Economy Actions Taken Today

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Dec 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Proxystar #Perception

Why do you need the information, to what end?
    • Like x 2
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Will you stop.. no one except for you wants that. They don’t have to do anything.
  3. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

4. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

What will they do? Do you think they'll want to make more $ the non-legit way? Well I hope so cause EL NUMERO UNO TROLL is right here, ready to report (poor GM's, heya guys <3 ya but get ready for tickets!). So let them keep 22bil per character on all 16 slots, they won't be easily making money via non-TOS methods ANYMORE. Fight fire with fire.
  5. Darth_Andrea Well-Known Player

Their the Developer and they control how the game economy works and what if any limits exist to players ability to gain and hold cash and in what amounts.
  6. FoolsFire Devoted Player

This way we can all see how many uber-rich there actually are. if there are still 10 people with 22B that says something. If there are 100 that says something quite different.

It has to do with transparency.
  7. Proxystar #Perception

You don't need to know that information. The developers have said what they've done, they've outlined they're going to monitor the situation, that is all you need to know.
    • Like x 1
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Gold sellers and people who jack up prices did not cause the problem, although they did help it spread by distributing the counterfeit money. While annoying and breaking the TOC, the gold sellers are not 'making' the gold (except if they learned how to make this recent exploit). The game is a closed system. If there were 1 billion dollars in the game, no one...no matter how greedy or how many times they spam chat...could sell 1 billion+ 1 dollar for any amount. What we had was someone decided to pump in the fake cash. Yes, cash is created daily by running missions and selling items to the vendor, but it's also spent by repair, broker fees and buying things from the vendor. If left to a reasonable natural growth rate, inflation is kept in check by the fact there is not enough cash to continuously keep driving the money up. Even if the most ruthless of the price gougers had unlimited items to sell, eventually he'd have all the money in game...so at that point he couldn't keep gouging money. If the gold sellers keep selling their wares, eventually the supply runs out or at a minimum, levels off. We had an issue of unlimited supply, which hopefully has been address. And yeah, it could happen again, it happened 6 years ago or so...so what, in the meantime most users had the capability to trade and gather cash from normal commerce in order to get things they wanted...it's part of the game.

Oh, and I use extra crunchy peanut butter....your plastic knife would break after one use or so...I'll stick with metal. Also...plastic...the turtles? Guess you want to get rid of turtles too? Can't we have anything nice? Also, a plastic knife can be heated up and melted into a shiv....so it can still make with the stabby stabby stuff. Problem not solved, just migrated to a different issue.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  9. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

Agreed, and players should be extremely thankful that the devs have and are carefully considering all options available to them going forward to continue to fix the game economy. As Mepps pointed out, many players were not affected by this one-time "tax" and judging from this thread so far, those that were are few and far between.

There is less than two weeks until the year turns over to the new one ( In the US), so it is wise that the devs push back any other economy changes until then.

So... thank you dev team for what you have done so far to fix this economy. I think this part of the solution is fair across the board.
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

That was a better explanation...I still don't agree with it, but as I said, to put up your previous ideas 1 and 2 without a 3rd about fixing the drop rate (or eliminating it as you pitch) was a minimum. You've done that here...kudos. I think the fact that anything could be completed with a set number of runs would decimate the replay and stabilizer market....which would be great for us, but not to much for DBG. Sure some would still choose those avenues cause they want it 'noooooow', but most would not maybe resetting a few times for some extra marks or to finish off a gear set. Many replays/stabilizers are used because there is an RNG factor in drops...not saying I subscribe to it, but some do. Look at the posts where people talk about spending 100's of dollars on stabilizers or running X content 100+ times for some OP collection drop. Personally I think they are nuts, but it's their right to be nuts and in those cases DBG wins big. You are asking them to drop that income....it won't happen...or at least it won't happen without something to replace it. Imagine 100+ item collections or gear that requires 40+ ingots or whatever to level up. Cause that's what would happen so that the replay/stabilizer sales stay up, only now it would be directed at every player who wants to complete things...not just those foolish to buy into RNG luck as it is today.

Reinheld
  11. August Moon Well-Known Player

their prices fluctuate. they only did so because they lost their money . but if they end up opening their doors to where people can sell to them those prices will be reduced again just like the beginning of this year
  12. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Oh, I fully expect that... I just think we will have at least a month where they won’t be advertising too heavily. :)
  13. Regina Robin New Player

I agree it won't happen, and you're quite right, it would most likely negatively impact the income generated by the game. As I stated previously, it is anything but an 'ideal' solution. The way I see it (and this may be over simplistic), is that as long as ingame cash can change hands, 3rd party sites will continue to haunt our game and pollute our chats. As well, the 'haves' will continue to manipulate (and utterly control) the games economy, making it virtually impossible for the 'have nots' to acquire anything of any value.
    I have quite literally seen a person purchase every single item in a particular collection, JUST so they could re-list them at ridiculous prices, as the only supplier.

I think we can both agree, that kind of behaviour has to be stopped, one way or another.
  14. Delsin Rowe Level 30

Not fair to me at all. I personally had nothing to do with any exploit and every dollar in my bank was earned the hard way and legitimately. I shouldn't have lost anything. Not to mention I haven't bought anything in several months so I don't see how any of that fake cash was even in my account.
  15. Regina Robin New Player

I disagree. I don't see it as destroying anything. I see it as making necessary, albeit painful, repairs to something that simply is not working.
  16. Regina Robin New Player

Anologies are not my forte... obviously.
    The point I was trying to make, was if you truly want to solve the problem, be prepared to do what's necessary to ensure that happens. Anything else, is just a sugar coating and a waste of time.
    Cheaters have demonstrated, amply I might add, the lengths they will go to exploit to gain an unfair advantage. To me, it only makes sense that the solution might very well have to go to the same lengths.
  17. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

Well air is transparent but we all know it exist. I get your meaning but no need to disclose the information. I'm rich but I don't care to share how rich nor do most, our armories and the styles on them speak for us.
  18. FoolsFire Devoted Player

I'm not saying list each individual account! I'm saying the overall number of people in each category. No one will know if you fit in a certain category unless you tell them.
  19. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Could the economy discussion in 2020 include Mission Revenue?

Seriously, even at end-game doing missions or dailies doesn't reward much at all to really grow your funds outside of the broker.
  20. Aerith Rose Committed Player

So we took away money and “patched” the flood with a “tax”.

When are we going to fix the root of the problem? Insanely low drop rates from time capsules and OP collections is what drove this madness in the first place. This is what needs fixing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.