Community Style Initiative: Call for Suggestions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Mar 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Controller Devoted Player

Give us Shining Knight style, too - if you can

[IMG]

[IMG]

Him and his close friend Vigilante were OUTSTANDING in Justice League Unlimited - "Patriot Act" and in an earlier episode here with Atom Smasher

I've seen a few cool Vigilantes in the game but not sure you can pull off a Shining Knight with the style choices as of yet but I could be wrong.

And if DCUO could EVER pull off getting SK's faithful steed Winged Victory in this game

[IMG]

That would be a sight to behold, too.
    • Like x 4
  2. Ascended Well-Known Player

Wow, a lot of pages for a thread made less than a week ago, that's pretty cool.

So I love this idea but it seems a little weird to me since we have a dedicated "style request" thread already?

But anyway. Okay, I figure you devs must be looking for something other than a straight up character popularity poll right? You could've gotten that from the style request thread (albeit without motivating the players as much as this likely has). If you're gonna make a community-voted style you probably want something with more bells and whistles on it than just "we need more slimlines!" right? You're probably looking for something that not only captures the spirit (and IP's) of DC but something that'll stand out from the crowd. And odds are something that we can include in piecemeal style creations where we mix and match different stuff, so all this extra work on your end gets as much mileage from the community as possible.

So...

New Gods style. We have a few in-game already but there's a lot you can do with Kirby's classic zigzag-meets-circles aesthetic, it's quintessential DC, has plenty of opportunity for glowy bits, shifting lines, energy effects tied to specific pieces, reactive effects, etc., and major characters like Darkseid, Highfather, and Orion don't have a single style set yet (even if re-creating them with existing styles isn't too hard). This could be something that is easily recognized but has enough flexibility to be combined with other styles without being too jarring.

Animal spirit style. Inspired by the likes of Vixen and Animal Man, the real draw here wouldn't be the costume itself (neither Buddy nor Mari have overly unique costumes) but the ghostly images of various animals that would float above the different pieces. Consider the typical Vixen image where she channels an animal and we see a illusion of it above/around her, now apply that to a style. Ghostly tiger claws floating over the hands, ghostly eagle wings for the back, etc. Auras and Accessories might make this difficult but I'm throwing it out there anyway.

You could do the same with plants, for a Swamp Thing or Poison Ivy inspired look, but I think you'd see the animal version get more use. Though a legit Swamp Thing style would be pretty cool in and of itself too.

A tech-heavy style, Cyborg or Lex (or whoever) inspired, with moving parts like gears, sensor arrays, etc., and reactive panels that glow in combat, would also be pretty cool.

As for individual character inspirations

Naomi. One of DC's biggest breakout characters from the last couple years, Naomi's costume seems perfectly made for DCUO, with great texture potential, solid lines, glow effects, slimline appeal, and adding her swirling energy effect to the gear could really make it stand out (especially if it's a reactive affect).

Martian Manhunter. The only classic Leaguer without a style (sad). On their own, J'onn's costumes aren't terribly impressive and can be re-created in DCUO already. But if you made the gear reactive it could emulate J'onn's shape changing ability. Imagine a Manhunter style that seems fairly generic...until you enter combat and the helmet, hands, back, and feet all change into the more monstrous "native Martian" look? That kind of model-changing is beyond what prior reactive gear has done, but I have faith in the devs.

Blue Beetle. Jaime Reyes is a oft-requested style and his costume would be unique among most of DCUO's styles. There's opportunity for glow effects, moving/shifting parts, reactive bits, etc., but it's still something that could be mixed with other style pieces to create original looks.

Azreal. The classic 90's suit is largely considered one of the best costumes of that era, if not the entire modern era. And unlike a lot of characters, it's nearly impossible to re-create classic Azreal using what is in-game currently. I dunno if this suit would be worthy of this particular player-driven vote choice, but it's still something I want to see.

Finally, not a request for a specific character/style so much as just something I'd want to see; the style (whatever ends up winning) should have a really big emblem slot like the Stalwart Defender style, and/or multiple emblem slots on different pieces of gear. If there's a cape, can it be two-tone? I've heard there's technical issues with making that, but the Dark Metal bat wings are two-tone so I'm guessing you guys might've found a workaround.

Looking forward to seeing who/what wins this. And maybe this was covered already and I missed it but do we know yet how this new style will be available? Time capsule? Episode gear? Free gift? Members only or F2P?
  3. Magnificent Loyal Player

Many of the classic Legionnaires styles (not those Bendis aberrations) are still lost, hungry, lonely and looking for a good home (*insert Sarah McLachlin song here*).

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 8
  4. Controller Devoted Player

I know it would be difficult to add Winged Victory as a pet in this game but if they could AT LEAST add Shining Knight, WV and Vigilante as NPCs on the Watch Tower, perhaps.
    • Like x 1
  5. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Wonder Woman (Bekka) from the animated Justice League Gods and Monsters movie. She started in animated form, but most of DC's movies appear in comics too. This happened with Gods & Monsters also. So, she's fair game. ;)

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 7
  6. Nightcrawler Legionnaire

I liked this for the Legion. But Ryan Sook's designs rule. They invoke the past and still deliver a unique style.
    • Like x 2
  7. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

[IMG]

Neck collar tied into the shoulders, head piece would be the iconic brain bubbles in the shape of a V, and it already has in game approval :D
    • Like x 5
  8. TheMan ofTomorrow New Player

strange how my image isn't appearing however we need Per Detagon's chest style
    [IMG][IMG]
    and we need Solomon Grundy's stance/walk/body type as a selectable body for our characters'
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  9. TheMan ofTomorrow New Player

we need that Brainiac chest style also!
    • Like x 2
  10. Violette Crescendo New Player

I would request move 'Movement' styles - specifically related to power sets. I've seen the colored 'Lantern' related items, so I'm thinking about Fire, Ice, Earth, Electricity, Nature, Sorcery, Celestial, etc. My Fire DPS would look fabulous with a stream of fire behind her. Thank you.
    • Like x 1
  11. TheMan ofTomorrow New Player

we must have this Brainiac chest style that's already in game for the boss !!
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  12. Ambassador of Krypton Well-Known Player

Hi, caould you pls tell me what style your feet are?
    • Like x 3
  13. DarthBenton99 New Player

[IMG]I would like to see Kyle Rayner's Greenlantern and Darkseid.
    • Like x 2
  14. JD Onyx 2 New Player

I would like a raven style designed off of this game
  15. BlackSuperGirl Committed Player

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 7
  16. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  17. Kingjamzy1 New Player

I have a Wonder Girl character so I would really wanna love Cassie Sandsmark in one of these outfits and also wear it too, also maybe you could do an episode on the young justice or maybe even the silent armour

both inspired by Cassie's iconic new 52 outfit
    [IMG]

[IMG]

I also found this one thats not exactly from the comics but looks really cool

[IMG]

[IMG]

I also really want this whole outfit and hair with the iconic star jeans available for us

[IMG]

this one also I personally love the hair

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  18. Miahson New Player

How about jersey’s? Football, basketball, hockey, baseball and the like?
  19. Miahson New Player

How about having the ability to have a material or a cape where you can select a National flag pattern?
  20. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

I would greatly appreciate having a belt with the green lantern emblem !
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.