Economy Actions Taken Today

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Dec 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

No, 22 bil per account, not per character. The tax is based on total money on an account.
    • Like x 2
  2. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

First, I just noticed and I am so sorry I didn't mean to type "ignorant" and certainly didn't mean to call you that. I can't edit it or I would do it immediately

This has been going on long before the last few weeks. The prices around a year to a year and a half ago weren't quite that high but they were close and they were making money hand over fist at those prices. Also now that they have zero competition they can set the market again at whatever they want and people will pay unfortunately
    • Like x 1
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It is per account.

There are no trillionaires. Remember not to believe everything you hear.
    • Like x 6
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Keeping "billions" does not mean keeping "billions of cheated money." This has mostly reset the economy back several months before this exploit.

Nearly all of the duped money has been removed with this action. Only a handful of players had over 25 billion to start with.
    • Like x 5
  5. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Then I don't understand why they didn't just lump all the cash together across the account then take the "tax". They must have their reasons for doing it like they did. It just seems like they over complicated it.

Edit: I guess re writing bank codes could be just as, if not more, complicated lol
  6. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

thank you
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It would be very complicated to locate every place cash exists, and then choose where, on which character, to deposit the lump total. Instead, every place where cash exists, on every character, was reduced by the same appropriate tax % - ultimately totaling in the intended amount of cash removed.
  8. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Is there any cash cap on the broker though? I'm still downloading the patches since I haven't played in a long time.

Seeing devs take action is exciting though.
  9. Regina Robin New Player

Nope, I'd suggest all knives be plastic. A simple fix that ensures the tool is used in the fashion(s) it was intended. Ergo, make all the sandwiches you want, and no one gets stabbed. Simple, and it fixes the problem.
    But as long as you insist on avenues of exploit being readily available, you shouldn't be surprised (or complain) when those very same avenues are indeed exploited and we all pay the price.
    So yes, by all means, insist on metal knives. But understand, by doing so, you give up the right to cry when it's you that gets stabbed.
    • Like x 1
  10. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

I wouldn't say that. There are still people with multiple 22mill accounts that will eventually start slowly funnelling money back into other accounts now that this one time "tax" is done. Might not happen immediately because there is still a threat of more action. But once that threat subsides and they start getting comfortable again we have to be more vigilant about reporting and devs have to be more heavy handed with the consequences.

Like we've been talking about the last few weeks, the extra money in the economy wasn't the complete problem. It was the bag of stones that broke the camels back. Having an uneven proportion of the money all in a few people's banks is also a problem and that wasn't even close to solved with this "tax". A lot of these people found their tax havens lol. So not only do they have the most money still, albeit less than they did a week ago, they now have even more of the rare items, collections, nth caches etc to sell and further the gap of money they will control in game. The whole economy still needs a complete reset and overhaul imo.

But this is a good start to get the game rolling again over the hollidays and hopefully they really aren't done and it is addressed sooner than 2021. But I also realize they are running on limited resources so time spent doing this would take time away from actual content design so it's gotta be a tough situation for the devs too
    • Like x 1
  11. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Yeah I edited my post. I was thinking more of just adding up all the Alts on a single account and making that money cross account like quarks or stabilizers
  12. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Yes, they'll be funneled to Bruce Wayne to help fund the Bat Family's war on Gotham's crime! ;)
  13. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Bet you a million dollars it won't be used to refurbish a rundown theater. ;D
    • Like x 1
  14. Rabid Rooster New Player

Well Unfortunately some of us will be affected in several ways, example: The exploit made it hard for me to get things I desired in game. I was then forced to sell several auras that I was keeping to use, and if need be sell one or two if I need cash. So now through no fault of my own. I still do not have the Items I was seeking, I no longer have the auras that I used to try to get the money I needed to but these inflated items, I am out the percentage that I was taxed, Oh and wait there was the Money I physically spent to buy what I needed from the daybreak store to open all those Capsules. So Daybreak got my monetary support, and I lost on several different levels. Do I have answer to this problem? Unfortunately no. But this exploit not only cost me in game currency, but real world cash as well. Because I chose to honor the EULA, And did not buy cash from the influence vendors that plaque chat. That is what is frustrating. I got penalized at several levels for doing the right thing. Very aggravating, disheartening on so many levels
  15. Isif Committed Player

So who is going to buy at that rate? Since the minority has less than that, essentially you would be paying listing fees to lose money. The Mepps(Dev) think tank, is probably not unaware or unintelligent. And in addition...Big Brother is watching and so is Task Force X, who consists of your peers.;)
    Need that new "Glitch Snitch" tag.
  16. Proxystar #Perception

17. FoolsFire Devoted Player

My point was there privacy isn't a concern. I'm only asking for a chart showing how many people fit into each category. Not their names or any other information. This should be like any other census data.
  18. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

It goes without saying that getting rid of the broker and the ability to trade would remove all economic problems from the game, but this is truly a "we had to destroy the village in order to save it" level of "solution." "Remove the economy" is beyond drastic.
  19. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Y'know, this is not actually the way things work most places. In most countries and locales, metal knives up to a certain length are entirely legal, and yet stabbing people with them is not at all legal. People retain their "right to cry," without controversy, when stabbed by someone wielding a legal metal knife.

This analogy doesn't seem to do what you want it to do.
  20. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

Last time I checked all the items in the game as well as any character names, league names and everything down to the last pixel and line of code belongs to Daybreak and we are "licensed" to play the game and use items/currency in the game per the TOS.

The devs can do what they want and be thankful it is what it is at the moment.
    Honestly, I thought more would be done, but that is the devs choice right now.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.