About Earth 3's Change To The Superman Model

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrMigraine, Nov 3, 2017.

1. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

It's great that they are able to improve the graphics and the images, update their models by all means, but did that really mean they had to change the look entirely? o_O
    • Like x 2
  2. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

apples and oranges, just because you like those original costumes doesn´t mean that they have to stay the same way forever.
    Like you said before, those characters were created so many years ago, and their costumes were inspired by the time they were created to reflect those times. But times change, fashion and people change, and most importantly, people have different preferences.

I think that is more important is like this characters for what they are, and the ideas behind them, what represent to us, and why some of them are inspiring rather then just focus on their look. The look is gonna change always to try to lure the nwer generation of readers, younger people mostly, so IMO that is not a bad thing, the important thing is to keep the essence of the characters.

If Marvel would follow your way of thinking we still be stuck with the "Thin Can" Iron man or Tiger Boot Thor for example, just because thats their "Classic" and "Iconic" look.....

[IMG] [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  3. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Forgetting, of course, that DCUO is set in a specific time (pre-Nu52), and that the Nu52 costumes were almost universally panned after the first issue

And wasn't talking about all characters, but Soups in particular: his look has stood the test of time for 70 years, and when they do give him an 'upgrade' it never lasts long and they return back to The Look
    • Like x 4
  4. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Those are very poor examples.

Iron Man is an ever evolving suit of armor, new tech, new ideas are always coming along, it is meant to change, yet the look rarely did change over the years. That specific suit is the very first one, which was made while he was injured and a prisoner. It was only used for a few issues until a gold version was made that was also only used for a few issues, which then the basic design that has lasted for decades was introduced.

As for Thor, in his 55 years of existence he has had very little change to his look. He has had some tweaking here and there but nothing to drastic.

Just to point out movie costumes do not count in this at all, they are a separate entity unto themselves. But even then Iron Man has kept to a similar look throughout all the movies.
    • Like x 2
  5. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

It doesn´t matter if you are one of the few people who are upset by this change. What's done is done, you will have to deal with it :D
    [IMG]
  6. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Honestly surprised you didn't use an example of Soups himself, seeing how his original look had gone through a few changes as well, but oh, that's right, they still retained the same basic Iconic look
    [IMG]
    https://www.supermanhomepage.com/images/aos-1950s/GRclouds-tb.html
    [IMG]
    As you can see, in almost 50 years the outfit remained almost the same, with possibly the only notable change being the shield
    • Like x 2
  7. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

So what was the Drastic change we are talking about? red Underwear outside the pants? that is really Drastic amrite???
    LoL
  8. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

There are more changes between these two versions of thor than what we got here with Supes:

[IMG]

I really can´t stand people with double standards. I'm done with this thread.
  9. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Sooo glad you posted the cod-pieced long-johns, been meaning to ask: how does he drain the kryptonian snake in that? Or, does he only wear it for ten minutes at a time because it takes three hours to pull it on? o_O

And maybe you should take your own 'advice' the next time the DEVs do something you don't like (just have to wait until Episode 30)
    • Like x 3
  10. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

That´s one of his Superpowers, Kryptonian self control :D
    • Like x 1
  11. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Double standards? For not going off on a tangent, and sticking to the focus of the (derailed) thread? Okay sport, take care now! Don't hurt yourself climbing down from your horse, they can get a little high
  12. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

So much controversy over whether Someone's wearing their trunk type pants or not.

Like seriously, it doesn't matter that much. Superman is still Superman, If he was really Unrecognizable he wouldn't have that iconic logo on his chest.

The fact that there's so much debate over an appearance change is really saddening, there's other things to talk about in the game ;yet plenty of energy is being spent on this awkward debate.
    • Like x 1
  13. TestReporter Loyal Player

I don't like the new superman model, this new one seems to be more poorly done than the old one, his face doesn't looks right to me.
    OLD:
    [IMG]
    NEW:
    [IMG]
    I think he needs some tweeks.
    • Like x 9
  14. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i think it would be easier to state "eventually everything reverts back to its most classic" instead of splitting hairs but even then "classic" can be replaced with "most popular".
  15. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Glad to see I'm not the only one who thought that. when I saw his face on the Wiki; it looked alot less detailed to me imo.
    • Like x 5
  16. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

Any chance of an update to e rest of the trinity? Especially for wonder woman?
    • Like x 1
  17. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Thank you posting this

WOW!! Admit that maybe the original face needed some 'tweaks', but the 'upgraded' one looks like a seriously bad plastic job (just glad managed to get his Halloween mask for Zoom, unless they change that as well)

Glad they didn't go too dark on the blue, but not a fan of the fishscales (keep those for AquaDork... oh wait, the new AquaDork doesn't wear fishscales either)
    • Like x 6
  18. MastaMind Dedicated Player

You all are going to slap yourselves with a cactus when you find out that it was really Plastic Man all along posing as Superman.
    • Like x 4
  19. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

I wouldnt mind if they added more detail to the original face and put it on the new suit....but other than that the new supes face is awful.
    • Like x 1
  20. Proxystar #Perception

My personal opinion is that the suit looks cool but the face looks heinous.

As always art is subjective but this is my view.
    • Like x 4