Test Discussion Augments

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Avair, Jul 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knarlydude Loyal Player

That white hand mod is a PVP exploit. What they are doing is keeping their pve hands on knowing that it is not being turned off because you cannot socket white mods in the PVP gear. I actually thought all that was fixed a long time ago. I use to bust out white feet mods on guys using lag switches & macros. They would lag or macro & I would block and bounce their butts across the room. By the time the lag was done they were just getting up and the macros guys I would jump them while they were down. xD I hate cheaters.
  2. inferno Loyal Player

@proxystar - having more golden exobytes won't help to equalize the stat that we have now. Mostly because we can only put in 4 augments of each type and right now each NJ mod is giving equal stats to a rank 217 augment.

I think what they need to do is adjust the stats of the gears in the Test to be a LOT more than what we currently have on live. Therefore, the augments, which are percentage-based off our gear stats will be higher end up being higher. They need to calculate a new, exact total amount of stats that a full 235 cr gear, so that a rank 198 augment added on will equal the stats we currently have. THEN, the additional golden exobytes are for the support roles. But as I said in my earlier post, each NJ mod should equal an amount of xp that will boost that augment to get an equal amount of stats from the new cr 235 gear. If this new xp value is provided for our NJ mods then we wouldn't even need golden exobytes. We just consume our mods and they will have to provide us with Mod recovery kits for each toon.
    • Like x 2
  3. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I’ll lay it out like this. I currently use two sets of gear with two armories for pve.

I use a full controller set in the first armory. It is modded with 6 full vit mods, 2 vit/prec mods and 2 vit/health mods. If all implants have innate health and power, I would need 3 vit implants and 1 prec implant to simulate what I have now.

I use a full dps set in the second armory. It is modded with 6 full might mods, 2 might/health mods and 2 might/power mods. If all implants have innate health and power, I would need 4 might implants to simulate what I have now.

My two builds would not overlap. I would need 4 might implants, 1 prec implant and 3 vit implants. I would need 8 gold exobytes to keep something similar to the stat builds I have now.

That’s just my story; others will differ. But no matter the story, 4 gold exobytes is not enough to keep us where people with dual roles are now. And if I’m not supposed to buy two different sets of gear, then I don’t need as many marks. I then don’t play as much. The life of the episode is cut for me.
    • Like x 6
  4. loupblanc Dedicated Player

All looks confusing at the moment. Is there a simple guide available? One made by the devs?
  5. MaryMagdalene_DCUO Well-Known Player

Its defintely not useless in pve.
  6. gemii Dedicated Player

playstyle preference i guess, i personally stick to the max damage mod but that tactical white improved stealth mod truly makes open world duels and pvp extremely unbalanced giving Mental and Gadget players a unfair advantage in fights

while there is an issue currently with tactical mods id like to see it addressed before everything gets fixed back to normal
    • Like x 1
  7. Knarlydude Loyal Player

The white chest damage mod was broken the last time I tested. I stopped using them then & never tested again because of zero mod response. You might want to test on live & see if they are working.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...mage-buff-mods-are-working-in-reverse.296220/
  8. gemii Dedicated Player

9. Proxystar #Perception

No, you can put 4 augments on for base stats and 2 episode specific augments.

The 4 augments are just like gear and can be imprinted to your armory and stay there like that

i.e. - for DPS role you have 4 might augments or precision augments equipped and the 2 episode ones, imprint this to DPS

hit armory button to switch to support role

i.e. for Support role you have 4 Vit, Dom or Resto augments equipped and 2 episode ones, imprint this to support.

There appears to be a small decrease in stats from what I'm able to tell, but it's in the range of ~1,000 at level 193, and this will likely dissipate very quickly as we level, that is no longer so much of a concern for me.

The concern however is that we only have enough golden exobytes to get to 193 on one side i.e. we get 4, so when we put one each in to our might augments or support augments and we run out. one side is left at 0, having to grind from 0.

The reason, or so it seems to me anyway, is that the developers are reluctant to hand out 8 golden exobytes, because cowboy players will slap them all in one side and boost that one side to item level 217 on their augments on day one, thus diminishing the grind which is likely to take much of the episodes duration.

The developers as a result need to decide though, do they take the hit there or do they punish the players that play both sides and if so how much do they get 'punished' or is there some other alternative solution that can be reached.

I don't use the word punish either to come across as negative towards the devs, it's simply for lack of a better word to describe the effect.
    • Like x 3
  10. Proxystar #Perception

That's not what this thread is about.
    • Like x 1
  11. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I know its hands. The chest mods were broken. The hand mod is an exploit. The white mainframe mods are not supposed to work in PVP because they are PVE. If any of the white mods are working in PVP it's because the player has PVE gear on and the white mods are not turning off. These players now this and it is an exploit if they are doing it.
    • Like x 1
  12. Delta2Four Active Player

Everyone is concerned about being compensated for both roles, and respective pvp gear. Even being rightfully concerned about being compensated the same amount as someone who doesn't work for R&D mods. I thought someone would've said it by now, but I haven't seen it anywhere.

Why don't we get augment experience based off the amount of (R&D) Exobytes we have in our possession?

...whether the exobytes are in our inventory or being used in current equipment mods, so that we can be compensated for the amount of work we have put in. If someone has mods for one role, they get augment experience that compensate for one role. If someone has mods for two roles, well... you get the point.

-Prefab and synthetic mods may have a different conversion rate. They're still equipment mods and still cost marks.
    -Mixed mods (whether prefab or constructed) may have a higher conversion rate (i.e. giving more augment experience, since they naturally give more stats)
    -I'm not sure how transition would work or if it's possible with this kind of approach but it does seem to help everyone's concern with compensation in a fair manner.

