Livestream Preview: Oracle's Time Capsule

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Feb 18, 2020.

1. IonHero Committed Player

Why on earth did you make the Harlequin Chroma Material a feat?
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  2. EconoKnight XIII Legion

It would make stabilizers irrelevant. They could allow people to use what they have now to buy open time caps through marketplace, but you would no longer be able to buy stabilizers and the fragmentation duo would be deleted (which I think is what’s being exploited this time? No idea).
  3. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

So there's no way for us to earn them for free? Not a fan of that. Unless im missing something
  4. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i dont think maintaining a few different accounts is cheating. you take the time out to create new characters and have to run them through the duo. unless youre subbed the process of accumulating stabilizers is slow and you need to be at least premium to trade. isnt that right? still brings some money into the game...maybe not as much as the dev team would like but why is this all of the sudden a problem? there are lots of ways you can work the system from just havng one account...granted it takes more money than five bucks but they're still out there.

i remember early on in the game players creating 16 toons and running them all through the vault an emailing their main character all the cash was the first way players got "rich" in this game..

doing something to duplicate items, taking advantage of broker glitches...thats cheating.
    • Like x 1
  5. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Whelp, I guess I wont be finishing this capsule. I put in quite a bit, but we PC players depend on drops from other players ( mostly PS), to help fill in the gaps where our rng luck falls short. Devs, if you want to kill your game...THIS is the way to do it. If I cant finish this capsule, then you can kiss my business goodbye. Also, take that feat off the Ultra Rare, you know better than that.
    • Like x 4
  6. EconoKnight XIII Legion

You would just get the equivalent in DB cash each month.
  7. Perdition Committed Player

Great...

Even when they said they are taking our feedback into account about the neon-chroma having a horrible drop rate and feat attached to it, they now do exactly the same thing over again..

The whales speak louder with their wallet then the community it seems.

[IMG]
    • Like x 11
  8. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Running a few different accounts is fine. But do you think somebody got 400+ stabilizers over a couple of months by just running a few accounts every day? That’s what’s being said, and it smells of an exploit.
  9. Luke© Well-Known Player

Why tf did you made it not tradeable between PS/PC? Whats the explanation?
    I don't know how, but you manage to make time capsules worse every time...
    • Like x 2
  10. Vicious Well-Known Player

Yeah this is a hugeeeeeeeeeeee bummer for PC players. There are a massive amount more PS players and now we won't even be able to trade with them. Can't believe they decided to go in this direction but it's extremely sad and disappointing.
    • Like x 8
  11. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

I'm a PlayStation player, but I do feel for you in this regard. The less people to trade with on the rare capsule stuff will skyrocket the prices of the items on the platform with less supply. Considering we share the same server and economy, this is unfair. I understand separating the Switch and XBOX economies, since they likely have less inflation than the PC/PSN, but changing the tradability for the players that share the same space is super wonky.

I guess I can have concern for the PlayStation crowd as well, since we don't know if the whales and big spenders/openers are PC or PlayStation players. The prices might drop like a rock for the PC players instead, since if the whales are on their platform, then there will be more opened for less people to sell/trade with... while the PSN prices will be through the roof. Ugh... this is so yuck.

I will not spend real money for Marketplace Cash for these Oracle's Time Capsules if this remains in place.
    • Like x 4
  12. IonHero Committed Player

IF the issue is Sony, (because of unlocked capsules in the marketplace) .

Then we might see the items/capsules become tradeable once we move onto the next time capsule. (unfortunately the next one should be a resurgence and I can just imagine how well a nontradeable resurgence capsule will go.)

Similar to how Teen Titan catalysts are now tradeable. but were not tradeable when they were in the marketplace
  13. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Despite its detractors, time caps have always operated because of a delicate balance; and the biggest part of that has been that the items are tradeable. We also did not have these ultra rare feats that sowed discord.

Why the devs are fiddling with things is beyond me, but it’s a mistake. Who’s thinking these changes will make them more money?
    • Like x 4
  14. Reverse Sentry Active Player

If they don´t change it how it used to be I may see myself taking action for good.
    • Like x 1
  15. Draconiano Committed Player

I know I know, you will think I'm crazy, but let me explain.

You noticed how there was big stacks of TC gear on the broker?
    And also people selling on the broker and at the same time more than 1 expensive collection at a fixed price (some of these may have been exploiters and some others resellers)
    Or people afking in the stabilizer event...

Well, people since day 1 were doing free accounts for stabilizers, 1 free stabilizer each 5 days per account...and I spotted some "factory" leagues with more than 70 accounts. I found about these factories after using the census on people that were afking in the stabiizer event.
    Why these accounts needed to stay on the same league? Because of the shared bank, they didn't needed to pay $5 to make the accounts premium.
    And these exploiters didn't needed to level free accounts to level 10, they just used the free CR Advance gifted every year.

Try to place a John Constantine's catalyst on the league's shared bank and you will understand why we have this new restriction. Blocking the trade between PC and PS wasn't the primary objetive, it's just collateral damage.

So in fact I think it's better for the game, they were losing a lot of sales because of this and devs should extend this new restriction to the older time capsules.
    ------

Said that, you will notice a lot less of the new TC stuff on the broker and that is bad for the playerbase. I probably wouldn't be able to complete the feats of this new TC since the PC community on the EU Server is very small and the prices are going to climb a lot.
    But that's what we get when people exploits, the same as always, it hurts not only them but everyone else.
  16. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Is this confirmed, or are you assuming this??? I watched the Livestream, and didn't hear it mentioned at all.
  17. Reverse Sentry Active Player

It is confirmed since the capsule is live already
    • Like x 1
  18. Jafin 10000 Post Club

While I doubt we will get actual confirmation of what the reason is for doing this, there are two main contenders imo, which have been touched on already. The first one is Sony was not happy about items being opened on PC and then sold to PS players, because it cut into their revenue, and the other is that this is a consequence of the economy stuff at the end of last year. If there is an exploit exclusive to PS then it protects the PC economy, and vice versa.

I highly doubt that this is something the devs wanted to do. This 100% feels like something they were forced into doing because they didn't have a choice. What the actual reason for it is is probably something we will never know.
    • Like x 4
  19. Jafin 10000 Post Club

...no it's not, lol. The video is a meme that's years old where people put in subtitles for whatever subject matter they want.
  20. Draconiano Committed Player

Here is your answer, the reason is the same as always when something like this happens, exploiters.