard in t5, there are group shields that exist already in some power sets, and we don't have power returning supercharges designed IN the controller power sets already so... lets do it. It worked really good. I'm sure countless controllers timed or planned to use it in tight spots that have prevented numerous wipes.

We don't know for sure if the dev team has forgotten about gadgets in regards to controlling. Maybe they plan on doing something with Battle Drone. Hopefully they do.

And yea Quantum is fun and all but eventually I'll get bored of it and switch back to Gadgets. So i can see myself switching between these 2.
  17. Liam Solo New Player

Thanks I just edited my signature the other day and must have been in too much of a hurry to spell check. Fixed. lol

I've seen a lot of people useing shields in T5 now. Of course Tanks but Healers and DPS too. People begining to understand to do your role you have to survive. :)
  18. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Hopefully, they do consider changes to Gadgets Bat Drone. It's a set power instead of scaling to our Vit. Bat Drone is actually more beneficial to use in DPS role then it is in Troller.

As a Gadget Controller, our CC's work really fine. Without investing into any Dom, I can see that using FG with an Ice tank obviously causes Encasements. As for Fire Tanks, applying FG obviously causes explosions, its main feature is the Knock up. Just like how Fire Tanks uses immolation. It's like FG is the enhancers to your tanks. That is the main CC's you can use that will help calm the mobs down. Obviously, using FG by itself causes Panic. The PI effect is amazing. In the newer raids, I don't see a need to really use it much, but if necessary, it does great.
    • Like x 2
  19. JOYFUL New Player

Kinda having trouble on what should I mod my gear with as a Controller?

Any tips or links can anyone send me would be helpful. TY =O
  20. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Hey Gadget DPS'ers,

Can you do a quick test for me? Can you use your bunker buster on the dummies and let me know what are your results? I know its not consistent but I'm working on something and would like to get the data from you guys as well.

Please provide your might. And use your combat logs to see how much it hit for.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.