Trailblazing Guide to Fire

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Soulburn32, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

Ok then this may be why our parses were far apart on that loadout. I'll retest tonight. Always looking for ways to improve. Look forward to playing with you when the next dlc drops.
    • Like x 1
  2. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

It looks like our single target got a nice boost with the heat vision artifact. I'm excited to get it to 160 and see what it does for aoe.
  3. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

I logged on today and put a few hours of grinding in after buying some TC' s. I got the Solar Amplifier up to rank 80 in about 4 or 5 hours. I did some testing. The 10% boost is nice...not OP or anything but did add a little I had parses between 16.5k and 17.5k regularly, had highs in the upper 18's. It is nice, can't wait to rank it up more and see what the explosions add damage wise.
  4. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

Yeah man I consumed an old precision artifact into mine and got mine to 100. Going to be grinding hard to get it to 160 and see what it can do. The 10% buff was nice.
    • Like x 1
  5. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

So meteor hasn't been very reliable for me in actual content. Seems more like the testing dummy mvp. I am having a lot of luck with flashpoint though. It hits harder than wildfire. I keep wildfire though subbed for cascade. So the rotation I'm running right now is fire burst-flashpoint-inferno-mass det-flashpoint repeat. Flash point-wildfire when things are too low to get a cast off. If the adds survived your flashpoint-wildfire you messed up and should have fireburst.

This parsing much higher than I was but its closer to melee range than it is mid range so use with care.
  6. L T Devoted Player

Yeah I've found both this ability and the Ice counterpart are extremely difficult to use in actual combat. Even in the seasonal Aquaman/Ocean Master seem great at disrupting you before you can throw it-- and that's the easiest of content.

One place it works great is open world Doomsday. Probably the raid also, but I haven't tried them in there.
  7. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

In my experience even in the dd raid its just not the best way to go. Between teammates/robot sidekicks/turrets/backups and healing/tank pets theres just too great a chance that move gets rendered useless to have a spot on my bar. And if you are double jumping just to throw it then its not really a dps gain.

Also just to edit my previous post wildfire subbed for cascade is just too power hungry. I still run flashpoint when I can melee though
    • Like x 1
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Hey guys is this where I go to find out about fire tanking? :D
  9. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

• Like x 1
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

11. BrandonB Well-Known Player

I really like Flashpoint in duos and alerts. Leading in with Flashpoint clipped with Stoke Flames has been really effective for me.
  12. stärnbock Devoted Player

help me please: with the next DLC, augments are replacing mods and they are realy awesome on test.
    the thing is: for tanks, there is only one kind of augments recommended for thanks, the dominating one...
    however: i can't shake the feeling that restoration would be the better option for fire tanking... somehow.
    now, in the generator, i have placed health and restoration into all sockets and health for the elite mods.
    guess it has proven that i can do well like this as a tank, holding myself up rather easy most of the time.
    with the augments, i am still not realy convinced if i should change all resto for dominance or just stay...
    on test server, there are not enough people online to realy get to know it by testing raids for myselve...
    anybody can tell me exactly if there is a huge backlash, when going for restoration except for the dom?
  13. L T Devoted Player

Dom Augments have been changed in the latest test build so that they give more Health than the Restoration ones do. Dom will be the way to go for Fire tanks unless something changes again.
    • Like x 1
  14. stärnbock Devoted Player

thanks for the info ^^ it is just that the amount of health we get now, is only 123 more than with the other origin.
    123 seems like nothing, when looking at a pool of health a fire tank has to have for being a damage sponge...
    well, i guess i will go for dominance anyways, because it is possible a tank artifact comes out, working wih dom.
    • Like x 1
  15. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Like you say below, 500 health difference isn't going to change much of anything. Even in tank role, it's only 1,000 health. That's not going to save you from anything, lol. So, go with the augments your build is suited for.
  16. Wet fluffy Well-Known Player

Don’t forget Fire’s 50% innate health buff when considering your numbers for speccing. I appreciate the proposed augment amount of health might seem small but in my opinion it’s all about trying make everything count.
  17. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Ok, so Ive been working on my Fire toon lately. Hes a 235 with a little over 300sp. I tried going Weapons Expert, and enjoyed it for a few days, but did some later testing and decided I wanted that toon to be Superpowered.

So I parsed for awhile in my league hall, on 3 targets.

I was getting parses of between 18k-22k in 10 and 30 second parses. I enjoy Fire, but I want to learn more about it.

(Im an Ice expert, not fire lol)

So I have a few questions and you guys are my go to for Fire.

My loadout right now is:

Single Target:

Inferno
    Spontaneous Combustion
    Mass Dett
    Volcanic Calamity
    Flashpoint or Wildfire depending on situation (duo, alert, raid)
    Absorb Heat

Rotation: Inferno>SC>Mass Dett>Flashpoint or WF>Absorb Heat>Mass Dett>WF or Flashpoint>Absorb Heat, Repeat

Add Heavy:

Inferno
    Spontaneous Combustion
    Fireburst
    Wildfire
    Volcanic Calamity
    Mass Dett

Rotation:

Inferno>Spontaneous Combustion>Mass Dett>Wildfire>Fireburst>Spontaneous Combustion>Mass Dett>Wilfire, Repeat

The Single Target is actually pretty power efficient because of Absorb Heats cast time

The Add Heavy loaodut can get pretty power hungry if you dont have a good troll.

So, is there any improvement I could make to both loaoduts?

