Producer's Letter: State of the Stats Revamp!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Katnikov, Aug 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Athena191 Level 30

Thank you so much!!!! This news was exactly what I wanted to hear!!!! So Happy, thank you!!!
  2. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

It looks bad in LFG because LFG moves at a snails pace right now.

Practically no one uses the queue it seems.... and barely anyone used LFG.

So 1 message out of 2 in LFG is a Gold Spammer because barely anyone uses LFG it seems. :(
    • Like x 3
  3. sharpy36 Active Player

I don't believe in coincidence. Thanks! =]
  4. Joybird Committed Player

Thanks especially for the ability to spend multiple points at once. I was actually pulling out my controller, so I didn't need to move my pointer back and forth. :)

There are two things that I really like that I'm disappointed to hear. First, I really like that older content is hard again for my CR 195 character. It makes going back to do achievements/get styles actually kind of interesting. I played Area 51 last night, and it was actually fun. It also makes levelling more interesting, because a single high-level character made all content trivial to the point where I couldn't even hit things before they died. I like that they feel challenging now. After all, this is supposed to be a game, and games should be challenging.

Second, please don't improve roleless buffs. All that does is create 4 dps groups, because that becomes the ideal group set up. After all, if you can play 4 dps, why wouldn't you? It makes the content much faster. This in turn makes roles less valuable, and they're already rare enough.

Thank you for all of the changes. I think the new game is awesome, and I spent a lot of time playing last night for the first time in a while. Keep up the good work!
  5. Vibro New Player

Earth 3? omfg will be awersome !!!
  6. Cjmd74 Active Player

So apparently the cool news I heard was the current OP got some of level up buff, so highest cr is now 206, meanwhile, those who busted their tails to get the Starro OP gear got the shaft *thumbs up* Thx Daybreak
    • Like x 1
  7. Cjmd74 Active Player

For that, I just use my keyboard, arrow key down to the stat, put my controller on the space bar, and let it go to work on its own lol
  8. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Starro OP gear is different, it scaled and didn't have fixed stats.
  9. hsngrms New Player

I bought many games but this is the first game that I bought membership so I really love this game. However I seriously think one thing nowadays: This game should be easier to play / level. More precisely it should be more understandable and it has to have less non-useful details.

Deeply understanding this game and its mechanics is time consuming and not every player have tons of time. Sometimes we just want to chill out.

I don't mean to leveling up with money/marketplace items. MMORPGs are generally "pay to quick level up" or "pay to be a god" games, I like the fact that DCUO is not one of them. Buying membership gives some advantages but it is not meant you are going to be a god. So this situation should be continue.

I mean this game should be more lean (like lean production in automotive industry).

i.e. If I didn't look this forum when having difficulties, I would have already left the game. So If you didn't read any forum or wiki, you know nothing even when you are level 30.
  10. Red Ringlight Dedicated Player

Given the fact that the devs have the actual metadata of what all of the players are doing vs. your personal anecdote of what you and a few friends of yours believe, I would say that it is highly likely that you are dead wrong on this.

On that I could not disagree with you more. People in support of the "facerolling" have posted that they "want to feel strong".

Well, that should not come at the expense of lower CR players who are playing the game in instances at their level for advancement being reduced to being less than a sidekick. Before the Revamp, there would be times when I would enter an Alert or other instance with some high-CR player and they would literally one-shot their way to the boss without me ever being able to take down even one lowly mob.

Even the Burt Ward version of Robin was treated with more respect than that. (RIP Adam West) It isn't fun for people playing at the lower CRs at all when people rudely faceroll their way through content. I'm not paying a subscription to watch someone else go through instances in god-mode. That is more boring than watching TV. I and others want to actually get to PLAY the game. I am thankful that the devs listened to us and did their awesome work on the Stats Revamp.

11. taox New Player

What you guys should do is let the tiers have the ability to only que up with other tiers. Example if a t8 wishes to run a raid with other t8 and/or t7 then they should have that option. If the lower tiers are complaining about finishing raids too quickly then they can que up with others in their tier or invite higher tiers.
    • Like x 1
  12. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

What did players do before the role less buff was added?

Plus there are a ton more options now that help increase survivability, supply drops, enhanced colas, sidekicks, orbital strikes, heck even the stat revamp, should I continue?!?!
  13. JasonIsley Devoted Player

This is why people make friends in game. If I can't find a tank in LFG, I can look at my friend list and ask someone I know has a tank. And 9/10 they will come to help even if they've already played because they know I will do the same for them. It's called being a positive community.
    • Like x 1
  14. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

so wait a second, you think they are going to add completely new styles to. . . the. . . vault?

15. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Before the roleless buff was added..... people had the problems I mentioned.
    Which is WHY the roleless buff was added.

There was not the same ammount of players for each role.

If there was less Troll.... the Trolls would enter right away and would be able to get their missions done right away.

If there was more Healer..... some Healers would do their mission quick..... but once there was no more Trolls...... tough luck... try again tomorrow.

Same with Tank.

DPS was the worst of all because there was sooooooo many DPS compared to the roles.
    So queueing as DPS was taking forever.

Or DPSes would queue as DPS and as a Role........ but had no intention to play the Role.
    They would stay as DPS in the mission.

The imbalance with the role..... the fact that there was not the same amount of each role is why the roleless buff was added to begin with.

The roless buff was added because the system did NOT work the way it was originally implemented.
    And now people want to go back to a system we KNOW does NOT work.

Yes... there are a lot of options to increase survivability.
    But..... do DPSes actually use those options??

Many DPSes are so focused on damage that all they want to have in their loadout is something that can do damage.
    Did you ever try suggesting to DPSes to maybe have a Shield in their loadout??
    Heck there was a thread not too long ago where suggesting to use a Shield was seen as a waste if you were DPS.

Yes there are options... but options that most DPSes don't use.
    Heck even when they do use Supply Drop.... they don't use it to heal themselves.
    They use it as soon as the fight starts to increase their damage output.

Should I continue??
    • Like x 1
  16. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I had built a friend list a mile long the first..... year and a half?? I played the game.
    Sadly all my friends left the game with OC.

Then I rebuilt my friends list.
    And they all left with GU47.

I was not going to rebuild my list.... but some of the Forum posters I met in the game were such a pleasure to play with that I added them to my friends list.... and started rebuilding my friend list once more.... but only have a handfull of friends at this point.

There are people who lost their friends for various reasons....
    or just don't have friends for various reasons.

Good for you if you have nice friends or a nice League.

Not everyone is you. ;)

Not everyone is me either. ;)
    • Like x 3
  17. JasonIsley Devoted Player

True.
    • Like x 1
  18. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Of course it is true.

My buttt never lie. ;) ;)
  19. Cjmd74 Active Player

Oh for sure, it was great to be able to just walk into Gates and floor everything within 8 minutes or less. But honestly, how many times do you do it before it's stupid being fun? Am I right?

Personally, I'm glad that while I can still walk in, to solo it, it took me 51 mins. Lol even moreover, I can take lower tier friends and leaguemates in and show them how it's supposed to be done without me wrecking shop before they can get anything done.
    • Like x 3
  20. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

What about fixing the issues with the troll role? Instead of adjusting its buff for the alerts, how about either making it impossible to dps stack for both levels of group play, or put the troll role back to how it was before AM?

Bring back double ticking POT, and bring back the occasional power heal burst for power return in addition to the regular power back from weapon attacks?

The idea was to remove the need for a troll to be pure battery, and make the troll role more troll capable right? What happened with that plan?
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.