Releasing unused assets

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Curse Bringer, Jun 21, 2021.

1. Magnificent Loyal Player

I use the Patriot gloves style and have always liked them for my main outfit.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  2. Charon Lead Content Designer

Yes - the belt, gloves and boots were released but not sure about legs, chest, head. I saw files for shoulders too in the archives.
    • Like x 4
  3. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

What about the other version of the 4th world style that was shown in some of the earlier trailers ?
  4. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

So what you're saying is that either the devs should file a weekly report with you as to everything they're currently working on so you're adequately informed of all progress and not surprised by it, or should they simply never follow up by working on requests once they've said it wouldn't be easy? And they certainly should never succeed at granting a request if they've ever indicated it might not be immediately forthcoming?

Which of those solutions do you prefer?
    Yes, I've always found that the best way to get favors done for me is to complain bitterly when my requests are granted and then to always be sure to close by insulting the motives of the people I'm asking to help me.

Smooth technique. I bet you got it out of HOW TO WIN FRIENDS AND INFLUENCE GAME PROGRAMMERS.
    • Like x 1
  5. Shadow Force Committed Player

The Only Asset I want to be added more than anything styles wise is an exact copy of the Question Trilby Hat There is concept art for Him. My guess i'm in the minority here with that dream.
    • Like x 1
  6. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

As much as i see the demonic tail on ppl, it seems the old assets that did resurface were received quite well
    • Like x 1
  7. Imaginos Dedicated Player

Tech Sniper? I Can't find that or Patriot at all on the wiki or with a google search. Where do you get that style? Only patriot there is, so a belt that was handed out years ago. The girl in red has some nice leggings/boots and shoulder parts.
    • Like x 1
  8. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

Tech sniper is the female only version of the "Patriotic" set for males
  9. Apollonia Dedicated Player

The boots were really cool too.

There's 2 identical entries in the Style list for that item/set. -- appears to be "bugged". Maybe it exists but it's just been improperly assigned for the last 10 years? That would be kinda sad. But stuff like that can happen.

Totally fair answer.

I think I'd like to see them done by the modern art team personally. Some of those older pieces are really showing their ages. Hope you guys can get them in at some point. The full sets probably won't work for many concepts but the individual components I think would be really good for a lot of people. Those billow-y pants (especially with a sheer material) would be really great for an I Dream of Jeanie inspired Genie character. <3

Thanks for your time as always. :)
    • Like x 1
  10. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

Umm...

It's more than just the devs not wanting to cash them in; they need to get permission to use them. Remember, items need an inspection and permission pass. This doesn't happen overnight, either, so it's not like "BOOM! We got an iconic item (for example) that we asked for despite what the devs said. It's more like, "Wow, FINALLY! DC allowed the devs to put an iconic item into the game for us to use!" If you look closely, we still do not have the same "auras" that the lanterns have, and I do not expect DC to release them to us any time soon, if ever. I think we will always get different versions that look very close, but never like the original.

The "tech upgrade" happened in 2017, when the devs made graphics performing changes to the game that forced them to move from the PS3 to the PS4 in 2018. Because of that, we slowly got the better looking items/missions/content we asked for, as well as DC being a bit nicer to us lately. There is a noticeable difference between the two if you look for images/videos.
    • Like x 1
  11. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Ever since I first saw Space Commander Luthor I've wanted that clear astronaut helmet.

[IMG]

And while we're at it...

[IMG]
  12. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

Unfortunately I really don't trust the devs. Playing this game since 2011 I've seen it all, and many inconsistencies came along.
  13. Kuno Loyal Player

Hey Charon, and what about Hexagon styles?
    We been lacking some ninja stuff. None of the ninja, kabuki, league of assasins or even Deathstroke styles ever came with dual katanas as a back piece.
    Its time to have some of this kind of style!
    [IMG]
    • Like x 6
  14. Charon Lead Content Designer

I did some digging - the only things I can find are shoulders (need a lot of work on body placement), belt, boots (smaller and thigh high), legs, hands, found the hair geo but not textures. All the existing pieces need massive texture updates and then fleshing out what is missing in a standard set. I see assets for ninja shirt even tho not itemized and I see geo for legs but no textures/materials were made. It's a hodgepodge like all the old sets.

Could not find back items - not to say they don't exist but a decent attempt at searching in data and asset files came up empty on those.

Not sure with new standards if we'd need to make male variants of this and say female variants of Patriot. Back in the day there were different rules and allowances. I think both sets have merit with a lot of pieces that could be saved but not sure what a real Artist would think.

In general the request is valid for more ninja stuff and back dual katanas and it's on Meg's list and in my brain space now.
    • Like x 10
  15. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

So....... next week? ;) ;)

But seriously.... thanks for looking into it.
    These are styles that people have been asking about for years.:)
    Hopefully you guys will be able to make cool styles with them..... if not..... there will be other styles. :)
    • Like x 1
  16. Critical Massacre Committed Player

I thought you could get the Lex Eye piece from a collection. The Multi dimensional Luthor technology collection, if I’m correct.
    • Like x 2
  17. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

Future Luthors
  18. Critical Massacre Committed Player

Oh ok. It’s a pain in the a$$ collection to get anyway.
    • Like x 2
  19. Kuno Loyal Player

Yes I asked Meg several times for more ninja stuff specially dual katanas as back pieces. Its a no brainer piece, I bet everyone would love that.
    Thanks for the digging. Oh and the hair is already on game since launch.
    A Katana inspired style or ninja stuff in general would be awesome. Thank you so much, Charon.
    • Like x 4
  20. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I have needed that style for YEARS to complete one of my characters. It has NEVER dropped for me in a Promethium Lockbox on ANY of my characters, so for several years I've been asking for it to be given in a second manner, with the best idea being to put it in the vendor for the Halloween Seasonal. And every year, the Devs have REFUSED to give us another way to obtain the Demon's Tail Waist Style! It's utterly ridiculous and unacceptable that it is such an ultra rare drop in the Lockboxes, and we STILL have not been given another way to obtain it!

For pity's sake, it's already in the game! Charon, PLEASE give us another way to obtain the Demon's Tail Waist Style! Put it in Vendor # 22 or 00 for 10 Source Marks, with the low price being compensation for how long we've had to wait for another way to obtain it, then call it a day!