Star Wars, The Thread

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Ankh_Legacy, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

But that's the thing, Kylo didn't tell her anything she didn't already know.

People keep skipping the beginning of the conversation and going right to where he says "they were filthy junk traders".

The lines go as such.

Kylo: Do you want to know the truth about your parents? Or have you always known? You've just hidden it away. You know the truth. Say it. Say it.

Rey: They were nobody.

Kylo: They were filthy junk traders, who sold you off for drinking money. They're dead, in a poppers grave, in the Jakku dessert.

This whole need for her to be related to someone is nonsense. There is no need or reason for her to be anything else than just her. The force does not care about lineage or place in society, poor, rich, scoundrel, royalty, it all means nothing to the force.
  2. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Lets move to something fun

3. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Still doesn't make it the truth: just because you have believed your whole life to have been nothing, doesn't make it the truth

Butt hay, what ever helps you justify your stance :shrug:
  4. Helderman Dedicated Player

Star Wars are glorified toy commercials (post and run)
  5. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  6. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    Well, here it is. The official trailer for Solo: A Star Wars Story
    • Like x 2
  7. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Crap, you beat me to it :(;).

I like it, this is looking to be quite fun ride.
    • Like x 1
  8. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

watching because, Emilia Clarke
  9. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

With your name having "Skywalker" in it, this is a disappointing response.
  10. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

So, it's "Ocean's 11", in Space? Still better than "Ocean's 8"
    And still prefer the original story where Han was an Imperial Officer who 'resigned' after seeing Chewie being abused, and how Lando was the original owner of the Falcon (that trailer made it look like Han found her in a junkyard)
  11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Perhaps it might be wise to wait and see the actual story of the film before trying to make any comparisons to the EU stuff? ;)
    • Like x 1
  12. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Seems you haven't been paying attention.

The first teasers had him saying he joined the Empire but that didn't work out.

In this trailer, that's not a junkyard, its just a dark hangar on whatever that cold planet is and that's just Han's first time seeing the Falcon, which it was said he fell in love with her at first sight.

If you go to :52 you hear Woody Harrelson say "you got a line on a ship" with Q'ira responding "yeah I know a guy, he's the best smuggler around" as the clip shows us Lando.

Lando is the current owner of the Falcon at the time of this movie and as established in Empire, Han will win her from Lando. Lando was also not the Falcon's original owner, she had few prior owners and names, though that info I believe is now in Legends, so the movie could change that.
  13. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Better yet completely forget the EU ever existed.

The majority of the so called haters appear to be EU fans and just cant except that the EU is not nor was it ever canon.
  14. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Fine, will not comment again, ever, on Star Wars, because opinions are not welcome if they don't align with the midiclorian crowd
  15. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Now I had been thinking that my "not paying attention" comment to you felt on the harsh side (a comment in another comment section on Sunday about SW really got under my skin and I feel that may be why I used that line when it wasn't necessary) but there hasn't been anything in this thread to suggest opinions aren't welcome.

That's the whole point of this thread, to talk about SW and hopefully get past the anger that has been apart of the fandom the past few years, it seems to still be a work in progress :(.

You and I are in completely different areas of thought on Rey's parents (which I'm really hoping you were joking about :)) but I and hopefully many others still want to see you apart of the discussion.
  16. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

And before someone makes a comment, asking Chewie his name doesn't mean anything about how and when they meet.

Just love the card game scene, Chewie's reaction is priceless.

The guy shooting the rocket launcher is said to be Warwick Davis.
  17. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Warwick Davis is such a legend! He'll always be Professor Flitwick to me
  18. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Gotta disagree, I think he was better in Willow.
    • Like x 1
  19. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

never watched that so your probs right.
  20. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Even if you aren't a fan of sword-and-sorcery fantasy films, it's well worth a watch. All in all it's a really fun movie.

And who knows? Considering it was a LucasFilm project directed by Ron Howard, it might even give fans an idea of what they may be in for with Solo.