So, Let's Talk About The New Ep 44 Piles of Gold Base Items

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Achikah, Oct 12, 2022.

1. kingofthebeast Active Player

You're forgetting that art by design ( no pun intended) is subjective. It takes skill to create something subjective?
    Madonna( queen of pop) is a primary example. She's number 4 on the list of all time sales in music. Is she skilled? Some argue no others argue yes.

What's being confused is skill vs talent.
  2. Zneeak Devoted Player

I really do hope they remove these silly costs from the new treasure piles and treat them the same as the other base items off the Episode. I've not tested any of the new content so can't speak on the Episode on that regard, but from a decorator's perspective they finally nailed a great set of beautiful base items to go with it. Let's not ruin that with an unecessarily exaggerated money cost that will have extremely few players actually spending said amount on it.

Let us decorators have an Episode's worth of good base items to enjoy, this time. It's been damn long due.
    • Like x 6
  3. LeatherJacket25 Well-Known Player

Please don’t bring Madonna into this. Anyone that says Madonna isn’t talented or skilled is kidding themselves. Its opinions that are subjective, not talent or skill.

Talent is natural, skill is something you hone. Creating something to completion requires both.
    • Like x 4
  4. Cordelia Well-Known Player

My 2 cents: Those prices are ridiculous and if meant as a money sink will not work. I'm not a big decorator, but until I saw the prices I was thinking, "Oh, I might get some of those to toss around in my bases." Now I'm resigned to not getting any. So.

I've never earned a billion in-game dollars, and I doubt I ever will. Pricing long time players out of things seems a little cruel.
    • Like x 2
  5. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I'm all for some in game cash sink purchases. The problem is I think this hurts the players who don't take advantage of exploits.

Also if you make the cash sink sweet enough to spend in game cash on wouldn't that just encourage more people to try to find seedy ways to get lots of cash fast?
    • Like x 3
  6. BumblingB I got better.

They added a few things as currency sinks. ToM's, generator upkeep, and gear costs. The worst offender was ToM's, because it literally was there to try and get rid of the money and marks that were building up post first mark unification. (There have been too many of these...) This sink had actually progression involved, which does deviate with the current one. 0 point feats do make these not required to buy, but like the 3 things I mentioned, this should be addressed by the developers.

I really think they should revisit a different method of draining the excess economy. There are ways to do it that doesn't cause an equity problem.
    • Like x 2
  7. BumblingB I got better.

So... Art Schools are irrelevant and can't learn skills to become an artist?

Quick, you might want to stop before you start to sink deeper into a losing battle.

I'm an artist and I'm definitely more skill based one, but I do have talent for certain elements.

Also, keep in mind that in a game that utilized 3D models, you need an artist that is also skilled to make something look good in a virtual environment.
    • Like x 4
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

To the original topic of the thread, we're going to make some changes so the base items are more obtainable. And we apologize for our poor sense of humor.
    • Like x 14
  9. Eve YouTuber

Thank you! It's super appreciated and we are grateful our concerns were heard. Everyone was a little heated because we want to make use of the beautiful base items you guys give us. And we are just enjoying a great system you guys gave us in the game :)
    • Like x 5
  10. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Cool! If it's still going to be purchased with cash, will the price be adjusted to vary accordingly by server?
    • Like x 4
  11. Red Five Developer

Hi everyone, thanks for your feedback on the Treasure Piles and opinions about the Queen of Pop. Papa won't preach, but I was trying something new here, and I am happy to iterate on it in a semi-live environment.

I have drastically lowered the base item Cash prices - the cheapest one is now $10,000. I've also removed the Coin of Ra cost entirely. Now all of you Material Girls and Boys out there can directly convert your spare cash into piles of treasure for your lair.

Additionally, I've updated the feat CEO Entrepreneur to require you to obtain $1,000,000 worth of Treasure piles. Hopefully these changes are more in Vogue.
    • Like x 22
  12. kingofthebeast Active Player

Thanks red. This is a true ray of light . Happy to see the devs get into the groove
    • Like x 3
  13. Eve YouTuber

Awesome, this is really appreciated. I am guessing it will take another test update to see the new prices on test, right?
    • Like x 1
  14. Red Five Developer

Oh yes, I literally just checked in this change on my work PC, so it should go to PC Test with the next update.
    • Like x 8
  15. Trykz Dedicated Player

Devs can handle the heat from dps no problem but when the builders get in an uproar it’s a whole
    Other situation lmao. I appreciate the transparency and listening to feedback. Beautiful base items and I can’t wait to get my hands on them.
    • Like x 2
  16. Trykz Dedicated Player

Honestly I think you could have left the 0 pt feat at 1billion spent on the new base items that’s not hurting anyone and the title would remain a real flex. Just don’t make the items cost that much, they will still spend that much on them lol
    • Like x 2
  17. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Sure, but would still have to vary by server.
    • Like x 1
  18. Trykz Dedicated Player

Would just take longer on switch, but you would lose nothing , there’s no feat points to be gained, there’s no inability to acquire the items, it would just take longer for switch players to obtain the title. /shrug. I don’t see them ever doing anything differently on one server vs another.
  19. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Perhaps, but it wouldn't be fair at all. 1 bil on PCPS is like 10mil for us on Xbox. I barely know anyone (other than myself and a handful of others) with 1bil over here. Sure, it would make for an extra extra good flex on our server, but on PCPS everyone and their grandma will have it, in which isn't a fair flex for them then XD
    • Like x 1
  20. Trykz Dedicated Player

The most cash I’ve ever had is a 4b, and that was from selling two cosmic shaders, I’m sitting at about 300m right now, I know there is a huge amount of duped cash on the server but I’d love to know how many people actually have more than say, 5b. I mean they are called 1%s for a reason, I think the vast majority of the PsPc server still struggles to get to a billion, and wouldn’t be standing in line to dump their hard earned cash on base items for a 0 point title. Of course this is speculation because no one has the cash stats but the devs. I’m very much in favor of a cash wipe anyway, I see your point it just hasn’t been my experience in the game, even with all the cash floating around it’s not as common to have billions as one might think.
    • Like x 1