Star Wars, The Thread

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Ankh_Legacy, Mar 3, 2018.

1. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

I think they've been waiting for this show
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

So a local reporter inadvertently helped Mark Hamill cause a bit of a stir.

https://www.wzzm13.com/article/feat...cable/69-2a4571f7-9b00-411f-9ace-cdce0278aba8

The reporter is (last I knew) a member of the 501st group, but he also connected with Hamill for Make-A-Wish and the two have kept in contact through Twitter. Brent Ashcroft (the reporter) posted to Hamill on Twitter a screenshot of the 32 tickets he had bought for Rise of Skywalker with a comment that it "Better be good" because of the cost for so many tickets.

Hamill's response?

"Or you could wait til it comes to cable."

:D

Rest of the details are in the article.
    • Like x 2
  3. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

I love Mark, I really do. But he's unintentionally contributed to a lot of toxicity within the fandom. I'm not saying he shouldn't express his opinions, but he could wait after TROS releases. We already know he doesn't like the sequels.:(

He did apologize for it though. https://twitter.com/HamillHimself/status/1195080163781799936

But he calls all the people who are going to skip TROS not self-respecting. Now anti-sequel fans are triggered. Sometimes this fandom makes me want to just

[IMG]
  4. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/a...sney-future-1256357?__twitter_impression=true

Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, and Michelle Rejwan are set to spearhead the SW franchise into the future. That means more movies and shows are going to be led by them.

This is great, considering Jon Favreau is showrunner for the Mandalorian, and Dave Filoni was showrunner for the Clone Wars series. Plus, Michelle Rejwan is currently the VP of Lucasfilm. I'm happy to see Star Wars in good hands.

No news yet for who is going to direct the 2022 film, which is still going ahead as planned. No news on Rian Johnson's involvement either.
  5. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Ok, so it's bad forum etiquette to quote yourself, I know.

But I got mine today! :D Wedge is part of my Black Series collection now. I even snagged a Cara Dune figure from the same assortment (dunno if she's a character I'll like all that much, but she looks cool LOL).
    • Like x 1
  6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

And speaking of merchandise, even though it was held back to prevent any spoilers for The Mandalorian there is going to be merchandise of that surprise character hitting stores in time for the holiday rush.

And no I'm not saying which character or posting links because you never know if someone hasn't heard of that character yet (even with all the coverage on the first couple of episodes LOL).
  7. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Just watched the Rise of Skywalker. And it was beautiful. From what I've seen, critics don't like it, but the general fanbase likes it.

SPOILER-FREE:

Positives: A great plot. Lots of action. Great acting and cinematography. But most importantly, JJ Abrams did a wonderful job of handling the characters. A lot of people didn't like the sequel trilogy characters but they became quite fleshed out in this movie. Rey has a fantastic story. The humor is good too. Chewie and C3PO have many scenes in the movie, which is also nice to see. Also, there were many callbacks to the past films, particularly to the OT. However, they kept the story very original. I was a nostalgic mess after the film ended. There's also wonderful surprise cameo in this movie. Overall, this is, in my opinion, the best sequel trilogy movie and one of the best, if not the best, Star Wars film ever made.

Negatives: The films is very fast-paced, but not rushed. It's quite action packed. I do wish the film was longer. Even a half-hour more would've been great. Also, Rose Tico. Not her inclusion, but her exclusion. I had no issue with her in TLJ, but many people did. And obviously, this had an effect in the film, cause Rose is featured very little in this film. To some, this may be a positive. But this is a negative cause that means JJ and Disney gave into the criticism of Kelly Marie Tran and thus gave her a limited role. I can't think of any other negatives at the moment but I'm sure some people will.

