Mister Mxyzptlk's Mischief!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Mar 10, 2022.

1. beardrive Committed Player

2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

While I'd agree, it could be a day or 2 longer (2 weeks seems like a natural number vs 12 days)...if you aren't running alts for seasonals, many seasonals will come up short. If you run 1 toon through the whole way, it's 126 marks. You need 150 for this year's feat stuff. 1 alt for 2 days, or 2 alts for 1 day would do it. It's not a lot to expect really.

But hey, 2 or 3 more days is fine too, or the base items could have been 6 marks, or the chroma 50 marks, or the mission could pay 12...any of those could work.

However....I'm not counting on that though...and I'd hit up some alts to pad things if I were running short. I ran 16 through yesterday for 22 each (352 marks) and have all the feat stuff as well as picked up the non-feat styles. I'd rather spend the 1 day beating my head against the wall on alts vs worry about hitting it every day.
    • Like x 1
  3. Capt. Retro Well-Known Player

I'm going to take your lead and start mass producing alts lol

I only run 3 toons currently but I guess I can make some seasonal farmers. I'll just work out the math so I don't make more than I need.

Happy farming!
    • Like x 1
  4. kiwi healer New Player

is the explore only once and the celtic style does not seem to be unlocked with replays
  5. Zneeak Devoted Player

It's always good to have some additional alts ready to go for any given Event like this. It gives you the option to farm excess marks and get excess items which is a great, neat way to farm some extra cash when needed.

Well, less and less of a given option if they are going to keep up with these ratios for casual Seasonals... But still :rolleyes::D
  6. PrincessBunny Well-Known Player

I gotta give you credit 16 alts .... but in all honesty and sometimes you just have to call out things when the numbers don't add up, I never complained when the Tour was daily and it's not that I am complaining either, but the cost of the items is ridiculous you can honestly admit that.

We have new members in our league that have families jobs and are new to the game and after talking to them they are just skipping this whole seasonal, you have to look at these new players and like I said some people Do Not have 16 alts or the time to do 16 alts and no one should be forced to make so many alts and that was the option for you, which is what works or how you made it work. I have 4 toons and they are 4 main toons I like to buy everything for them that I like from the seasonals and I am even told 4 is even too many for some.

Sometimes we just need to stop being enablers and just call out the BS ;)
    • Like x 1
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I agree...in a perfect world, we'd be able to finish all 'new' feat related items in the allotted time...or a few days short. I'm assuming in that case, many or most would STILL pound them out with alts and no one would be running things shortly into the event. V-Day was getting like this the last week. Queue times were longer and longer to get into the event and even on the street, I found less people competing for the crystals. Now...for me, that's a win, but I'd guess they see the drop off in who picks up the daily mission or queues in and figures that's 'too long' or the prices are 'too low' and maybe adjust accordingly.

I guess I object less to being 'short' on this one mainly because it's stupid easy, is all outdoors and a 1 day hit of the tour+coins pays off about as much as +3 more days of running it.

The 16 toons didn't take that long by the way, less than 5 min each...and in fact, I did complete the chroma on a toon (my main) that already had 80+ marks from last year...otherwise someone was going to have to run another 10 days minimum.

Like I said, any number of things can 'fix' it, and continue to call them out...by all means. Just saying, in the meantime, I'd hit it on some alts (like 2....not 15 like some loony would;) ) so you don't come up short if nothing changes so you are not holding the bag till next year.
    • Like x 2
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

This and the anti event I run the most alts on, because the vendor items sell well all year round. I just did 16 for that 1st day (for the +14 tour)....the rest of the event, I'll run 4 or so max.

Everyone likes a good looking bar in their base/league hall...no?
    • Like x 1
  9. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Is the Mxy exploration thing a one time thing or weekly because I remember it being a daily thing in the past.
  10. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

What you have to remember is that DBG is all about money. They want you to buy replay badges, stabilizers, marks, etc. This is why they took away the stabilizer duo we used to have every day. So just resign yourself to the fact that you don't have to have everything because IMO paying to play to get feats from styles and such to get stat points cheapens the game.
    • Like x 1
  11. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

The only solution would be to stop buying replay badges and grinding with alts. The most egregious thing is if you're a subscriber, you're already giving them $15 a month with very little in return. This is how stupid we subscribers are. We pay them $180 a year to play this game(if you're monthly) when if you took that money and bought everything a la carte you'd have paid for everything by now. Truth be told we subscribers get kicked in the crotch constantly by this company.
  12. Drathmor Unwavering Player

daily and its always been that way
    do exploration then coins or coins while doing exploration your choice :)
  13. PrincessBunny Well-Known Player

• Like x 2
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

If you really feel this way, you should stop subbing and if sent a post cancel questionnaire, let them know why you stopped. I'm running no sub right now and have beefed up my alt army with free accounts...they farm just fine. I find my aggravation factor with how much I spend on the game went WAY down when I started spending $0. No need for replays (I have a ton built up from 8 years of subbing) or stabilizers (I never buy them)...and the monthly grant (and stockpile of destiny tokens from the last 6 months) takes care of my seals.

You are correct on the 'better' option of buying the inventory and alt slots though. $180 would set you up pretty nicely, especially if you waited for a good sale (just missed one a few months ago). As long as you don't want hand to hand cash trades...go for it. Or sub every other month on the 30th and collect 2 months worth of daily grants and do your cash trades the month you are on. $90 is better than $180. I might do this again if they have something I want in the member day 21 bonus....but not this month.

And, if you are a sub, why not go for the $120 annual? I know it's a chomp in one bite, but a 30% discount is worth it IMHO. I wouldn't say monthly is 'stupid' but yeah....it's more expensive. I've been annual sub for my entire sub experience....I figured I'd sub till the day the game went down....it was not that huge a transition to drop to premium.
    • Like x 1
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

16. PrincessBunny Well-Known Player

I do understand it is a business to make money don't get me wrong, but this is suppose to be a fun seasonal and they changed it last year I believe and then this year they jacked up the prices for the items. As I mentioned we have new players to the game and it did not sit very well with them even suggesting alts as I have said too many do not have the time for xxx amount of alts. I also don't know what someone's finances are nor would I force anyone to use their replays ect. So many people are also getting miss information I have had to repeat because people don't believe me when I tell them the Exploration is ONLY a Weekly thing lol so you only get to do it 2 times during the the whole event.

I do run 4 toons myself and I will get the feats done but it still doesn't excuse the cost of the items from last year to this year or the amount of clovers we are getting.
  17. PrincessBunny Well-Known Player

It was Actually 3 a day we earned more coins the other way I looked up the old thread, it's not even that it's a weekly but I feel like we are going round and round, it's the cost of the vendor items and we are also getting 1 less day then last year. thread.https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/st-patricks-day-testing.307423/
    • Like x 1
  18. Drathmor Unwavering Player

[IMG] lol :D
  19. DarkWalkerBat Level 30

I use multiple toons to collect all the stuff. Already have all the base items.
    Anyone else think it is dumb that the teleporter drops you at Mxy Daily Planet instead of at the Superman Statue? And wasn't the exploration fixed in the past where it didn't matter which one you went to first, I'm pretty sure it was but I could be wrong.
    • Like x 1
  20. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

The reason I don't is because I go stretches where I don't play like months at a time so yearly subbing won't be good for me.
    • Like x 1