Producer's Letter: State of the Stats Revamp!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Katnikov, Aug 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Once your CR goes up...... it does not come back down...even if you delete all your gear. It does not matter if the gear is still in your inventory or not.
  2. MastaMind Dedicated Player

Glad to see more players like yourself stopping by the forums. Most people in-game did not believe me when I told them that somehow the opinions posted on here actually matter. The bad part is that all of the input is waaaaaaaaaay too late, and you have to be pretty dedicated to it (While tip-toeing not to break the ToS) in order to make anything happen. I agree with pretty much everything you said. Just beware of the monkey paw effect.

[IMG]

I MEMBER. lol

Anyway. That is also the fatal flaw with things. Classic example. When the vendor prices for AoJ were announced everyone pitched a fit. I myself thought that the best gear in the game SHOULD be harder to obtain, cost more, take more time, and that progression would actually have to be earned. The community got the prices cut, and as a result we also lost half the daily missions (You member?) and thankfully it finally got made right, but it took a ton of complaints to do so. Be careful what you wish for!
    • Like x 3
  3. Margus New Player

Ok what i want to say.
    1st content not hard so mutch
    2th do i really have mood to play lower content i say no. Because few pices of styels of every style is long way to go if i not got item i need in 1 month playng cretain low content its mabe not drop even in 1 year tho. Sometimes i lucky 1of30th runs.
    3th if to look styles once done then its done but really i play endgame content there is not enought marks savings to buy even 1 style pice. Basicly its take something forever to get but tobe honest i not cry if i not managed to get before someday its happen if you not expect it.
    The only reason i not play mutch lower content because its not give any marks to even buy someting you need sometimes i do low content for fun and thats it.
    1 thing do people really need 300+sp to play sucsessfully content i say no you not need 300 todo something even my troll and dps with 185sp do lot i not have problems to pass any content with that with friends invites i do most carbage with them and passing all endgame our teams not have single wipe all go smooth but PUG groups are different story.

I see ppl with 280sp not get invites in LFG they say you too low i want to say get lost People think that high sp give some bonus to pass content then i say you too laizy to press buttons
  4. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i wonder what would happen if we wished for a broken game.
    • Like x 1
  5. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

What I hear from you, and many like you is it only DPS matter. What about the roles? They dont matter? You agree there are a ton of options available for DPS to help them survive, yet you want a gravy train of easy to beat content where roles are not only not encouraged, but some artificial mechanic replaces the roles, so that DPS can pew pew, this instead of content that encourages responsibility for ones own survival, as well as support role development.

Yes, arguably que times would be a little longer for DPS. I have taken several breaks from this game over the years, one game I have played while away is FF online, they have this exact issue. Typically the DPS que time is about twice as long as a support role, but do you know what these longer que times help encourage? Roles. One big difference is, you are locked in to the que an instance as the role you que as, so you cant que as tank or heal and jump to DPS.

The system is still broken. Nothing has really been fixed by the role less buff, it simply has allowed a far less number of support roles to be developed.

Thanks for agreeing that the role less buff could be done away with, and players could learn to lean on stuff already in game, and still survive and beat content. I'll take that as a win.

:)
  6. VariableFire Loyal Player

A little longer...hours to never is not "a little."
    • Like x 1
  7. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Guess you missed all the post on the Forums where I talked about the Controller role.

I don't want the gravy train for DPSes...... but it does not matter what I want.... DPSes will still go pew pew pew despite what I want.

And the fact that there are more options does NOT mean people will use those options.
    Once you KNOW people do NOT use the options available..... do you keep on being mule headed and keep on offering those same options no one uses?? or do you change your approach and offer a different option??

Longer queue encourage Roles??? Really??
    It did NOT do so BEFORE the roleless buff was added to the game.

Why do you think that all of a sudden longer queue time would encourage roles all of a sudden???

Anyone who was here BEFORE the roleless buff was added KNOW that longer queue times..... does NOT encourage people to play roles. We saw it first hand.

