Tell us what Base items you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Royal Knight Kiryu Well-Known Player

A sword in stone like the king Arthur lore.
  2. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

holographic alfred
    • Like x 1
  3. Clawed Active Player

For the summer event:

base and league hall waterfalls
    sea serpent head like it coming out of the water
    running stream or spring
    sand pile with beach ball
    volley ball net
    dock “bridge”
  4. FullMetalBoDC New Player

Most people who bother to decorate bases let alone league halls would love an updated decoration mode to make it much easier to find decorations. We would love a option to delete already collected base items from withing the decoration mode. I like many others have hundreds upon of base items making it so difficult to look for certain base items. So please give us an updated decoration mode.
    • Like x 2
  5. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

a lazarous pit as decoration
    • Like x 1
  6. Brit Loyal Player

In this updated decoration mode, please fix the Lair "Permission to Decorate" feature. It has been broken for years. Granting another player permission to decorate does not allow them to place/move/remove items. Instead, permission to decorate only allows them to turn paintings upside-down and rotate chairs in their current place.

"Permission to Decorate" should use the same mechanics as the League Hall decorating functionality, allowing all of the players to place/remove/move items from a list of available items for the base, with the list in this case just being the list of available items unlocked by the owner of the Lair.
    • Like x 1
  7. Robot Savage Level 30

OMG YESSS Devs please we would love to delete unwanted base items that have been collected already.
    • Like x 2
  8. Robot Savage Level 30

This would be incredible as well! Allowing friends the chance to decorate our bases instead of just moving things and not fully decorating. I always wanted to get a league mate to decorate my base but this always stop us :(
    • Like x 2
  9. Brit Loyal Player

It's been the single Lair Functionality issue I have most frequently championed. This would allow me to do so much.

We could have other players decorate for us if it's something they enjoy or are really good at.

We could have jointly decorated Lairs, for example a shared Lair between two League-mates. I could allow my real-life spouse or children to decorate a bedroom for their character within my Lair.

Heck, this would allow us to decorate Lairs for alts without having to log over to the alt to do it, just by friending and permissioning our own characters, so that we can decorate for our alts while we are waiting for queues with our main (or decorate for our main while waiting for queues on our alts, after our mains finish running everything).

All they have to do is literally port in the same functionality that League Halls have, and it could be something that works for everyone's benefit.

And then I would give Zneeak 250mil to decorate the Britcave for me.
    • Like x 1
  10. Ascended Well-Known Player

I'm down with letting other people/alts actually decorate lairs. Not something I really *need* but it'd be cool.

And I've been wanting the option to remove/delete base items for ages. There are times when you get a base item, and it's only after you put it in your lair that you realize it's too big or whatever. And then you're just stuck with it.

For example, I forget what the name of the item is, but it's the big stone Green Lantern battery. I got the thing back when it was fairly new, check Google images to see what it looks like, and all I see is a stone Lantern battery with no reference to size. I figure it's about the size of a normal lantern. So I send it to my Green Lantern character, and discover that it's so big it barely fits even the biggest rooms in my lair. And in the few places it does fit, it just looks weird and awkward. Had I known how big it was, I would've put it in my League Hall. But now my alt is stuck with the thing whether I place it or not. If I could use some replays to take it out of my base inventory and get the item itself back so I could send it to the Hall, I would do it happily. I'd even use marketplace cash to do so, assuming the price wasn't stupidly high.

That stone lantern is fairly easy to come by, admittedly, so maybe it's not the best example, but other base items are not so easily found. And having to use replays or marketplace cash could stop people from using this system to farm for feats or whatever.
    • Like x 1
  11. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

The Memorial Statue? I made the same mistake.
    but for me it’s more like the 3 pages of couches and chairs and beds. All the tables. The furniture in general, I will never use. As well as a lot of holiday base items. They look cool, but I’ll probably never use them.
    completely agree about hiding base items that were collected only for feats. Decorating bases? I agree it’s a good idea, but it would need to be a separate permission list. After all, 2 of my bases I dont want anyone messing with. Lol
    • Like x 1
  12. Ascended Well-Known Player

Yeah, it's the Memorial Statue. Or the name is really, really close to that anyway. You know what I'm talkin' about! :)

Me, I don't have pages and pages of base items. What I have are dozens and dozens of alts, so the base items I collect get spread around; if this item fits that alt's theme, it goes there. If a base item doesn't fit anyone, I throw it on the broker dirt cheap just to get rid of it.

The items tied to feats, most of those fit a alt's theme anyway so I use them. The few that don't, well those do clutter up the list a bit, but it's not so bad for me, thanks to my small army of alts.
  13. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

My main base is, of course, The FortressofDangertude. The theme is a home but with vehicles/time machines and armories I’m the extra room. As well as a pub in the basement...and an impressive library if I may say so.
    the alts are “Labwork”, the RunfromDanger Garden, and the HallofRandomCrap. So 3 of them are so specific that a lot of stuff doesn’t fit the theme. Now The HallofRandomCrap, people could decorate however they want. The RunfromDanger Garden, kinda torn. I mean, the garden in the extra room is off limits but the rest they can decorate however they want...but how do I make sure people don’t mess with my garden?
  14. Mystyfy Level 30

I'd like to see new configurations of older themed bases. Could be the same size as far as volume goes, but reorder the rooms around to allow for more vertical or horizontal style options.

I would also like to see more totem style items, random npc characters like lanterns or cultists to have walking/flying around our bases.
    • Like x 1
  15. PrinceOfFacade New Player

More Egyptian statues would be nice.

Right now we only have three, and they're not even available in the Marketplace anymore. It would be awesome to have a huge DLC pack of various Egyptian statues other items.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  16. HYDEF New Player

I know it's been said before, but i just want to be able to sit on the chairs and things like that
  17. Ascended Well-Known Player

I think the only way you'd be able to keep your garden safe, if this ever became a thing, would just be going on the honor system. I think it'd be way too big a pain to program the thing so you can omit certain rooms.

Man, there are some fantastic bases out there. I have a couple that look okay, I think, but some of you guys are truly impressive. Like, I've seen one YouTube video of a Doctor Strange style Sanctum and.....it is just wild how good it looks. Some of you folks have a real talent for this.

Oh, I think I forgot my semi-monthly request for a big League Hall sized meeting table. And more vehicles, and vehicles that are League Hall sized, or at least as big as the Luthor Dimensional Ship (which is still too small for most body types to actually fit in).
    • Like x 1
  18. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

How well I do depends on how into it I am at the time. My Labwork base is still a work in progress. Some rooms are impressive while others clearly need work. Lol
    Are you also “Ascended” in the game? I’d love to check out your bases.
  19. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

an holographic image of your mentor
  20. Ascended Well-Known Player

Nope, not Ascended in game, and most of my best bases are owned by alts anyway.

I'm neck deep in Final Fantasy 7 right now but next time I log into DCUO I'll give you access to my best bases. But like I said, none of them are that great. My best work is a pale shadow compared to what some folks have done.