Can we please tone Mr. Freeze down?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by 9001BPM, Feb 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

i made a thread about this, i can beat carol ferris without blocking or breaking the generators on my villains but i have completely stopped doing this seasonal on all my heroes because everytime it's MR freaking Freeze the entire team has to fight for their lives like he is some sort of T8 Raid Boss, the devs don't play the game so they don't wth we are talking about, hopefully enough players bring this to their attention so they nerf him.
  2. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

that's not the point, the devs should balance both bosses, not make heroes spend more time trying to run and block from a guy with an ice gun who knocks you out in 3 seconds, meanwhile i can beat carol ferris without even trying.
  3. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

get a group of all level 10's and have fun beating mr freeze, i wish you the best.
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

You mean that thing I don’t even need to do in Earth 3 raids? You really not seeing what’s wrong here?
    • Like x 1
  5. Proxystar #Perception

Hes not hard if you're good bro, lol :D
    • Like x 2
  6. Proxystar #Perception

Not when it's an available area to kite him. It's only a exploit if you break restricted boundaries and go where its not intended say out of bounds.

There are cheesey tactics but that doesn't make them an exploit.

It is only an exploit when you go somewhere and do something unintended
  7. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Going to just add my response to this comment.... So I am using my water alt strictly as a healer to cover those that don't USE a shield since I keep two in my build so I can be deflecting damage constantly.... I also have two Munitions DPS that are using a shield to do the holiday event. The thing is BOTH of them are above CR 200... CR 222 and CR 220 and both have done the Earth 3 duo, alert and both raids numerous times and guess what? I didn't need to or feel the need to add the shield until after a day or so of doing the Valentine's Day event and the shields are in the tray now solely to help during that event. SO I can defeat any and all of the E3 bounties and all of the bosses in any E3 group content without needing a shield BUT I have to have one to defeat Mr. Freeze in a holiday event where i am clamped DOWN to CR 34?

Sounds like an issue that should be looked into and addressed to me?
    • Like x 2
  8. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

I've yet to have an issue with him and in all honesty, he's one of the seasonal event bosses to take down. You just have to know when to block when he goes into his water bubble.
  9. velvetsanity Loyal Player

I still think this should be PvE competitive, one group queues in on villain side, and tries to take down Carol, while another group queues in on hero side and tries to take down freeze...queues can be separate...if there’s an instance with a group on one side but not the other, then the first queued group to go in on the other side becomes the cavalry (but only if Carol/Mr Freeze are above a certain health percentage, if not it puts them in a new clean instance). Win or lose, I think it’d be fun. Hero side keeps smashing the generators, villain side keeps fixing them...adds on both sides focus on whoever’s fiddling with the generators.
  10. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Never had any troubles doing the Seasonals with under 20's until after they started Clamping your nuts, and they started Clamping because some people complained about the high levels one-shotting the boss and messing up the whole event

This isn't about how some people are uber-clever and can solo the event with their hind leg tied around their neck, butt about how the majority are getting their butt's put on ice

And don't start that crap again about how under 30's should be excluded from a supposedly fun seasonal event
    • Like x 1
  11. Mazahs Loyal Player

At what point did I say that? I don't see anything particularly difficult with the seasonal, but obviously some are.

Air your grievances to the devs and see what happens. This all came about because we are clamped since people complained about high levels smashing them too fast.

My point was simple. If Freeze is hurting you, put a shield on and get thru it
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I already do, anyway, didn’t you see the post where I talked about being a controller for the aggro dump shield? Doesn’t stop others getting slaughtered.
    • Like x 1
  13. JKwak Well-Known Player

lol i think carol should be harder, freeze is right how he is
    but that stupid generators should be removed they make no difference at all (except half your team tries to destroy them, then you are f*cked)
  14. Vagrant Committed Player

There is a fundamental problem with the seasonal when the boss has a no tell one shot. His mechanics of the generators do nothing, I've seen fights where we completely ignore the generators because they do nothing when they are destroyed.

As it is currently Mr. Freeze has two problems, his fight mechanics don't work and he hits a little too hard. Reduce his damage, look into his one shot, and see why the mechanics are not working properly.
    • Like x 1
  15. Miss Adora Loyal Player

seasonal meant to be an optional extra fun, and it should stay that way!
  16. Miss Adora Loyal Player

actually Klarion is just as bad but I think eventually they toned it down some
  17. Mazahs Loyal Player

See but it kinda does. Every power has either a personal shield, a 4 man shield , an aggro dump or Iconic HL shield.

Use them. Right now even if the devs did do something (which I doubt they will) your looking at what...a couple of days at least to implement? Use the tools we have to get thru it till then.
  18. Liightmare1 Well-Known Player

Lol they should just make it so when we log in we are given the marks without even hitting the terminal or speaking to Hal Jordan. Some people just want to have no challenge at all.
  19. Miss Adora Loyal Player

that is a good argument, I started a new character. I chose Earth as a power to try out and it's a strong power but at level 10 I don't have all the heavy hitting powers yet. At that level I have like 2 tank powers and the rest is dps, well three if you want to count crystal as a tank power and dps.
  20. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

As others have stated: if you don't need a shield in a T3 raid, why should we have to use it in what is supposed to be a fun all-levels Seasonal?

The problem is, Freezie-Pop is doing disproportionate damage compared to the Pink Power Ranger
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.