Again.... even if ALLL the DPSes switched to playing role.... they system does NOT work because there still would NOT be the same amount of each role.

Not sure why it seems like rocket science....
    For the system to WORK..... you need the SAME amount of EACH role.

The system is flawed at the core.
    There is no way you can have the same amount of each.
    There is no way that players will chose the same proportion of Healer power... Tank power and Troll power.
    Not sure what they were thinking when they came up with this system on 1-1-1-1 or 2-2-2-2....... but they failed at basic math when they did so.

If you have 100 players.... you need 25 of each role for everyone to be able to complete their missions.

But if you have 50 DPS.... 25 Healers... 15 Tanks and 10 Trolls.....
    Once the 10 Trolls are done playing you are left with NO Trolls for the 5 Tanks...... 15 Healers...... and 40 DPSes left who still need to play their missions.

And even if the 40 DPSes switch to role.... you still would not have the same number of each role.
    So even if ALL the DPSes could play a role..... once all the Trolls are done with their missions..... everyone else would be left with NO Troll and could not play their missions.

Not sure how to explain it any better.

The roleless buff is a necessary evil.
    The biggest issue right now is that they nerfed the Trolls so much that the roleless buff gives back more power then if you have a Troll in the group.
    • Like x 4
  8. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

FIESTY ARENT WE?

The que system would simply need to be altered to pull any and all roles in for alerts, regardless of role. BOOM!!! No long que times for DPS, you would be allowed to enter and run as you please... minus the buff.

Players in such a system would be responsible for their own survival as well as that of the group, so altering their load outs, something the stat revamp allows without having to respec, to include a shied for example, would be very feasible. There are other things which I have previously stated could be used that have been developed in game, which you agree has INCREASED our chances of survival. If players elected not to use them, that's on them.

Players could swap to roles if they struggled running as 4 dps, armories allow this. Doing so would allow players to gain experience playing as a support role, some players may actually find support roles more of a challenge, more fun, electing to pursue that game experience, thus eliminating some of the demand for such roles, especially end game raids...

Its NOT a necessary EVIL, it IS a chosen EVIL.

With out demand, limited content for roles to play in, there will always be limited supply end game forever and always of support roles, and those players playing those roles, will not be experienced because the content didn't allow them to develop.
  9. xxOMNIPOTENTxx Committed Player

The logic here doesn't add up, this is what gear progression allows the players to do. As it stands now, at CR 202, I can easily be smashed by the NPC's in an instance like HH, where the NPCs are in the lower 100's. Before the revamp, I couldn't really one shot the adds per say, but it was very simple to complete the raid on my own if needed. Took about 30 seconds to KO a boss, but it was more than doable.

Fast forward to post revamp, and the same instance has adds in there that can take you out very easily if they gang up on you. Lets not even discuss the amount of damage the bosses do to you versus your damage output against them.

CR differential has to have some type of effect in this game, otherwise there's no reason to have gear progression. As it stands now, you've effectively killed any desires for high CRs to go back and help low CRs since it seems that our progression isn't relative to the instance. It's also killer for those that need to finish style feats in lower instances.
    • Like x 6
  10. xxOMNIPOTENTxx Committed Player

Please tell me you're joking? If not, you're probably in the serious minority with this mindset. For those of us that have families and careers, the last thing we want to do is to run an instance nearly 5 tiers below us and it take nearly an hour to complete.
    • Like x 4
  11. Mizz iZ Well-Known Player

I as well, am concerned about support roles. It's obvious that we need a tank. It's less obvious that we need a healer. And finally, I don't think we need a controller.(A slight exaggeration.)

I was looking forward to the roles being a needed part of running content because our community has become disengaged. I thought that making roles matter would help change that...
  12. Margus New Player

In PUG groups are very dependent on DPS if i do SW SJ if dps in gruop low i have to switch but common come play role instead asking roles to switch to dps is stupid go use your DPS on dailys but not ask dedicated role switch to DPS because ppl not smart enought what debuff meas its go fast same speed down if i have to play dps common guys its not game i like to play role instead dps because DPS role is more dumb to play instead role
  13. Kestral Committed Player

Is there any news on how soon for this^. I want to respec both roles again for the ## time since the revamp and just not willing to sit through the seizure flashes again.
    • Like x 2
  14. Control Creed Well-Known Player

Or... just get rid of damage penalty for roles. Just a thought.

