Trailblazing Guide to Fire

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Soulburn32, Feb 16, 2013.

1. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

I don't disagree at all. Its iffy, flight is best, but I do know a couple of people that have mastwred it not using flight. One thing I will disagree on it Meteor being the hardest hitting ability. Fireburst is 1st. Mass Det is back and forth with Meteor thrown battle for second. Mass Det is hits harder when it crits. Fireburst and Mass Det are more consistent hitting. Mass Set has a weird range it hits at. From 12k to 14k normal all the way up to 30k crits, and 50 to 60k crits when buffed.
  2. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

What is your Fire toons name? Been looking for you to pop up with a tell, telling me you're on. Nothing yet. I will add you and see you in game so we can chat and compare notes.
  3. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

Yeah I guess I misspoke. Meteor is the hardest hitting aoe move if it hits all the targets. If you hit the 3 dummies with meteor throw it parses higher than fb or md. My fire toons name is primary burn. Only reason I hadn't hit you up is because I made a questionable decision recently and kinda nerfed myself. I absorbed my hv artifact into my Neo venom wrist artifact. I planned on trying full precision out. So now I have a 120 wrist despenser and am leveling my hv artifact from scratch... Face palm.. Eventually ill have my precision and might augments maxed and run single target precision and aoe might.

Currently though I'm nerfed by 1000 might and its got me not wanting to run with anyone bc I'm weaker than usual lol. I'm just a little dramatic I guess haha. Precision single target fire looks like a beast from my testing so far.
  4. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Gotcha. Primary Burn. I have messed around with precision for ST. I havent quite found the perfect LO to match or exceed my current parses. I have my Venom Wrist Dispensor to 85 atm. The DW Flurry WM is hitting pretty decent, I just have to get the right DOTs on my loadout to do optimal damage. RSK might be a choice I havent tried yet. Work in progress.
    • Like x 1
  5. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

Currently I have the venom wrist despenser to 119, just waiting on some catalysts. With all might equipment and generator mods I'm able to hit 11.5-12.5 consistently so I feel like with the leveled precision augments and a 120 wrist dispenser it will out perform my might build. I'm acrobatics and use zip tie attack. Its hits a single target for as much as wildfire hits a burning target. So I go flurry-inferno/fiery weapon-flurry-zip tie attack-flurry-wildfire-flurry-zip tie-flurry and then I think its time to reset inferno and weapon buff. You can sun zip tie for fireball for a slight dmg loss. overheat/fireball is a decejt combo too.
  6. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Ok I see now. Disregard my post in the other thread. Thanks
  7. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

After I do my dailies on my main, Im gonna hop on my Fire toon and maybe we can run together
    • Like x 1
  8. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Word. HMU
  9. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

So I am having Trouble hitting the 20k parses. The Max i can do is possible 18k does that shound about right?

Might is at 21k when specd for pfft and precision is at 11k when specced for weapon.

My stats would be unmodded and 235. Would that be the problem?
  10. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

It doesnt seem you are having any problems. 18k sounds about right for 21k might. If you bump your might up to 25k-26k, youll start to see those numbers rise
    • Like x 1
  11. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Alright thanks for the feedback.
  12. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

Yeah 18k is just fine for 21k might
  13. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Becasue since switching to fire from earth i've been getting smoked by Gadgets and Munitions in particular. I'm not necessarily trying top the board but I like to stay within a million of the top.

Sometimes I'd be number 2 but then the number is 3 or mill ahead.

My face:

[IMG]
  14. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

What's your LO and rotation maybe I can help.
  15. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

My loadout is Fireburst inferno Mass Detonation Fiery weapon wildfire and fireball barrage :

Basically i Do InfernoXXFW > FB> WF> FBBx2 > repeat until inferno and FW are off cool and through that back in.
  16. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

When you say fireball barragex2 do you mean flame cascade? Fireball barrage is our supercharge.

Fiery weapon empowers our weapon attacks and if sounds like you have a strictly play from the tray style so I wouldnt use that personally.

The LO I'm running for aoe right now is inferno, fire burst, mass det, flash point, wildfire, flame cascade. I dont run a super in my actual LO but I'll sub it in during cutscenes or save a super to an armory pre instance if I know what instance I'm about to do and when I'm gonna want to use one. I'll use the super and then switch armories immediately after to the LO I just shared.

The rotation I use is fireburst-inferno-mass det-flashpoint-fireburst-mass det-flashpoint-wildfire repeat. Flame cascade is there for moments when wildfire and flashpoint are on cooldown and everything is too low health for me to get a cast time move off. I parse between 24k and 27k with 25k might with this LO and have been having tons of success in live content with it. You're going to want to "precast" fireburst. You start the cast as you are running up to the mobs. You gain a 10% damage increase by casting inferno first but most here agree its best to having fireburst casting as you are running up to the mobs and start the fight by hitting them with your most powerful attack.

Like I said I keep a seperate armory for supers. It has my exact same loadout minus wildfire but with a super and I use this whenever my super is up and switch armories once I use it. Which super I put depends on the situation and instance. For instance in the new alert I put volcanic on my single target bar to get a quick 200k off on the boss then switch armories. But in the new raids I dont feel safe at melee range so I take flash point off my bar and run fireball barrage the entire time.
  17. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Yea I mix up flame cascade and Fireball Barrage all the time lol. Instead of Fireery weapon I meant Stoke flames. I've been doing heavy testing and everything is sort of becoming one long giant loadout. I could have also be recalling a loadout from lik 2 or 3 years ago that looked pretty similar to that haha.

Yea I pretty much do what you do but have stoke flames. Ill try out flashpoint in its place and see how that goes. Im at 23k might now so Ill have to check it out.
  18. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

Yeah flashpoint is very hard hitting. Key to topping charts with this LO is always precasting fireburst running up to adds and knowing when to use a quick burst instead of starting a cast.
  19. L T Devoted Player

Flashpoint for adds and absorb heat/heat vision for bosses was a total winning formula for me in zoo, E3, and deluge. I really haven't changed my fire load out very much. The Titans raids are WAY more add heavy though. The HIVE raid has Terra and Deathstroke single bosses, but that's sort of balanced by the Bumble fight that starts things off. The Machine has crazy adds in it. Don't even get me started about the Beast Boy phase.

Fireball Barrage is totally back. Maybe Wildfire too. The normal version raids are pretty melee friendly so I may play around with Enflame also.
    • Like x 1
  20. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

I haven't been able to find a load out with enflame thats not a dps loss personally. Just bc I feel like you need inferno and having 2 12 cd dots usually leaves me with all my abilities on cd after the first rotation. Lemme know what you come up with.