Devs about the brute body type its wrong

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DrakeBall, May 23, 2020.

1. Batrederik Dedicated Player

This GIF made me laugh out loud ^
  2. darth_paul Dedicated Player

True, and what does a person's actual gender have to do with anything either? A lot of male players play as female characters in game because they enjoy looking at sexy female characters while playing.

Plus, in the initial character creation, there are options to design your character from the start as based upon various iconics and I'm pretty sure that one of the options is indeed "Bane Inspired," and that goes for both genders.

Now, sure, there probably aren't any "female players" using that choice, but, who knows who is actually who or what on these forums or in the game? There may not even be any "male players" using that body and that style, but it exists and if you don't want the style regardless of your "gender" there is at least a body type option like that which has been pointed out that we players do use. We may not be actual females, but again that shouldn't be any kind of issue. The argument that no person of a specific gender would want to use a specific body type of a specific gender is stupid and irrelevant.
  3. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

*Green Lantern Boodikka of Bellatrix glares at you*

[IMG]
  4. HL4LYFE Well-Known Player

personally, i would like to see the other movement variants be revived than new body types, we have skimming the flight variant, i just wonder what the others could have been, i always hoped superspeed could get a animal like run, acro i couldnt even guess
  5. Wildcat Committed Player

Next DLC bounty confirmed! :rolleyes::eek:

Devs can easly make new body types but with limited gear styles, (- if updating styles for new body types is a problem.) - only new styles / materials for new body types.

But!

Its like legends pvp for them - they will not get extra money for that type of work
    Some people may be disappointed about not able to wear some of unlocked styles on that character.
  6. DarkAvenger Well-Known Player

Only female opinions matter jack your obviously not female
  7. DrakeBall Well-Known Player

how about we get both
  8. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Again, go look at the woman cosplaying as Bane. Are you trying to say someone forced them to cosplay as a lady Bane? And they couldn't possibly have wanted to portray a big strong character themselves? Are you saying that you speak for all women? Even if one or both of you are women, you can only speak for yourselves, just like no one person's opinion represents the opinions of everyone. At the very least, I can guarantee you that there are females that would want a new body type (even if it isn't a lady Bane type), as the existing 3 body types are not reflective of every possible body type and some may want to create a character that looks more like them. So as mentioned numerous times (even by a Dev in this thread), if they made a new body type for male characters, they would have to make a new one for female characters as well. They wouldn't necessarily be equivalent body types, but they would have to make a new body type for both makes and females.

Also, if you are both guys, why do you have such a strong opinion about customisation options for female characters? In reality, female characters can be played be anyone, so anything that anyone would want for a female character is valid.
  9. darth_paul Dedicated Player

What does it matter if female players want to use the body type or not?

What is this insinuation that only male players use male body types and only female players use female body types?
  10. DarkAvenger Well-Known Player

I don’t know I just want the personality that bane uses
  11. DrakeBall Well-Known Player

im trying to prove that females dont want the lady bane body and that they dont use the mesa one already so you dudes dont count they only have to make the male version
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The only thing you proved so far is you're sexist and not a mind reader. GG
    • Like x 4
  13. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I'll point you back to my previous comment.
    Also to go back to timing, on a previous post I points out that it would take 182 years to go back and update all existing styles for two new body types (the male Bane one you want and a new female one that could either be a Lady Bane or something else) at a rate of 1 item a week (as someone suggested they should do), or 26 years at a rate of 7 styles a week.

What I didn't mention there is the additional work going forward. If it currently takes 3 months to make the styles (episode vendor gear, purple/event vendor, TC gear and their enhanced versions, and auras/accessories/other styles for the episode vendors/TCs/seasonals) for the 6 existing body types, it would take 4 months to create new styles going forward for 8 body types. So they would likely either end up making less styles or there would be longer breaks between episodes and TCs to give time to make so the styles, since seasonals have a set time frame when things need to be done. So even if by some miracle all existing styles became compatible with new body types (or if the devs decided the new body types couldn't wear any of the existing styles), it would still have a negative lasting impact going forward.
    • Like x 3
  14. darth_paul Dedicated Player

That won't prove anything. Even if a female player did come on here and say, "No" to both, it's not going to automatically make the devs go,"This one girl doesn't want something, so guess we won't do it." Things don't work that way.

