Producer's Letter: State of the Stats Revamp!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Katnikov, Aug 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Annamaniac Level 30

I totally agree with what this person is saying. I've been playing for 4 years now & am just new to making myself heard on the forums. So I'm committed to this game for a number of reasons & I completely agree with their concerns & recomendations.
  2. Annamaniac Level 30

I beg to differ on that. You just need to find the right load out for your toons to use. Yes I have both powers too & I have to find out what works best. Give it some more time & play around with the different powers you have to choose from. You'll find something. Most of my friends that are these powers do good dmg already & have offered to help me with my load out but I would like to see if I can figure out something myself. Keep at it.
  3. Belthazur Dedicated Player

OK to Quote Star Wars "You were Supposed to Bring BALANCE not Tear it Apart"
    What I meant by taking those 2 Powers into consideration is that the Powers are NOT Balanced as Promised.
    • Like x 2
  4. JasonIsley Devoted Player

I agree they need to be looked over, something isn't right there.
    • Like x 3
  5. GarrickTheFlash New Player

Can you guys address the issue worth the legends of today feat please.
  6. GarrickTheFlash New Player

So why did revamp remove the power over time mechanic got electric's invigorate and then give that exact same mechanic to water.
  7. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Does it say you've collected all emblems for that feat?
  8. sweetbabysabes Active Player

They didn't take long to launch this horrible revamp, so why are we waiting so long for it to be somewhat adjusted? Just ran T5 Dox with 2 healers, 1 atomic tank, 3 dps and 2 trolls. Lowest 165, highest 204. Wiped 2 times. then decided to try and knock out each one individually, still died, trolls struggle to push power to us. Heals are not what they should be. I'm not a hardcore gamer, not stupid to mechanics, but when I'm blocking with a cr of 197, I don't think they should be 3 shotting me. This is sad, not fun, not balanced. I feel like I'm playing a test game before launch. How bout fix this, b4 we launch more content. I spent almost 3 hours qued, and In lfg for group, just to get something that old to pop. No-one wants to run these.
    • Like x 8
  9. Tarif Committed Player

At this point Id like to say that many, many older players do not feel like we are playing a super hero game anymore at all. This feels like a piece of stat clamped content. Dps has been lowered horribly across the board, even compared to the times BEFORE the CR differential, AM, and WMs were ever implemented. OUR STATS ACTUALLY MATTERED then. More than anything like what we are seeing now. Powers arent anywhere near balanced. All you have to do is look to nature or earth "battle tanks" with half the skill points out dps-ing people that have double their own. Content that we have grown through, for the progression of our characters, is now long, drawn out and tedious, BUT IT ALSO feels like Our stats that we have earned in game and as paying cxustomers- In a Game that has always been about our CHARACTERS GROWTH AND PROGRESSION - has been taken away. I have supported and loved this game as a customer and a very active player for 5+ years, and now Im on for dailies, and thats enough for me. Im that let down. We wanted the cr differential gone, and our stats to actually matter, not a Nerf. We earned the growth and progression in game that we made, and that we paid for as customers paying for memberships, replay badges, market place items, and putting in the work for feats. Ive been vocal because this is not the stats matter revamp many of us fought to get. Ive been vocal and supported this game as a customer because I really do not want to walk away from it like so many are ready to do. This does not feel like a super hero game anymore. It feels like Im at work running over time I was forced into. Thats hasnt left alot of us too happy.
    • Like x 5
  10. Tarif Committed Player

Im hoping they get this fixed fast. I did not pay as a customer into this game for 5+ years, and build every skill point Ive earned in game to not feel or see the growth and progression of my character. Im sorry Mepps and a small minority feel that way, but the rest of us are NOT feeling like we are playing in a super hero game anymore at all. EVEN compared to before the CR differential, Advanced mechanics, or weapons mastery eras were implemented. This just feels like one huge Nerf, that has taken away everything I have earned in game and have paid for as a customer. Why progress or give you any of my mney further if your going to continue to do this? Please fix our stats to actually reflect the actual time, gwowth, and money we paid in support of this game for our characters to advance. This right now, is a mess. Drawn out, tedious, and our stats are not mattering much at all. When I see nature spams and earth tanks out dps-ing very skilled players that have double their skill points you think thats balance? Please, fix the growth and progression our characters have worked for in game, and THAT WE PAID FOR AS CUSTOMERS. MAKE OUR STATS ACTUALLY MATTER.
    • Like x 4
  11. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Stats Revamp is great, many of this people "complaining" that they don´t feel like a "superhero" just because they cant one shot enemies in lower content anymore or wait until they outgeared instaces to get the feats that made them "great" doesn´t mean that the Revamp is a fail.