[IMG]
  8. FoolsFire Devoted Player

^^^^ And in 400 years an intergalactic Nathan Drake will search for...
  9. Dmitri Active Player

Screw all that
    I like General Grievous in SW das all XD
  10. FoolsFire Devoted Player

You just wanted this scene to last forever.
  11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Gonna be a looooong wait till fall of next year for the next season of The Mandalorian. :confused:
    • Like x 1
  12. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

i hate star wars since disney are the owners .i have read all the old canon comics ,and i have read 50 novels ,i played all the games ,i even i watched all the cartoons even the tv special movies but whem disney bought it and descanoniced everything and screw up everything and remplaced with **** i ended up hating star wars disney
  13. Miss Adora Loyal Player

tr

Biggest tragedy of Star Wars, you got a company who bought it for a cash cow. Put in place people don't even care or loved Star Wars, then just **** all over the Original trilogy and any book that was written for a political statement. Even worse, they talk **** about the fans like we are obligated to go watch the movies. They forgot that they create a product, if it s*cks, it's on them, not the fans.
    • Like x 1
  14. Walvine Well-Known Player

Spoiler after so many years people have thought George Lucas didn't choose a race for yoga but on several ocassions in behind the scene footage he has let slip what yoda really is as fare back as the original films to modern day interviews ,George really has confirmed it multiple times and you will face palming you self for never realising it , So with out a doubt the race of yoga and baby yoga are officially know as ...
    M
    U
    P
    P
    E
    T
    S
  15. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

I have read the new cannon comics are so disapointed for me i don't want to offend anyone .they leave severals things inconcluse in the old cannon for Disney amoung Them the fate of han solo's granddaughter whose father jacen solo had severals visións her been Next to a Throne with a Lot of Sith lords
  16. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

When will people ever get it clear that Disney did nothing to the canon except make it completely official.

As stated many times by George Lucas, only the movies and then the Clone Wars series were actually canon. Everything else fell more under something like licensed fan fiction. George never did what Disney did for a few reasons, for one the money. Letting people come and play in his sandbox (for a fee) kept SW alive which kept the money rolling in.

There is also the thing that this notion of a canon that crosses mediums is a new concept, George (or anyone) would never have considered such a concept. So of course it took George to long to notice the mess he was creating, not to mention his notoriously not caring what others think of his property and doing whatever he wanted with it.
    • Like x 1
  17. FoolsFire Devoted Player

^^^ This. And there was a set of rules you couldn't break if you did do these stories. For instance, anything to do with Wookies was out of bounds for awhile. Supposedly they were going to become the next Jedi Masters. And the hint of this was in the first movie. It's the reason Chewy didn't get a medal. Or should I say, turned down getting the medal. Because true Jedis don't accept such things.

And before you say anything, the reason you didn't see Chewy do any mind tricks was because his species were forbidden from doing so. In their culture (again this is supposed old canon) mental abilities were frowned upon. Sort of like Klingons looking down on Vulcans.

Him turning down the medal was going to be addressed in a way that would have Chewie alienated from his people. They suddenly realize he must be one of 'them'. Meaning, Wookies who chose to raise their Force awareness rather than concentrate on their physical presence.

Oh, and let's not forget this...

[IMG]

This was a card design as a promo card for the Topps collectible card set. Lucas says he nixed it because he wanted to keep Yoda's people a secret. But insiders said it was in fact the religious aspect. The director/studio already was getting a lot of hate male from conservative religious groups who didn't like the idea of someone creating another religion. (Of course, they were okay with this 2000 years ago.)
    • Like x 1
  18. willflynne 10000 Post Club

That's the thing, though. George Lucas took his story and shared it with us, but it was still his story. It was his property, and he could do whatever he wanted with it.

Now Disney, for good or ill, is in that position. But I find it rather funny that many of the same criticisms and complaints that were heaped on Lucas from the time of the Special Edition releases to the end of the prequels are getting dumped on Disney. At the very least it makes it a little tough for me to take those sentiments all that seriously these days.
    • Like x 1
  19. BSEison Well-Known Player

What if Macho Man Randy Savage was in Star Wars? :D

20. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

In the old canon Luke leía AND han still Alive intead of been dead in the Disney **** in the old cannon only cheque AND ackbar are dearh.george didn't directed the pequels