How is Heat Vision? (With the Solar Amplifier, should I get it)

What artifacts are you guys using? I dont plan to use Scrap of the Soul Cloak or Tetrahedron of Urgrund. I want self buffs, not group buffs. So I was thinking either Solar Amplifier or Omegahedron for the add heavy loadout. I only plan to use one Artifact for dps as I have 2 armories on this toon. I want to tank as well. So what artifact do you use for tanking? I dont plan to use Lazaruz Pit Water because Ice uses that and I want all my toons to be unique. (Im picky I know lol)

Also, with Augments coming, how would I spec my sp/gen mods/augments for Tanking?

Thanks guys!

-Also, join the Cold side
    We're alot cooler :p
  18. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Fire is strong dps wise, but it comes with some backlash. Its very back end loaded, the heavy hitting abilities are some of the longer casts. Being an experienced Ice player you should be fairing well so far. In my experience with Fire is its very versatile. Varant made a close range melee type build, and I mostly stay mid to close range with my multi LO. If you scroll through the thread you can see his LO. Here are my go to LO's.

Single Target.
    1st (my go to)
    Meteor Strike, Mass Det, Wildfire, Heat Vision, Absorb Heat, and NVB (SC). I use the 1st superpowered Artifact (rank 100) and Solar Amplifier (rank 90). I sit around 27k might with no buffs. I parse around 11k to 14k on ST. It performs much better in content.
    Rotation...
    MS>MD>WF>HV>AH>MD>WF>HV>AH (repeat). If I have my NVB ready to go, I dont even drop MS till after I use it. HV applies Burn PI so no need to drop it imo. I just use to build up SCor maybe throw in to add some DOT.
    My 2nd (highest parsing) ST LO
    Meteor (thrown)>Overheat>WildFire>Spon Comb>HV>WildFire>AH>WildFire>Spon Comb>AH (repeat). Parses in the 14k to 19k region. Its a bit of a learning curve with this one, but once you master the rotation and get used to consistently land Meteor when thrown, it can outperform my 1st. It does not use a SC. Its just consistent high damage. Your movement mode will determine your sucess. I'm flight so I hover above and use this. If you're unable to hover you have to jump then throw. Same artifacts.

Multi LO/Rotation
    Fireburst>Inferno>Mass Det>WildFire>Flame Cascade>Fireburt>Mass Det>WildFire>Flame Cascade (repeat) When parsing I skip the 2nd Mass Det and go to Wildfire (it just parses higher without the 2nd long cast) I use Fireball Barrage as my SC. When using this SC you're best to just lunge the adds and hit it at mid to close range, if too far out you will miss some. My parsing (10 sec) on 3 targets stays in the 26k to 29k region (sometimes hitting 30k). I use same artifacts (maybe switching out Solar amplifier for scrap of soul cloak) I prefer the SA artifact because it adds more might. The trick in content is to not lag behind other DPS's and hit adds while rushing in with Fireburst, even without the PI it hits very hard. (Hardest hitting ability Fire has). I have other LO's and Precision Builds too. Fire can BattleTank and do good damage in the right hands. If you have questions ask away here, or find me in game on any of my toons. Chances are if the name starts with Khaos, its me. My 4 main toons are in my signature. I'm more likely to be on an alt till new DLC drops. Happy Gaming.

I'm a CR 240 with 271sp atm. I'm a decent Fire Tank...but prolly not the best to give advice. I enjoy Fire DPS more than any other powersets. Its my strong suit.

My video in my signature is a bit outdated for Multi and for what I use currently but that LO is still viable. The one I gave you is my bread and butter. I have a new video showing my new LO's and parsing numbers, I've just yet to finish editing and putting it up on YouTube. I have people requesting it, so I'm working on finishing it this week.
    • Like x 1
  19. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

I've done a lot of testing recently on single target and I like what I have. Both heat vision and absorb heat parse higher than mass det if you do an after combat parser and you cant use a mass det in between without one sitting off cool down. Spontaneous combustion and overheat both parse higher than wildfire after every tick goes off. So the rotation I'm using atm for single target is HV-SC-AH-OH repeat. Robot side kick and fireball barrage bc personally I hate NV though I know others like it. I've only got about 25k might and this gets me consistent 12.5ks every 10s. The thing I love about it is that you dont get up and down parses. Its not going to get you 14 then 9 then 13 then 8. Just 12.5-12.5-11.9-13.2 everytime.

As far as aoe goes you always want to start by precasting fireburst. Especially in raid content. As you are running up to the adds have that precast going and start your rotation there. My LO for aoe is fireburst-inferno-mass det-flash point-flame cascade-fireball barrage. I see 22-24k with this at 25k might.

The thing about fires single target is HV can only be jump canceled and AH can only be block canceled when target locked. Both are long animations that can get you killed if you dont have that down pat. So its kind dangerous and from what I can tell so far weapons expert single target is the better way to go from a damage out perspective. When augments drop my long term plan will be to go might for aoe and precision for single target.

You need the solar amp artifact. At 120 its giving you over 1k might to your base stats with 4% might at makes HV great with that little burst at the end and extra 10% dmg.
    • Like x 1
  20. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

Khaos single target with meteor is great but from my personal experience I would only recommend if flight. If flight you can position your self to hit everytime with meteor but if you are trying to jump throw its just too iffy. And if jump throw isnt going to work in a particular instance then your damage takes a huge hit. If flight I'd highly recommend that loadout. If not, from my experience, meteor is going to frustrate you.

Theres too many instances that have a designated safe zone to stand and if your teammates crowd you theres little to no hope of landing it. Even with the jump throw if your tank has pets or theres a bunch of melee dps it just gets rendered useless. How ever its our single most damaging move when it lands so if you are flight and can hover above everything its beautiful