P.S. most people already use roleless option for queue for alerts. That's already a thing and the queues on that side are pretty bad too. Honestly there is no solution as long as burn is a faster solution to finish an instance compared to debuffs. If they adjust debuffs to be more effective than a dps loadout then dps will complain, there really is no solution to too few trolls.
  15. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

I hope this includes an attempt to get the team to look at the feats themselves. There are quite a number of feats that are ridiculously grindy that make zero sense. These can be found across several DLCs/Episodes. Playing the bottled duos as many times as it requests and hunting down the Central City bounty targets, for example, require an extremely strenous grind in content that every player will out-level the need to keep going in there/running objectives long before completing these feats. Feats like these need to be either severely reduced, or split into more feats with more specific goals that can be fully expected to be completed for the relevant period of time a player would be in content per release.

With SPs being much more important now, the grind is that much more dissuading to players and ensure that they take up the bad habit of completely ignoring feats.

You may also want to make better sense of feats when it comes to the potential for feats to be completed through regular play. The 'four corners' feat in the Assault and Battery raid is one such example where the requirement is so random and detrimental to the group's success that the chances of a feat like this being triggered in randomly queued content is near zero. Are players really going to want to sacrifice cash for respawn repairs for another player, especially if one player has the feat already? Compared to say, changing it to something like a survival feat where x boss is defeated with nobody in the party getting KOd (encourages efficient, cooperative play, etc)?

Another thing that would help players is prominently marking/signalling to players tier vendors for their current tier. You always want players to know where they need to go. The robot vendor shenanigans of recent episodes were absolutely atrocious. At this point it might be better to just have a single tier vendor that automatically shows the player tier gear (in the display) for their current tier, and replicate that vendor in each of the faction HQ's 3 wings. (You can keep the classic iconic npc vendors - just update the display tube and gear listing). A bit of fanfare when a player hits a new tier would also help folks out. Get them to immediately want to run off to check out the new vendor update and set goals to start knocking out shiny, relevant gear.
    • Like x 1
  16. MastersGL New Player

A suggestion for the feats, would be to make them trackable, like any mission.

It's nice to hear that the overall feedback is being taken seriously though.
  17. OG party New Player

PvP Needs a ton of fixing!!!! Healers and Atomic Tanks are unkillable. You have made pvp even worse. Due to this bs in about ready to quit this game it's ridiculous. Fix Pvp!!!!
  18. Margus New Player

if to look STEAM stats for this game that every DLC or major update wipe out players last year this tima had 2000 ppl peak Amazon fury part 3 wiped out nearly hundreds of players then next month gained like 90 if to look steam players stats then every new CAPSULE and DLC kick out from game lot players tho.
    They not lost players from AGE OF JUSTICE because content to get marks is really ok + 2 maps for dailys 2 alerts.
    They lose players if these kids have to pay because kids not have money.
    To me is fine if feats is unlockabe with money like replays or with cretain amount marks or some sort currency because some feats are redicilus to get and super grindish maybe 1 feat takes serval months.
    Currently play only 1100 steam users seems revamp not wiped out yet steam players.
  19. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

I've suggested that as well.

Other thoughts:

Why do we have a damage penalty at all when our gear has less might, less precision already?

Why is there no role less buff if the group is all support roles (a boost in damage)?

As far as adjusting the debuffs to be more effective than a DPS load out... well they did that with troll didn't they?!?! The role less buff for Troll puts out far more power than even the best troll.

Sad, really. Killing the roles so PEW PEW PEW LIVES.
  20. xxOMNIPOTENTxx Committed Player

This is already active and working properly on the test server.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.