Also, to be honest, even though you don't think my opinion as a dude matters, I don't even want a huge "roid raged Lady Bane" body either. The existing Mesa is fine, as it's a taller and more buff female body, but it's still feminine and beautiful, not manly. I'm not sure anyone, girl or guy, would want a big manly female body type. So, maybe we agree somewhat on that partially.

However, again, as Lorax, stated, you're not a mind reader, and neither am I, so you can't go around saying that women players don't use the existing Mesa, or even if they don't use the existing Brute. Who knows, they just might. And, although I just said above that I wouldn't even want this massive female body that you are suggesting that only men want and women don't, and that I couldn't see anyone else wanting it either ... again, I'm not a mind reader, so maybe someone here does. And, if they do, their sex/gender is irrelevant, because, as I noted above, things don't work that way, and the devs aren't going to make a decision to do work on one body type or another based purely on what one person, or by chance if you get several people, of a particular sex/gender have to say about it.

Plus, as I noted in a previous post, and others did too, both the Brute and the corresponding, Mesa, were bigger before, they weren't massively Bane or Hulk sized, but they were bigger. Both were a bit taller and just a bit more muscular, but they were both made smaller due to issues with the body blocking in the game. So, that's why they are both are the way that they are now. Yet, that was pointed out, and so folks like you are now saying, "O.K, just make them a bit bigger again, and not super massive if that's the problem."

But, it is the problem! They won't make them bigger again, and they won't just do a male version only, regardless of what male or female players want, because of the work involved in doing all of the styles and restructuring everything.
    • Like x 2
  15. DrakeBall Well-Known Player

well i cant argue with that yall made some good points and you are right i dont speak for everyone and im not sexist either i know it looks like i was but i just wanted the brutes to be big again at all cost it was just wishful thinking but i still have hope that maybe when the ps5 drops maybe they will make both of em
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They won't because again the issue is reconstructing every existing style for these new models you want. It has nothing to do with old tech. They do not want to waste time and labor for new models.
    • Like x 1
  17. StealthBlue Loyal Player

DCUO being on the PS5 (which I don't think has been confirmed, but I would say is likely) won't change the facts of how long it would take to update older styles for two new body types (182 years for 1 a week, 26 years for 2 a week) or the fact that any new style would take 33% longer to create due to the need to make it for two new body types.

Being on a new more powerful system doesn't streamline the workload either, if anything it would increase the workload (at least while still supporting the older systems). Currently they are coding for 4 different platforms (PC, PS4, Xbox, and Switch). When the new Xbox and PS come out they will potentially be coding for 6 systems. Now that doesn't directly affect the art department, but those new consoles (and upgraded PCs) would be capable of rendering more detail, so there will be a push to develop art assets with more detail (which means it could take longer to develop art assets like gear styles or instances/open world areas).

Unfortunately, the only way to get more body types faster (or allow for a slider system for complete customization) would be to rebuild the entire character style system from scratch. And that would take a significant amount of time, possibly as much as 3-4 years. During which there would likely be less new styles and possibly less new art assets overall and probably other noticeable impacts since it wouldn't just be the art department working on this.

I'm also not sure what you mean by wanting "the brutes to be big again". The small, medium, and large brutes have always been the same sizes that they currently are, at least as far as I remember.
  18. HL4LYFE Well-Known Player

how about a new skin over the old models that look more like bane? not size wise but like what we hav now, yea these ppl are cut but we dont really hav the big veins popin out too look really aggressive like bane
  19. StealthBlue Loyal Player

They could make a Bane disguise trinket, like the many different ones that exist. The downsides there are that you wouldn't have any customization of the looks of the character and you would have to waste a spot on your utility belt to activate the disguise.
  20. DrakeBall Well-Known Player

that's actuality a good idea it should shape your waist size to a v shape aswell