Devs about the brute body type its wrong

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DrakeBall, May 23, 2020.

1. Super essdubbs New Player

My main toon is super essdubbs and i was under the impression that if 1 of your toons gets full elite gear for that said gear all his other toons associated with the same account would get discounted gear on all of his toons for said gear. 265 gear from bop. Please fix this problem. I was told by a ton of players that this is how it's supposed to work. Ty please contact me as soon as you can. Hey guys I'm new to the forums and this is the only reply button i saw. I don't know how to open new threads. But does anyone know if I'm correct on this?
  2. Super essdubbs New Player

I hope someone can help
  3. DrakeBall Well-Known Player

i understand I'm just saying they don't have to make a female version im pretty sure they wouldn't even want it and they could always take there time like every week they do 1 style at a time with different devs switching in and out
  4. Magnificent Loyal Player

They do. Not making a female version would be considered sexist.

Beyond that though, even if they were just to make only a male version it's still having to remake tens of thousands of costume items from scratch just to appease a very few players.

I would rather they put their time and effort into upgrading the game engine that could incorporate a system that scales gear to models so they could make all sorts of new models without having to worry about crafting gear for each specific one.

Work smarter, not harder ;)
  5. DrakeBall Well-Known Player

im 90% sure the females wouldn't even want it nobody even uses the large mesa female body type already bro
  6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

The vast majority of the time, they do things fair when it comes to cosmetic aspects of the game. So if one gender gets a new body type, the other gender gets one too. To do otherwise would just be giving yourself a headache and uproar that could have been easily avoided. And make no mistake, there WOULD be complaints about only one gender getting a new body type.
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

And you know this how?
  8. DrakeBall Well-Known Player

i haven't seen 1 female use the mesa body type since i joined in 2014 literally not 1
  9. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Meet Amelia Powers

[IMG]
  10. DrakeBall Well-Known Player

oh and? your one person no girl wants to be a ugly she hulk
  11. Magnificent Loyal Player

Whether they would or wouldn't use it is completely irrelevant. Even if they did not make a female form there's still the issue of the tens of thousands of style items they would need to make for the male form. Half of a ****ton of work is still a ****ton of work.
  12. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I have a large Mesa as well, as I'm sure many other people do. Are you really trying to say that no one would want to be a big powerful woman? Because that's simply not the case.
  13. darth_paul Dedicated Player

I also just literally posted a reply that I had two! This guy cannot read. Lol!
  14. StealthBlue Loyal Player

You really don't seem to understand. I have 36+ pages of chest styles on my main (each page has 10 styles). If they only did one style a week, it would take 7 years just for the chest (then up to another 7 each for head, back, legs, face, shoulder, hands, waist, feat, skins, auras, accessories, and some weapons for a total of up to 91 years). Even if they managed to get 7 styles a week, we would still be looking at about 13 years.

Edit: I forgot to mention, this would only be to include one new body type. So really you would have to double this (182 years for 1 style a week, 26 years for seven styles a week) because, as mentioned many many times, if they make a new body type for male characters, they would make a new one for females characters as well.
  15. DrakeBall Well-Known Player

you don't count your not a female
  16. StealthBlue Loyal Player

You may be right, but it's not a good practice to presume someone's gender online. There are plenty of people on the forums (and in game) that may not be the gender you think.

As for the issue at hand, just go Google "female Bane" and look at all the artwork and cosplayers portraying a female version of Bane and try telling me that no one would want to be a female version of Bane. There aren't as many examples of female Doomsday, but they exist as well.
    • Like x 1
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You have to buy the elite style feat on your other characters to activate the discount.
  18. Zamara Dedicated Player

Adding to what Lorax said and just in case you didn't know already even after unlocking the feat on your alts if you want the elite gear there too you still have to earn the prestige on your alts to buy it.
    As for opening new threads you need to be in the start page of the forums where you can see all the different sections of the forums, then you go pick the section that fits the most for your thread, for your question you would most likely be going to the Gotham City section which is the general gameplay section, there you'll see a green button that says post new thread, from there is all straight forward, you write your title and then the rest in the space below it, before posting your thread in case you want to get notifications from your thread you want to select in the options "watch thread" so you get notifications when someone replies to it, you can also select to receive email notifications for it too
    • Like x 1
  19. Zamara Dedicated Player

I just want to point out a female version of bane does exist in the comics:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  20. DrakeBall Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3