Tell us what costume styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Oh, and it's been quite a long time since I requested it, but STILL nothing has been done to give us another way to obtain the Demon's Tail Waist Style! There are now multiple ways to obtain the Avatar Bombardier Style Set and other "Rare" styles in the Rare Style Vendor 22, but the Demon's Tail Waist Style remains one of the hardest styles in the game to obtain. No amount of praying to RN Geesus will make this style show up in Promethium Lockboxes. In fact, I'm starting to suspect it's been removed from the Lockbox Loot Table altogether! :(

This is beyond ridiculous at this point! Devs, you need to dislodge your Collective Cranium from your Collective Rectum, and put that tail in Vendor 22 NOW!!! :mad:
    • Like x 1
  2. Darth_Andrea Well-Known Player

Iconic Chroma's are something I think we need, at least for the big 4 of the DCU, a Superman Chroma, Batman Chroma, Wonder Woman Chroma and a Flash Chroma. Each in colors that work with the main ways that people wear these iconic outfits. Also the Noble Warrior Chest needs to have the Bracelets on their own color channel or something they share the same main color as the piece. Make them a separate part or something please I love DCUO so ..
    • Like x 2
  3. ExobyteBurt Dedicated Player

I got the tail a year or so ago for first time, then again for a second time about a month back. So it's still in those pesky Promethium Lockboxes.
    • Like x 1
  4. Guamanian New Player

I would like to see a Valiant Warrior Set. There is a head piece but I would like a belt with a golden lasso, some shoulder armor a cape and the armor bracelets: see below Just to complete the look with the Noble Warrior Set

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  5. CéIia New Player

Yes, good idea indeed ! In addition to many heroes or criminals we had acquired their "real styles" in the game and not really her!!
    (see also this example below)
    It's not fair for all his fans and for our characters too.

[IMG]
  6. DarkAvenger Well-Known Player

Give us this personality and some alien heads like Jiren and allow materials to be used on color slots so we can use multiple at the same time
    [IMG]
  7. Megzilla Developer

I understand the goal yall are trying to achieve; we do our best to keep gear pieces in their respective slots. I don't anticipate us making a chest/cape combo because then players could also wear a cape with that and I think that would be a hot mess.
    • Like x 2
  8. Megzilla Developer

We got something battle-damaged in the works 8)
    • Like x 1
  9. Megzilla Developer

Right now I don't think we have a way to tie in meshes with health percentages. Right now our reactive states are in/out of combat, in/out of movement mode, and KO'd. But I agree, this idea is very cool.
    • Like x 1
  10. Megzilla Developer

I've seen the Alien head request.
    • Like x 3
  11. DarkAvenger Well-Known Player

Oh Thank god now I can rest in piece please make it
  12. Megzilla Developer

I have seen this request. I believe 2 other sets of cuffed boots were posted.
  13. Megzilla Developer

I don't anticipate us going back and remaking the Huntress hood, but we have been having internal discussions on what to do with achieving hair + hood. (It is currently not possible on a technical level to have a player's hair show in a hood - it would clip outside the hood (archaic system)).
    • Like x 1
  14. Megzilla Developer

I hear you; we are looking for opportunities for large emblems. A reason one of our latest slimlines (Oracle) didn't have a large slot - the panelling on the chest would break up the emblem area and it wouldn't look very nice. We stuck emblem slots wherever we could on the Harley suit though.

Female meshes can be difficult because of their "super proportions" and very narrow torsos. There is a lot of distortion that we are fighting against.
    • Like x 2
  15. Megzilla Developer

Yes.
    Also imagine wearing a jacket with anything that's not a slimline. Those meshes do not get hidden; they will clip.
    • Like x 2
  16. Heywiar Committed Player

Idk about you but I'd love to see the implementation of new skins in the game. I REALLY liked Amazo's skin and it made me realize that we don't have a um...aesthetically pleasing robot skin in the game. There is that cybernetic skin but it takes away the toon's nose and lips.
    Any chance we can see some more "technologically advanced" or "sleek" robotic skins for our toons like Amazo?
    • Like x 1
  17. Hraesvelg Always Right

I like the idea of battle torn styles, but I think tying it in to in-combat situations seems like the "cool" factor would be heavily mitigated by not really being able to see your character in low health percentages for very long. I know when I'm in a fight, I'm not looking at my toon's clothing all that much.

But that might explain some PUGs I've seen...
  18. Darth_Andrea Well-Known Player

One set of pre-attached emblems (Scion Of Ion) and the like could use a cleanup pass. Just to prevent Chroma's and Materials from blacking out the attached emblem on the chest. Move the emblem hitbox (I've noticed they apply under the attached piece) to be just above the attached emblem. That should fix that particular problem, if Chroma's and Materials blacking out the pieces can't be fixed as such.
  19. Megzilla Developer

I can note Amazo's skin as inspiration for a new cybernetic skin.

I understand, that functionality currently does not exist in our engine. I'm saying right now, those values are either 0 or 100. There is no in between. You are either alive or dead. Forgive my caveman explanation, I don't know the programming and tech behind it all to better explain it.
    • Like x 3
  20. Heywiar Committed Player

That's awesome to hear!!! Thank you so much!
    • Like x 2