Star Wars, The Thread

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Ankh_Legacy, Mar 3, 2018.

1. ShazamFanatic2017 Well-Known Player

Just saw the tRoS for the 2nd time. I love this movie.

[IMG]
  2. ShazamFanatic2017 Well-Known Player

Watched a Star Wars marathon, yesterday. Saw The Force Awakens, The Last Jedi, and Return of the Jedi.
  3. ShazamFanatic2017 Well-Known Player

Watching the Tim Burton and Joel Schmaucher Batman movies, today. A marathon, if you will.
    Yes, even Batman and Robin. Even though it sucks. Watching Batman Returns, right now. Thank
    goodness, its not B&R.
  4. ShazamFanatic2017 Well-Known Player

Now, watching Batman Forever. The better of the 90s Batman movies. 25 years, wow.
    Has it been that long?

[IMG]
  5. ShazamFanatic2017 Well-Known Player

Today, I plan on watching a Superman movie marathon. I have the Man of Steel and Batman V Superman on blu-ray.
    Excluding Superman III and Superman IV: TQFP.
  6. ShazamFanatic2017 Well-Known Player

I mean Superman: The Movie as well as Superman II. Yes, the better of the series.
  7. ShazamFanatic2017 Well-Known Player

Now watching MoS. I love this movie. Its almost as good as Superman: The Movie.

[IMG]
  8. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

This is a Star Wars thread, talking about all things Star Wars and only Star Wars. Not a lets talk about whatever movie you are watching now thread.

I see you still do your thread takeovers, to which most of us would like you to stop doing. You can make your own threads and have fun with them you know.
    • Like x 3
  9. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Happy May the 4th.

A few bits of SW news todays.

Disney+ has premiered Rise of Skywalker (which is two months earlier than originally scheduled), Clone Wars season 7 finale "Victory and Death" and part 1 of an 8 part Mandalorian behind the scenes documentary.

A movie announcement

And along with some in game things the developers of SWTOR compiled a play list of all the games music and placed it on their YouTube channel. There are 62 total songs and here is the first one on the list.

• Like x 1
  10. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Despite my misgivings over how EA has handled having the exclusive Star Wars license, I'd be a liar if I said this didn't interest me. I loved the Rogue Squadron games on Nintendo's systems and spent more than my fair share of time on flight missions in SWG. In fact most of my Galactic Civil War rank progression in Galaxies came from flight missions. LOL

After watching the gameplay trailer that came out yesterday I think a lot will depend on how heavy the multiplayer emphasis is. If the story/single player modes are limited or short it's probably going to be a pass for me in the long run.
  12. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

As always the music is so good.

13. Remi King Active Player

Sta
    Star Wars is for geeks/nerds, Dc is cool so why the hell would you open a Star Wars thread on Dcuo forum?
  14. willflynne 10000 Post Club

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/welcome-to-jokers-funhouse.18/

Welcome to Joker's Funhouse (Off Topic Discussion)! Please use this forum for off topic discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

Plus, you...DO realize the whole "DC is cool, Star Wars is for geeks/nerds" argument can be very easily reversed, right? Heck, it's ALL geek/nerd stuff to most people.
    • Like x 1
  15. Lynx Committed Player

Here's me at PAX South in january 2020:

[IMG]

And some after-PAX Shots I did with photo effects added:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

This is the second mando costume I've done, so I had a bit more practice on this than the last one, here:

[IMG]

Each costume takes roughly 3-6 months to make, and probably costs me around 1000-1500$
    • Like x 2
  16. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Nicely done! The costs (and my own vanity LOL) have kept me from pursuing the costuming on that level, but the interest has always been there.
  17. Lynx Committed Player

Thanks. It definitely takes some dedication. The first outfit had a lot of problems because I was entirely new to cosplay, and to working with Sintra (the material the armor is made out of) and had no experience using sewing machine even. I also went with a lot of low cost stuff on that build, including a nerf gun (modified of course) and a lot of fabric and greeblies from goodwill lol. The gauntlets and jetpack and everything were all hand made though, lots of PVC involved.

The second outfit that I wore earlier this year improved greatly but still has a lot of problems that I need to work out, either on it or a future third build. I always have problems getting the leg plates to fit right, and the vest still ended up a bit loose. I used magnets to hold everything on this time (first time was velcro that never worked the way it should), the magnets held really well but trying to put on a cloth vest that's got 50-60 magnets embedded into it is a huge pain, it turns into this little black hole of magnetic fabric and is constantly sticking to itself until you get it all the way on.

I based the second suit over an air force flight suit (The green jumpsuit you see underneath) that belonged to my grandfather when he flew fighter jets in vietnam, so it has some history behind it too. I avoided the jetpack entirely on that second kit because it was a bulky, cumbersome pain the first time around. Instead I went with a cloak/animal pelt combo for the back covering. I do want to go with a jetpack again on a future build but I need to work some attachment points for it out first.
  18. willflynne 10000 Post Club

If you don't already have any contact/association with the 501st roleplay organization, they might be a resource that can help give suggestions/workarounds for any challenges you run into.

https://501st.com/

Nice link to the past with the grandfather's flight suit, too. :)
  19. Lynx Committed Player

The MMCC (Mandalorian Mercs Costume Club) is equivalent to the 501st in regards to mandalorian cosplay. I use a lot of resources from them, but have little interest in joining the groups, there's too much drama and rules for my tastes.
  20. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I was a little hesitant in mentioning the groups as I've heard the 501st in particular can be real sticklers for details, but didn't have enough firsthand knowledge or experience to say anything definitive. Still thought it might provide something helpful, so...:D