Devs about the brute body type its wrong

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DrakeBall, May 23, 2020.

1. Megzilla Developer

[IMG]
    • Like x 8
  2. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I keep telling you knuckleheads, but will you listen? NO! But notice her green name? That means she's one of the game's Developers, and what she says goes! :p
  3. DrakeBall Well-Known Player

you just shattered my heart in pieces man this sucks
  4. DarkAvenger Well-Known Player

Rip my hopes and dreams :( can we at least get this personality pretty please
    [IMG]
  5. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

[IMG]
  6. Schimaera Devoted Player

Threads like these are fun. There's one side that basically says "the devs already told us multiple time that it would require individual work on all style items in the game" and "some physics changes would/could change transitions, gameplay and other stuff" (by the by, that's also why manbat trinket got changed). And then there's the other side with hot arugments like "yeah, but [...]" and "the devs do not want to change stuff, they could but they do not want it because they hate us little people and they are just keeping all the money we gave them, those evil guys".

You don't need any more reality tv after that ^^
    • Like x 3
  7. Batrederik Dedicated Player

Amen.
    • Like x 1
  8. Toshknight Loyal Player

don't quit asking. or wanting or let anyone be little you for suggesting something that would be awesome.
    all is i am saying don't just stop talking on DISCUSSION forums about what you want, cynicism and told you so posters, are always flooding people ideas and thoughts about what should be put or would be it a better game, developers that post in the threads are NOT shot callers of the content, they go to there work station and do what they do best. and have opinions like everyone else.
    things always change. there is never a definitive answer about stuff like this unless it is widely shot down by devs on live streams and other big posts
  9. Toshknight Loyal Player

can you go into why, ? or are you "NOT ALLOWED" or is it personal feeling against the bane style body? J/w cause you just saying NO doesn't say anything. just that you maybe don't want it
    • Like x 1
  10. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I see you couldn't be bothered to read the whole thread, because this was just posted this weekend, and was only ONE page back!

There's several issues tied into how the game's engine works, so there will be NO new body types coming along, as Developer Megzilla also confirmed on THIS SAME PAGE of the thread!

Buh-bye now! :p
  11. DrakeBall Well-Known Player

memegenrator really bro really
    • Like x 1
  12. Megzilla Developer

This has been explained several times, and previous instances of explanations were linked earlier. Basically, all gear suits are custom built to each body type. Adding a new body type means making a 2 new versions (because we would also offer a large female body type) of ALL style items which is an incredibly arduous endeavor. Our gear system is considerably archaic and doesn't allow for much flexibility without redoing everything.
    • Like x 8
  13. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

Monday's tomorrow, no need to stress on your day off;)
    • Like x 2
  14. DarkAvenger Well-Known Player

Than can we please get the personality that bane uses please
    [IMG]
  15. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Which part of "Adding different body types would require recreating all existing styles in game (and there are several thousand)" is difficult to understand?

That was posted on May 24th in this thread. More than two weeks ago, and you still can't comprehend the meaning of those words?
    • Like x 1
  16. DrakeBall Well-Known Player

you dont even have to make a female version of bane body type tho it doesn't exist for females
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's incredible, all of you can type but a few can't read.
    • Like x 4
  18. Magnificent Loyal Player

Are you purposely trying not to understand?

It's not about the body type, it's about the gear.

Can you wear the same shoes today that you wore when you were 4 years old? No, of course not. That's the issue with making new body types. They could make the body but players would have no costumes nor hair, just running around bald and in the underwear that's on the base model.

If they make a new body type that have to go back and hand-craft each and every style piece (head, chest, back, hair, etc) to have a version for that body type. Every single one. That's thousands and thousands and thousands of items. That takes a TON of work hours, work hours that aren't going towards creating new content.

There are other games where the game engine can scale the gear to fit the body type. DCUO's engine is too old to allow that (it's why others have posted threads asking about moving to newer engines).

I hope this explains it because I don't know if it can be made any more simple.
    • Like x 3
  19. darth_paul Dedicated Player

But, there is a large “She-Hulk” like female body that is the equivalent of the largest male body. I’ve used it on two characters, my heroine, “Elyisum Angel” and my villainess, “Plantasma.” They are both huge statuesque women! I have the large male bodies on my main hero, “Fighting Floridian,” and on my villains, “Bebop” and “Rocksteady” because it’s fitting as they are all animal mutants.

All of them male and female I believe have shrunk, but they’re still decently large. So, yeah, if they’re going to make the male body bigger again, then they will need to upsize the female one as well.
  20. Batrederik Dedicated Player

Megzilla
    This thread reminds me of the scene in the star wars ep 3 where Mace says [You are on this Council, but we do not grant you the rank of Master.]

^