Livestream Preview: Oracle's Time Capsule

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Feb 18, 2020.

1. The Goat Level 30

Oh this is going to be goodo_O
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

So just a month and change later we all forget the great Glitchening of 2019??? o_O You really think this came from nowhere???
    • Like x 8
  3. BumblingB I got better.

Usually when this happens, it has to do with the platforms and money. It's the reason why you can't unlock someone across platforms.

I do find it funny though, that this can't be done.
  4. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Well I have Not forgotten and I can see Why this would be a step However...
    Its NOT going to stop any future Glitching
  5. Proxystar #Perception

Well this could quite royally screw over the PC community, a shared economy without shared resources. Quite frankly it's just atrocious, shameful.
    • Like x 13
  6. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Rich PC players about to control the PC market like players have never seen. lol.
    • Like x 10
  7. Belthazur Dedicated Player

So Again i Ask..Why Bother Having a Merged Server
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Not that there will be much of a PC market to control lol
    • Like x 5
  9. Proxystar #Perception

Im picking this nonsense is driven by Sony...

Sony get a cut from PS players buying cash, if PS players can buy off PC players then Sony get no cut from that player.

Forcing them to buy only from a PS players forces someone along the line to have paid Sony and therefore given them their cut.

So realistically to me this decision appears to be Daybreak protecting the revenue stream of a critical partner they can't be without.
    • Like x 2
  10. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

If it is you would think we'll hear about it from a green name so it cleans their hands of the issue. If no reason is given then the Sony angle is less likely imo
  11. Proxystar #Perception

Not necessarily, they're not likely to blame a critical business partner for something that is easily a very negative change for the players.

I was just trying to find reason in madness.

If PC growth was the goal, this will more likely have the opposite effect.
  12. Darth_Andrea Well-Known Player

Watched the Vod .. not a single thing in it I want for any of my characters. I don't know who's idea this was, but it's a waste of coding space. The armor looks terrible, the chroma is hard to look at (eye strain will be a problem) and I'm sorry putting just 2 parts of the Hawk and Dove costumes in as collections, that's a insulting move .. especially given that Dove mask is based off of the Titan's Tv series which needs a new costume designer. They look like sunglasses from a extremely cheap B movie level Sci-Fi flick. Even if they were proper design with out the rest of the costume for both your bits as far as I'm concerned it's a pointless endeavor. And that stupid orbital strike wasn't funny it was extremely disappointing. Might as well have the character shooting spitballs at the enemies. Seems to have done about the same amount of damage. This TC is a joke and a insulting one at that.

I won't be bothering with this one and I'll quite honestly be surprised if anyone else bothers with it either. If you want to do a BoP TC do one properly, full Costumes for Black Canary, Cassandra Cain Batgirl, Huntress, Harley or Catwoman. Full costumes not just pieces. A Orbital Strike for them should be like the Dawnbreaker one, the BoP logo on the ground with a devastating blast with a Digital Pattern beam. That I would blow money on, this, not in 100 years. And as for collections they should be for only base items, the Oracle Computer, Barbra's tricked out Wheelchair, things of that nature. Not scraps of costumes you couldn't be bothered to put in the game completely as playable.

I know DC/WB have a lot of say in what does and does not go in this game. However if these were the only ideas the team could come up with, then perhaps the team should ask DC/WB to put together a round table of writers and artists from DC to do this job for you.
    • Like x 9
  13. Solarbound Committed Player

Sounds like a plot to force more purchases of stabilizers to open those Time Capsules. Nope, won't fool me with that:rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  14. Solarbound Committed Player

15. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I had been wondering about this. Saw some guy on this forum claiming he had banked over 400 stabilizers this way.

Maybe they should eliminate the stabilizer idea. Make open time caps a straight marketplace buy only, and grant the daily fragments instead as an equivalent amount DB cash to each tier every month (free, premium, membership).
    • Like x 1
  16. Dianatique Well-Known Player

So no Poison Ivy stuff?...
    disappointing :(
  17. IonHero Committed Player

and to top it all off, collecting a Harlequin Chroma material is a 25 feat.
    • Like x 1
  18. Ascended Well-Known Player

Well, the Oracle style isn't anything I'm gonna use myself, but it definitely does what it sets out to do. It's well designed, even if it's not for me. I resent that the styles with the most polish and extra gleam now seem to be in TC's instead of content. I mean, look at the new Hawkman style compared to this; even the regular version of the Oracle set is glow-y! I like that the enhanced version is reactive, I think this is the first time a whole set has had that. But again, why aren't the content styles getting the same depth of work?

Emblems are fine. Gonna see if I can get my hands on the Manhunter one for a specific alt. But nothing I straight up need here. Like the enhanced Oracle, that's fun. Not gonna want it, but it's fun.

Love the hammer orbital strike. Okay, I'll open 15 for that (doing the daily; won't spend real money on this).

Chroma is cool. I got a Harley style toon. But what's the drop rate? Because if it's like the neon chroma you can just forget it, I don't even want the thing.

With Oracle getting the costume in this, I am really hoping the BoP episode has a Black Canary style. I fear they're gonna do Harley or Batgirl, but we need a Canary style already.
  19. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

I saw that.

Not sure im understanding your idea though.
  20. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

My thought exactly. :)