Countdown ; Double XP artifact, Double Ally Favor, along wirh instances dropping catalysts.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by wisetoons, Feb 15, 2023.

1. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

Tbh, it really doesnt matter when it happens, if it happens. You get the same results if you wait until 2x xp anyways
  2. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Except you could already be running with those 200 arts. Depending on what arts you already have, that could make a lot of difference over the course of even a couple of months. And all those artifacts and all that Nth Metal will be worthless, when the game inevitably shuts down the servers for good, at some point...
  3. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

The same could be said about, not only any other game, but about anything, why bother going to work, eating, breathing, when I'm just going to die anyway? What you're saying is true, but it's a pretty nihilist view. I could get hit by a car getting my morning coffee tomorrow, an asteroid might hit us on Sunday. Then again, the game might remain profitable and stay open for 10 years. Not doing something, because something else might happen is a terrible way to go through life.
    • Like x 2
  4. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Mepps did say that based on his community manager point of view that "hey there are about as mamy people in the building as there ever was". I think that's all we should need to ****, sit down, and listen. We got a few years at least.
    • Like x 2
  5. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Yeah I'm not worried. I've been in games that have shut down, and none of the "in retrospect" red flags are evident in this game.
    • Like x 2
  6. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

That's right. Stuff the Nth Metal bonus experience, inventory space be damned. Get heaps and heaps of Nth metal for all we care. Make twenty more alts to store it all. Couldn't care less if Nth bonus was tomorrow cause no use it for it, eh? Haha Proxy you mad lad you ;)
  7. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Lol. Way to miss my point. If you're waiting to eat until the food is on sale next month - you're starving and miserable for a month of your finite life. That's not the same result as eating every day when you want to, even if you eat a month's worth of food afterwards... That was my point.

Delaying ranking arts simply means you play the game longer without certain benefits - even if afterwards you get them double, you won't get back that time. I've been saving my XP for months - and I'm not enjoying the game as much as I could right now. The benefits of double XPmay be worth it, or not,but the experience is not identical.

Of course - if you already have 15 ranked arts - waiting probably makes little difference to you. But there seem to be a lot of miserable players with banks full of Nth Metal right now...
  8. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Due to real life reasons, I've only had time for the last few months to log in to get the daily reward and the seasonal event...so for me personally, every additional week of "deferred" double xp is only a plus...and since science known... that with each new request for double xp it is pushed back for another week ... I hope that this week there will be a new topic ... muhahaha ...:p
    • Like x 3
  9. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

It takes a lot of time and patience to get your arts up to 200 without spending oodles of rl cash. I feel lucky I'm over the hump. At one point I had my inventory filled with nothing but nth metal caches with all the other nth metal I saved filling my alts inventories and let me tell you opening all of them when the time came was a job of work in itself. If you're wise you should also be stockpiling catalysts and seals of preservation and completion as you go along.

I'm at a point now where I'm working on alts 6 and 7 so I'm in no rush. At least now members get 5 weekly detectors to help the process. A double xp week is still prolly a month or so away. The pay off will be sweet.

If your arts are low as in below 120 I would suggest just biting the bullet and getting them up to that point. Its cheap and fast and you'll perform somewhat better than if they were all under that.
    • Like x 1
  10. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

My main toon's arts are above 160. I have no problem with performance. And I'm well stocked up on catalysts, seals and marks. I've been ready for months. On my alts I've already started biting the bullet few weeks ago, when it became obvious the devs were going to put off the bonus XP week until just before new episode and artifact drop.

However, I'd be having more fun, if I had some new artifacts to swap, play and experiment with. The last 2 bonus XP weeks happened within 3 months of each other and I couldn't really take advantage of them, because I'd just returned to the game after some 8 years. After the last one I've started stockpiling, but had I known it would be 5 months before the next one - I might not have bothered, at least for a couple of months. Sure - I can use my Metal any time, right now, but it won't give me my time back and if the bonus happens a few days after I spend a lot of resources - it will probably spoil my enjoyment even more, on top of all the waiting...

All I'm saying is - double XP weeks have their negative consequences in terms of maximising players' enjoyment.
  11. xXlNesTlXx Well-Known Player

Negative part doesn't exists when 90% of players are claiming a x2 artifacts exp week...
  12. Elceetu New Player

Smh all we can do is wait is all. Stop giving them reasons to laugh at us. Dbl XP soon come. They give us what and when or if they feel like. It’s business I’m sure. Can’t be personal, at least for me I don’t know anyone at DayBreak lol
    • Like x 1
  13. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Yes. We can only wait. But while waiting for new content and the right time to rank artifacts many players kill time by picking arguments and complaining on forums and other platforms. That's the consequences of boredom and lack of engagement...

And considering the staffing situation and other problems at DB/DI - let them laugh... They need all the joy they can get. :)
  14. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Meh... in my experience we have a double artifact XP week, or double Nth week, and it finishes on the Wednesday. And by the weekend there are people posting here to say that it's been ages since we had one, and isn't it about time we had another? o_O
    • Like x 3
  15. Elceetu New Player

Yes all you said is true smh there are other things to do but people like to complain hell I have my moments lol just not for this. At least (not all time anyway)
  16. Proxystar #Perception

Subjectively it probably helps that I don't actually have any artifacts worth leveling, so its really just about alts for me at this point.
    • Like x 1
  17. Rejchadar Inquisitor

i have a similar situation... if you count all artifacts of level 200, for all my characters... you get a "terrible" figure (about 30)... the last few double xp... I either pump artifacts for alts... or experimenting with alternative playstyles (in this double xp I'm going to pump heart of isis on the main character ...) ...
    • Like x 1
  18. Proxystar #Perception

Yeah that reminds me, does that artifact still not have a level 200?
  19. MikeB Level 30

If there was never another 2x art xp would you still level your artifacts to level 200? If you answered yes, you are the reason we have not seen a 2x artifact xp in awhile. We may never see another one. Gotta get that money and they know you will end up paying if you really want that shiny artifact.
  20. thedemonocus Loyal Player

The next 2X art xp will be right after i finally give up waiting and use all my metal.