Keep doing some tweks here and there to fine tuning the Revamp, but please don´t pay attention to this people who want the game dumbed down again.
    • Like x 2
  12. Yondu Udontaa New Player

A simple suggestion, for skill point gain on the issue of Feats... could you just add a few more tabs to the On Duty Menu, ones specifically for "Feat Groups". My biggest problem with Feats, is the group will go in wanting to just run the mission and wont or dont want to take the time to get valuable Feat points to gain SP. This way those of us trying to build up SP on Feats, can run normal missions but with the understanding that we are their for Feats specifically.

I know many will say you just have to announce and it would be redundant to add more tabs but 80% of the time at least, most groups just ignore my request to slow down and get all the mission Feats.

You could add some more Solo Quests like Contacts with SP as rewards rather than Marks of Victory.

Either way, I am enjoying the system you have in place, keep up the good work.
  13. xxOMNIPOTENTxx Committed Player

FAIL. I get nearly EVERY feat at related CR window. The players that I run with are typically the same way, so I'm not sure where and what you're basing your comments on.
    • Like x 5
  14. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Based on the fact that i know many players on the "300 SP Club" that are really mediocre at the game and had to rely on CR differential and AM bonus Dmg to get feats done.
    • Like x 1
  15. Lodestone Active Player

Well i personaly dont have issues with ice, after a bit of tuning my cr112/159 ice toon has no problems to blast through highest content i can enter like before revamp. Tank is beast and dps feels good. But omg what happened with MENTAL, maybe its me but im not able to get decent dammage numbers. Literally every time i log in i try out different loadouts, looking youtube for tip's, even watch to test revamp video's to see if im missing something. No succes, its not that i have difficulty finishing end contest, but im underperforming badly qua stats. Feel free to give imput on that. To end, Thumbs up for revamp and keep working on it guys. Peace
  16. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

I know of a certain 'elite' league that is full of them, lol.
    • Like x 1
  17. Tarif Committed Player

They kind of have that already. Its called FORMING A GROUP. Im not going to play and support this game for 5+ years and earn everything I did in game to actually get my character more powerful to be taken away because of a very small minority of elitist players or people that do not want to form their own groups with like minded players. That literally means that every dollar I paid into this game through replays, the market place, time capsules, and for my legendary memberships has meant absolutely nothing- in a game that HAS ALWAYS BEEN ABOUT THE GROWTH AND PROGRESSION OF OUR CHARACTERS. Our stats are not mattering and powers and roles are very imbalanced. Support roles now have the POWER stat that they need to function, just conveniently getting a free dps stat along with it. Dps are clamped in our mods, gear, how much damage they can do, and with a mitigated clamp with content when there is one dps over a determined number. 14% Decrease in our damage. Even our mods have gone from 60% damage as a dps to 10%, and our infinity mods for earning elite gear are now set at 1% and 1 more % respectively. No clamping for support roles that have access to dps stats? They are playing a specific support role for a reason, they want access to dps stats they need to play dps or put what SPs they have to spare later in that stat like the rest of us have to. This isnt balance. Our Stats need to matter a whole lot more than they are mattering right now. This is a mess. There was nothing like this in game even before the cr differential. Our stats actually mattered then, and they are nerfed now.
    • Like x 3
  18. Plowed In Loyal Player

You could try this out:

Get a group together to run WC/SJ. Run it multiple times with everyone speccing 100sp, then 125sp, then 150sp, etc. Keep the players and roles the same to control those differences.

Skill points do matter(...stats), especially once you start hitting the percentage increases.
    • Like x 1
  19. Tarif Committed Player

Ive played before the cr differential, before am/ and w/m.

Powers are horribly imbalanced, among other things. Ice is one of the worst. No matter the load out or SPs right now. I have 308. He is not wrong. Support Roles are horribly also out of balance right now. The only thing that made a dps unique as a role, was his or her dps stats. Now support roles get that role specific stat pretty much for free when they purchase power to effectively play their own roles.

Dps are also now clamped in content. We get a 14% damage reduction if there are more dps in content for any dps over the pre-determined number. Base mods have gone from a 60% damage increase down to 10%. Our affinty mods now only allot of 1% for having the mods in place and for two pieces of elite gear. The next level, we now only get another whopping 1% for the next two elite items.

Nature and earth are putting out three and four times the damage as other powers. No matter the load out, SPs, or skill. Support roles now have access to the DPS Role's main stat for power and hybrid players, and yet they do not have any of the clamps and damage reductions we have in content for the dps role right now. This is why we are seeing widespread "Battle Support" roles in game. If people dont want to play support roles, they can simply spec into their dps build, not just have a battle support role with our main role's stat for free with none of our restriction right now. Its bad, any many people are not happy. Not one bit.
    • Like x 5
  20. NightSpells New Player

I miss the game I used to play . Before revamp . One day it may return . Then so will I .
    • Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.