Can we please tone Mr. Freeze down?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by 9001BPM, Feb 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eve YouTuber

I had no issues with it so far. He hit hard yes, and he can one shot. But I block at the skull long enough for him not to kill me
    and I just attack. Mostly the groups I get in are all dps. There wasn't much of a problem for me. But since seasonal event supposed
    to be fun, I guess It's making it less fun when the boss hits as hard and you in a need of support roles. I helped Trexlight testing it
    before it went live and we tried on both support roles and all dps runs, we saw the difference as well. I have no idea why nothing
    changed. But It's not impossible. Just probably annoying.
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We will take another look at Freeze's attacks.
    • Like x 9
  3. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Y’all should give him that beautiful shield that ice powers has also. Instead of that ugly water thing that is there.
    • Like x 4
  4. Knarlydude Loyal Player

It's been like that for as long as I can remember.
  5. ARMY TANK Well-Known Player

What date is the Valentine event finishing please Mepps ??
  6. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I know what you are saying but.........
    Players have to learn sooner or later and sooner is better.
  7. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Yeah A tank or healer can carry a whole new level 10 group in there.
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

March 5
    • Like x 1
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I agree with the sentiment of what you’re saying, but I think that point should come at level 30, when one has access to all of their potential tools, and in primary game content, not a seasonal that’s meant to be just some fluff for a month.
  10. Knarlydude Loyal Player

The seasonals were messed up along with all if the lower content when CR scaling was implemented in GU47. Before that the seasonals were a lot better. A LOT BETTER. they were easy enough and yet you still had to follow the mechanics. The damage from NPC's was lower and the had more health so that we could not burn them so fast. Which made players follow the intance mechanics a lot more while learning a role at the same time.
    • Like x 1
  11. DaveFelterbush Active Player

and another post about something being tooooo difficult.. run Ultimate Solider Elite with all 4 bosses. then run the seasonal.
    • Like x 3
  12. Shark Dental Devoted Player

[IMG]

Are you seriously suggesting that a seasonal should cater to the same crowd as the US Elite Victory feat? (chortle)
    • Like x 2
  13. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Before the stat clamp you could have walked into the current Valentine's day alert with a Cr 224 AT CR 224 and in seconds Freeze and all those minions running around would have been dead. We grab our 6 hearts and head out the door. And THEN some folks got the "bright" idea that the events were not a challenge because those horrible High CR were killing everything so fast. FUNNY thing.. I do not recall a single player on any alert back then moaning,crying, whining or complaining because they were done and could go back to running normal content.......... as has already been stated ITS A HOLIDAY EVENT. the original idea was to give us some special holiday inspired content and an EASY way to grab some holiday inspired stuff from the Devs....

But that crowd of masochistic hard core gamers that thinks every thing in game has to leave you sweating and out of breath with your fingers bleeding from working the controller /mouse stuck their elitist noses in .... AND tada we have what we have now.
    • Like x 2
  14. Darth Loyal Player

I haven't read all he posts in this thread but I have been checking it from time to time.

I just want to point out that I just ran this with a 4 dps team made up of my lvl 11 alt and 3 other toons that were free accounts ranging from lvl 15-18 and we face-tanked freeze at the front console and beat him without anyone dying. I'm not sure he's as bad as people are saying he is although he is, albeit still harder than Carol Ferris. I just don't think he is so hard that it isn't playable like I've seen some people say.

EDIT: On top of that I just ran my lvl 29 hero alt through seasonal and got the Villain instance. Carol knocked out 2 players and I could only rally 1. This time there was even a healer in the group. Maybe we actually need to buff Mr Freeze? :p
    • Like x 1
  15. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Sorry but you're mistaking the AM CR scaling era for before GU 47. The seasonals were not one shot before GU 47. Before GU 47 you still had to follow instance mechanics even if you could solo the instance.
  16. Proxystar #Perception

LOL got a laugh outta me :D
  17. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Here's an idea.. Go create an brand new alt and level it to 10.. shouldn't take long you leave Brainiac's ship at level4 these days and are usually at 10 by the time you complete that very first arc. Now .. I don't give a CRAP how many SP you have amassed in X years of play. DO NOT BUY any feats so you'll have, at best a couple feats completed and probably no more SP that you get between the levels where you get a new power.. So MAYBE you have a whopping 5 or 6 SP total. You have absolutely no generator mods and IF you belong to a league DON'T join and grab any league buffs.

Now go find yourself a trio of players that are also ten levels with the exact same amount of SP and so on..... And go que up and run the alert together. No one can switch to TANK or Healer because at most the only armor any of them have for those roles is 1 ten level ring. So you 4 brave noble DPS run in and attack Freeze and his minions .. Then come back here and tell all of us just how long it took him to wipe out the entire team.

The POINT here is this is a Holiday event and its supposed to be fun and give us some special holiday related styles and furniture... Not leave us all wanting to go slam our heads against the wall in utter disgust and frustration. You'll forgive us if we don;t share your attitude that everything should take a life time to complete and our alts should require multiple bandages and a wheel chair to get around in after it is finally done. Dang it is a Valentine's day event.... I don't recall every going home after work and walking in the door telling my wife happy Valentine's Day and then kicking her in the head REPEATEDLY. I always did much better with Flowers or candy... did REALLY well the day I handed her a diamond necklace. But sorry don't recall ever taking her to a WWE event and entering us in a couples TAG TEAM EVENT.
    • Like x 2
  18. velvetsanity Loyal Player

If you’d married a Klingon she’d enjoy that :D
    • Like x 2
  19. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

I believe Freeze's attack is not that it is too strong; it is for most parts uncounterable.
    His mele attack often hits for a volley of usually 6-8 hits of 300-400.
    The problem is the volley often hits so fast it as if you've been hit only once, but for 2400-3200.
    Then his "Tell" hits right after that for another 2700-3700. Blocking has no effect on the Tell; but dodging does.
    I believe if you slow down the volley, and increase the defense of blocking; the event should be manageable.
    Don't turn Freeze into a weakling; just make him more counterable.
    • Like x 1
  20. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

I run the event on 17 toons a day, all with randoms and the vast majority of the time it is done with very little issues. That is especially the case when fighting Carol, which I think is one of the biggest issues with this seasonal, she is far easier to defeat than Mr Freeze is and they should both be as balanced as possible.

But anyhow, yesterday I got through 5 toons same as usual and on the 6th, we started, I summoned my boo's(boo belt) I used one power and Freeze instantly came after me.. taking tons of damage I popped my shield used a soda and I was dead within the first few seconds of the fight.. :\

If that is the kind of thing people are experiencing at a much more common rate than myself, I completely understand them wanted it toned down.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.