That said, I have some other things to point out.
    -There's no health and power (stat) specific augments. I use mixed dominance/power mods for PVP and since augments are replacing equipment mods, I think all equipment mod stats should be covered.
    -Giving every stat augment to everyone is unnecessary since i.e. controllers don't need restoration whatsoever so it just adds to clutter in the inventory space. Same thing goes for tanks and healers that don't need vitalization, etc.

Hope this helps
  13. Proxystar #Perception

- augments have their own inventory and are stored in their own tab so they don't take up inventory space, the other augments you may not use if not particularly beneficial to your role still exist in that list irrespective of whether you level them, if that makes sense.

There are no health and power augments because those are now passively included in all augments.

here's a screenshot of what it looks like.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  14. Proxystar #Perception

They stop at 217, for now, that's not permanent, it'll change as episodes come out.

Yes, it appears there will be a slight decrease in might from what I've been able to tell but it appears to be small, but I understand what you're saying.
    • Like x 1
  15. Delta2Four Active Player

I get where you're coming from, but look at it from the devs' pov. Augments are supposed to benefit the players; it's not like they're trying to punish players. How you feel about this doesn't make it a fact. That said, how about constructive feedback or suggestions instead of bashing devs? Maybe you're not trying to but you're certainly coming off as so.

And for the record, no one has been punished yet. Like avair said before that's why there's a time for feedback. The reason why you (rightfully) complain is literally why a test server exists. Using 'punished' isn't necessarily wrong, it's just tunnel-visioned to a certain outcome.

Augments were previewed just over 12 hours ago. Devs clearly acknowledge our concern for compensation. Release is set for the 18th. Just something to think about
  16. Brav Well-Known Player

Thank you Avair for the Response to many of our questions. I do enjoy the new Augment System so far. The Augments do seem to make up the stats maybe even a little more, for those who spec pure to their role. Mixed may work as well if they choose too. (Metegenes Combined with the Episode Specific Augments).

Please do come to a solution for Both Roles, even if it's just for the players who actually modded for both roles. I will be honest, only my main is modded end content for both roles. my alts have some mods in their main support and low mods on their secondary role. I am not to worried about them. But my Main I am very worried about. I would like to keep my progression I made on that character for both of his roles. It took some time and resources/farming to max both sides.

Even if you have to send a Separate Mailed (4) Golden Exobytes to players with the appropriate experience amount based on their CR to those who actually have both sides modded with end content mods or even decent tiered mods/few lower from end content, would be fine as well. (I would say to maybe allow us to remove them or have them pre-removed by the game and just trade them in to a npc/vendor to convert them into the appropriate experience amount for our augments but that might be a little to complicated).

Other than that the system seems like a wonderful upgrade to the games' Progression for our Characters. So Thank you again.

(Side Note: Can you please Add a Confirmation/Are you Sure Message for the Augments when Fortifying (Augment/Artifact to Augment/Artifact). Maybe even allow us to Toggle them as Important and Fade it out when it is also saved to an Armory. I can see a potential problem of some players accidentally consuming them into Artifacts or other Augments. This can surely help with that. Thank you).

Sincerely: Brav
    • Like x 1
  17. Delta2Four Active Player

I'm talking about health specific or power specific augments. I haven't seen the stats for augments in their high levels, but regardless; prefab power mods give me more power than the average pvp gear set. Having innate power means everyone gets more power.

I'm aware of the augments having their own inventory, but me personally i think it's just a simple quality of life thing that could be easily fixed. Seeing ONLY the augments you use would be nice.
  18. inferno Loyal Player

Dang it, my number was thrown off by 66 skill points. The gear stats are the same.
    The loss in might exists only in the mod to augment transition. But it still a loss from 3400 might from mods to 1450 might from augments.

Sorry bout that.
    • Like x 2
  19. Proxystar #Perception

I understand they're not trying to or have a desire to "punish" players, that's not actually what I'm saying, I'm simply saying it's a byproduct of what's happening irrespective of the desire or not.

I'm not bashing the developers at all, I'm analyzing what's happening is all, I've been careful to post what I'm "seeing" so that it isn't "feels" by the way, so I'm not quite sure where you're getting that from.

I've also posted updates to my feedback as I've further investigated issues or worked through things.

I understand that's why a test server exists and that's why I'm on there testing it and provding information in this thread...
    • Like x 3
  20. Proxystar #Perception

So I have to provide feedback on this aspect, but the grind involved in this deeply concerns me.

[IMG]

By the time you get to even rank 15 on an augment that's 347,000 experience, how much experience is required by the time you're unlocking "Enervator Energy Dampener"? 2.7million?

and this is for 1 augment?

then the 4 implants to get to level 217 each are another 750k or so as I overshot the one below as an example

[IMG]

if we're doing these from 0 to max each that's

750,000 xp x 4 = 3,000,000 experience (support role, from zero due to no golden exobyte)
    374,000 xp x 4 = 1,496,000 experience (dps role, boosted by 4 golden exobytes at the start)
    347,000 xp x 4 = 1,388,000 experience ( for 4 augments to level 15 ) what is it above that who knows.

Total grind so far = 5,884,000

If those augments go up anywhere near 2,000,000 for the max level, then we're looking at an additional 6,612,000 experience on top of that.

So this could be well over 10,000,000 experience required...

and these episode augments reset with the next episode right?

Edit - Anyway I think I'll finish my testing up from there and wait to see what the developers come back with on Monday and then go in again and take another look.
    • Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.