Releasing unused assets

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Curse Bringer, Jun 21, 2021.

1. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

I cannot express how much i want those ninja swords. Really really really need some anime styles in game.
    • Like x 2
  2. Wildcat Committed Player

This guy here should have his own episode...

[IMG][IMG]
    • Like x 3
  3. Charon Lead Content Designer

He and one other peeps from the Vault of old assets are making a comeback in the not too distant future.
    • Like x 11
  4. Illumin411 Loyal Player

A source mark, an exobyte and a guaranteed nth metal drop, all for just 30 seconds of my time. I’ll take that deal anytime, anywhere. It doesn’t get much better than that as far as value per second of gameplay.
    • Like x 4
  5. Hraesvelg Always Right

The word "exclusive" isn't some sort of arcane incantation that summons eldritch magic to prevent them from releasing those styles. The intention is clear that the styles released at SOE Live were meant to be limited to those that attended SOE Live. Time-limited, condition-limited items are super-common occurrences. It adds incentive and a sense of exclusivity...a "you had to be there" moment.
    • Like x 1
  6. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Emotional post with goal post moving.

No one has shown me anything that makes that style "exclusive." There's no language saying that it is and people are throwing up random posts not related to the style set in question.

If the set actually ends up being exclusive, so be it. But it doesn't look like it actually is. Why would anyone choose this hill to die on btw? Getting more styles into the game is a good thing.
    • Like x 1
  7. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I know it’s not Metamorpho, but I just love to say the word Metamorpho.

[IMG]

metamorphooooo

:D
    • Like x 3
  8. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

I have a feeling its a certain goth punk magic stealer
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  9. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

As a trivial historical note, at least one year it took several days before the SOE Live "exclusive" items had their tradeability revoked; in the meantime, they had been available on the broker for a few days.

I don't mention this to in any way suggest that any such items should be considered non-exclusive now. It's just, as I said, a note about trivia. (I wound up getting some Patriotic items, such as the chair, the rug, and "SOE Live" wall signs that way, despite not attending.)
    • Like x 1
  10. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Nobody has to show you an explicit contract. If you wish to assert that the items given out (as codes) at SOE live weren't "exclusive," you are certainly free to continue to assert that as many times as you like.

It won't ever get any of those items into the game, but you can certainly argue away as you like. Best of luck with that.
    • Like x 2
  11. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

One last style I always wish we'd seen again was the "alien" weapon set that made it nowhere past test server around the fight for the light DLC. it was fleshy looking like trigonic stuff, with eyeballs
    • Like x 1
  12. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Oh, I didn't realize I needed your permission to make a simple inquiry as to whether something is actually exclusive or not. Thanks very much.
  13. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Of course, I wrote absolutely nothing of the kind suggesting you needed my permission to do anythng whatsoever. You're also free to make up claims out of whole cloth in order to "respond" to them as you wish.
  14. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

"you are certainly free..." etc etc

But sure, pretend you weren't saying what you were saying.
  15. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

[IMG]
  16. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

How many more up votes before u can dig in and look for the files to fix the tunic of greed?
  17. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Is it possible we can get the lex eye as a bonus reward this dlc? With the monitor chest/shoulders coming it would really be the icing on the cake for dbz characters.
    • Like x 1
  18. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

what if it appears on the new vendor? that would be sweeeeeeet
    • Like x 1
  19. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Is it possible to release Gentleman Ghost’s torso to the players?
  20. Charon Lead Content Designer

I can't promise that (can see tho) but I can be much more likely to have it happen in next episode since... well, there are good reasons why it would show up there.
    • Like x 5