Test Discussion Episode 30: Rewards Feedback

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Avair, Nov 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Samuiel Well-Known Player

I agree.

Yep...

Yeah the new Superman style is nice.
  2. Samuiel Well-Known Player

Very well said .Although I didn't understand what you meant with your last 2 sentences.
  3. Samuiel Well-Known Player

Yeah by having elite gear with higher level item than the normal one, we'll have to buy the elite gear+ the normal one + the johny quick one... so many things to buy and they are so expensive... even at half prices they will probably need us to grind for too long, too much , ew !
  4. Korlick Loyal Player

Alex Luthor armor looks great. Too bad were not getting it. Would be way better to have that instead of the J.Quick gear.
    • Like x 1
  5. light FX Steadfast Player

There are new focus elements and core elements. If there wasnt it would allow players to run ep29 and 30 for both those items and make their mods even faster. Players could have hoarded those items from ep29 or used alts and make tons of mods right away. Personally it wouldnt matter to me if we could do that but i can see why the devs dont want it happening. Cause it does look like the episode is supposed to last a good amount of time.

And if u go for the elite gear then normal owlman and jquick gear is half off. Go for normal owlman and jquick gear is half off. It adds longevity and grind to the dlc. But i find it silly to keep grinding for gear thats worse then what u have to then throw it away too. The only reason its like that is for the f2p event players. For a long time now they have been doing open episodes and this event stuff. Imo it doesnt seem like its attracting new players if it keeps having to be done and pushed even further. Instead they should be looking to update the perks for subbing ;) Giving players free stuff has no guarantee they will sub. Like i already said it creates players who wait for the free stuff and never sub.

If im one of those players my mindset is ill wait until they do this again and not sub because i can get into the next episode. And then u have players all the time on these forums saying "u dont need this or that to get into the next episode." If i saw that as 1 of those fp2 players it would only confirm im making the right decision by waiting to see what i can get for free next time.
  6. Jafin 10000 Post Club

No there's just one, but there is a second collection set of gold collections, so there are two "OP collections" to buy on the vendor (one for 350 Ultrabucks and one for 60 Ultrabucks), and people usually just refer to them as OP collections too since they require a feat to be eligible to have them drop.
  7. Aerith Rose Committed Player

This is regarding the open world seasonal version vs the normal version for subscribers.

1) Is the Johnny Quick gear going to remain purchasable for subscribers after the "event" ends?

2) Are there feats in the "event" that have to be obtained in the "event" and cannot be obtained in the Regular or Elite version?
  8. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

I totally second that those o p items took forever and I only have two out of the three. They should be attuned to this episode. I mentioned that in another thread myself. Come on devs... help us out with the op gear. It's kind of a shame that it doesn't last two episodes as much effort time and money for a lot of people it takes to get those. As I mentioned in another thread maybe OP items should work like artifacts and you can put experience in them to rank them up so that it can have a longer usable life span. Going after omnipotence gear seems really obsolete when it does not last that long
  9. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

And what I mean by rank them up, is they can be attuned higher then in previous episodes. Maybe it's something that gets unlocked after you've reached full Fender gear and have the feat
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The real limiter for when you get an OP item are getting the collection drops, which take about half the time to acquire compared to the last episode.
    • Like x 2
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This is intended. These are what hold up R&D primarily, so doubling the essence output has a huge impact on how long it takes to mod.
    • Like x 4
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Yes, you earn extra Ultrabucks in Elite.
    • Like x 1
  13. RLManuel Committed Player

Exactly how much time should it take?? I’m still waiting for my first op hand collection to drop...
  14. Samuiel Well-Known Player

So you people are not going to reduce the price for the OP collection?
  15. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Do u know how much extra?
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We definitely expect an end-game/elite player to play and want to play the game more than a leveling or more casual player, and the rewards structure reflects that.

That said, the expanded vendor discount system is intended to cut that grind time dramatically for players who will want to go after more than one of the suits. So let me break that down:
    • We expect the leveling, non-endgame player to play the event content and earn the event (Johnny Quick) suit. Costs are pretty low, and there are no additional complications.
    • We expect the end-game player who is not interested in elite to obtain the end-game (Owlman) suit first, then pick up the event suit for the style/feat at the 50% discount. With the already low cost of the event suit and the discount, this is still very reasonable.
    • We expect the elite player to pick up the elite (Enhanced Owlman) suit first, then pick up the event and end-game suits for the styles/feats at the 50% discount. Elite content grants 30% more currency, too, so when combined with the discount this stays in a reasonable range. Elite players will definitely play more, of all the content, and the improved gear and other bonus rewards in elite make that desirable.
      • Side note: we do expect some elite players to have to gear up a little bit using dropped gear before comfortably tackling elite, but we do not expect them to go after the regular vendor gear first (though, of course, that is an option).
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Sorry, it is 13 vs. 10 Ultrabucks.
    • Like x 2
  18. Samuiel Well-Known Player

Although I haven't tried the new elite raids, usually elite raids take double or triple more time to complete , because of the difficulty , so I was expecting the rewards of ultrabucks to be also double or triple, not only 30% more.That seems too low amount vs time spent+ difficulty.
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

1) Yes.
    2) No.
  20. light FX Steadfast Player

So imo the cost of elite gear is not lining up with the extra mark reward. 3 extra marks x 2 raids per week is 6 marks. Thats 24 marks per month. A normal chest is 80 while an elite chest is 100. So that month covers the extra cost of just the chest.

Thanks for the replies to the other questions i asked btw.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.