Releasing unused assets

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Curse Bringer, Jun 21, 2021.

1. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

I have a few spares, if they just made the thing tradable id give u 1
    • Like x 2
  2. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Yet another thing that should be changed about it! If they stuck it in a vendor for low cost and made them tradeable, I'd stock up heavily and list them on the Broker for those people that buy everything there with in-game cash! ;)
    • Like x 2
  3. Charon Lead Content Designer

This and other rare styles found in the Vault and Promethium Lockboxes are planned to be obtained in other ways in the future this year.
    • Like x 8
  4. Eve YouTuber

Charon, style relate question just not really to this thread - about style unlocking. So every time a new episode comes out previous styles from previous episode become available to unlock? can I trust that the Athena helmet is going to be possible to style unlock in the future? Like when next episode launch? Hope I don't ask the complicated questions lol
    • Like x 2
  5. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Charon, any chance we'll see the old Impersonator/ Elvis-inspired style brought back somehow?

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  6. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

"rare styles" combined with "found in the Vault" is an oxymoron. All the "rare styles" drop within a few months and then you're done forever. This is "rare" in the sense of "the most common styles anyone can find in the game."

This is equally true of promethium box styles. There hasn't been an update in a decade, or at least what seems like a decade.

The Vault used to be worthwhile in the first six months or so of playing, although most of the drops happen within the first month. What's the actual point of either of these for players playing past their first few months? Even seasonal drops aren't updated each year, are they? (Besides April Fool's Day.)

Development/updating of Vault and prom box drops have been ignored year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year. (Maybe it happened once or twice six or more years ago?)

That was almost ten years ago now. The Vault has been useless ever since unless you're a noob to the game. Ditto prom boxes. Grump.
  7. Charon Lead Content Designer

Unless legal issues or DC shot it down for some reason, yes, there is a chance. I'll investigate the reasons the styles were removed and keep it in mind with an initiative we're undertaking that will also allow older market place items that got removed to be surfaced again (Malevolent Wings, Splendid Wings, etc.).
    • Like x 6
  8. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

These were originally SOE Live attendee exclusive items, might be the only "legal issue" if it is one
    • Like x 2
  9. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Wasn't that set the exclusive set for SOELive that year? The people who went (all 5 who still play) will probably have a meltdown if that gets released.
    • Like x 3
  10. Hraesvelg Always Right

Yeah. I wasn't able to go at the time, and I'd love the outfit, but I'd be irked my exclusive items were made generally available all willy-nilly like that.
    • Like x 1
  11. Apollonia Dedicated Player

They could release a plain version of the style without the sequins effect and then also release a seperate sequins chroma. Problem solved. ;)

edit: nm. I'm misremembering. I could have swore the whole thing had sequins.
  12. Invitation2Hades Well-Known Player

What about Trinket only vault items? OMAC Trinket, Phantom Zone Kryptonite Chunk, Prize Pumpkin (Halloween Seasonal), Durable Fruitcake (Christmas Seasonal) etc
    • Like x 1
  13. Charon Lead Content Designer

You've answered my question on that Elvis suit. :p Anything exclusive remains so. Thanks for saving me the digging. ;)
    • Like x 5
  14. Charon Lead Content Designer

Yes.
    • Like x 2
  15. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Was it actually exclusive though? I just did some digging around too and there's no "exclusive" language around that style from what I found. Looks like such a fun one too :D
  16. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

attendees were given codes in grab bags, which were an exclusive for them
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ttendees-to-receive-special-loot-card.212782/

Ebay may have some of these floating around, but the items are 'Limited edition collectibles"
  17. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

18. Hraesvelg Always Right

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...t-chance-to-pre-register-for-soe-live.532626/

The relevant bit is "here are the items you get IF YOU COME". Not "IF YOU COME AND MAYBE SOME TIME LATER, IDK".

This is from 2014, from Mepps himself:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...he-loot-soe-live-registration-is-open.199351/
    The SOE Live in-game items were meant to be exclusive.
    • Like x 3
  19. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Mepps's post you shared is also in reference to a different year. Not seeing any "exclusive" language around this style set.
  20. FoolsFire Devoted Player

So we can't have the Las Vegas exclusive nice things because we stayed home and played the game?

[IMG]
    • Like x 1