Producer's Letter: State of the Stats Revamp!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Katnikov, Aug 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I miss the double tick PoT too.

But too many did not get/understand how PoT works.

How many Trolls did you see who did not give out power at all because they had no clue what PoT even was??
    Even trying to explain it..... many still don't understand it after words.

So I can understand them dumbing down the PoT.

As for the plan to remove the Troll from being pure battery??

Pretty mush EPIC fail.

Been a long time since I had to spam power dump this much.
    • Like x 3
  2. NightSpells New Player

Hoping the tweaks to the revamp . Will give my ice guy that op feel back . The revamp kicked me in the teeth and I haven't recovered . So please , return my ice guy to what he was .
    • Like x 2
  3. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

Double ticking boiled down to experience..which turns into skill. I blame the current generation as the vast majority are, "I want it now."

Still waiting on a dev response to them scrapping the plan to make trolls more troll capable...all they did was increase the need to make them pure battery. Just read the pre release testing feedback, about regen power cost, and weakness. As well as other issues trolls are currently having on live. Dont even know why the the testing and feedback was created...it went mostly ignored.
    • Like x 1
  4. Kmaallday New Player

Not trying to go off subject ..but I must express how I feel I've been playing this game for a very long time and I've grinded to get where I was to only have the revamp nerf me to less than half of damage i had been putting out and so on. I'm not happy that fire is all ways just like a power that is overlooked since day one I've been fire and the revamp has made fire a joke nature is op as all hell and the only good thing is fire has a shield and a decent pull as a tank now which should have been there from the jump. Do you understand the physics of how powerful fire really is yet in this game it's more or less a lame power laughing stock of all elements wow ...it's got me very frustrated to see that the revamp just made it more messed up thank you for listening and not listening at the same time I've been grinding this game since a tad bit before 11/11
    • Like x 4
  5. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

so ah....when are we going to get the actual stats revamp and not this broken mess of a joke?
    • Like x 3
  6. Alibaba New Player

hey there mepps and the devs etc, ive been here since beta and i wanted to let u know that taking out immunity was kinda shocking, when u need immunity in pve and pvp. can u tell me why u made these changes?
  7. Shaghrat New Player

But seriously you didn't notice that on this revamp there is a shitstorm? And that just return the Cr differential damage (maybe just studied better, for example get 10% bonus on stats every 10/20 point of cr) can adjust the balance and make a lot of people happier?

Think about this. Same mecchanic of now, just everyone (pg and png) get 10% bonus every 20 point of CR give me a 100% bonus at cr 200, as the others, but give me a 10% bonus of advantage on pg and png with cr 180-199, 20% on cr 160-179. It's not a lot, but make the difference with older enemies and newer pg.

Think about it, it can be a really good idea.

I hope that someone of high plans read this, and maybe give a reply about if is a good idea or why it is not.
    • Like x 2
  8. Kestral Committed Player

Fun little tid-bit my group found out. Try picking up a exploding barrel and using it again. I know they used to be trash but now they dole out a significant chunk of dmg in legends (I guess due to high weaponization rating now???) but whatever legends PVE runs are being completed in a 1/3 of the time we were previously taking for the same match by saving them for the boss'
    • Like x 1
  9. Isif Committed Player

Yeah kinda bummed over trolling since the changes. Asked for a reassurance of no autopot during Office Hours and of course the devil was in the details. After experiencing trolling as it is on live, I believe that instant power is the reason why the "battery" ethos still exists. PoT executable by all powers gives power back a sloppy feel. PoT with no instant means that you cannot be mistaken for a battery. The previous timing of 24ish seconds is destroyed by every power firing PoT. It does solve the issue of having an inexperienced Troll who may not know exactly how PoT works.
  10. Kestral Committed Player

Yeah sadly though it solves it by changing at base what a Controller is. I chose a Quantum troll as my alt because I figured it's just like being a healer except you look at power bars instead of health bars and occasionally get to do other stuff in a match like be responsible for pulls or timers etc..

Now I don't really have any desire to play that character at all because if my goal is to provide power the only way to do that is to spam the ONE move I have that gives instant power (not a supercharge). If you want it for the controlling aspects only I guess you just constantly have debuffs on everything and just generally be a wasted dps spot. Even when i'm healing i'm no longer concerned when our only Troll goes down in a raid anymore the dps is more valuable than they are which was definitely not the case before the revamp.
    • Like x 2
  11. Isif Committed Player

Troll extinction. Sad days indeed. I hear tanking is fun. :( They over-simplified a role that many thought required little talent to the point where it only requires stats and a pulse to be a good battery. Devs, this can't be what you guys intended. Is it?!
    • Like x 3
  12. ShadowTheHunter Well-Known Player

This is awesome, but could you also look at increasing the drop chances of the epic drops? I've been running the Vault for years and the Journeyman's boots still elude me.
    • Like x 1
  13. NightSpells New Player

This guys post had to get a replay . Id normally be playing dcuo but sadly . I sign on for a few things and I'm done . Wnen I Used to be all over dcuo for hours .
    • Like x 3
  14. Wowlock1903 New Player

I am more concerned about the Que times where you cannot find ANY group for earlier raids or even alerts for 2 hours or more...that is the biggest problem. If I cannot find a group, I cannot play the game and therefore the whole rewamp is meaningless for new players or Alts other than solos and duos...and maybe alerts if you are lucky.

If the older raids take HOURS with HIGH CRs, the completion rate and ques will be drastically lower and therefore will cut the new players' advancement of Marks AND Skill Points that is supposedly more important to have now. I honestly think the ''do feat to get skill points'' system as stupid since in what mmo you would do Achievements to actually make your character stronger other than cosmetic stuff...but that is not the point here. Point is, I hope that these changes can help the queue times because right now, it is painful to be a new player or an alt. Or even a mid-level guy that is stuck before getting to the end-content before Revamp. It is bad enough that game doesn't have borderless window on PC to see if any Queues actually come in because you feel like you have to alt-tab for an hour as no one is doing the lower content anymore because of the changes. And by miracle when one pops out, you don't get any warning of it.

TL:DR.... Better do something to fix the earlier raids and alerts so the stupidly long Queue times get lowered. Otherwise new players and such will leave before they even start after seeing that trainwreck or not even bother to waste their time on the insanely long raids that shouldn't be THAT LONG in the first place...even with the most powerful people helping.
    • Like x 6
  15. Kestral Committed Player

Actually i'm seeing worse que times because...wait for it... no one wants to troll. The only way I finished the last 2 Tier 8 raids I was in when the solo troll decided to leave was to have one of our dps change roles for a sec (they did not have troll gear) wait for the que to give us another dps, and then they switched back. Without this method i've waited over an hour while simultaneously trying to get a troll on lfg to get through raids.
    • Like x 3
  16. Dene Devoted Player

Just an idea on this

Give us new styles with this gear.

Some ideas:

• You do not necessarily need to make it a full style e.g. one themed full style
    • You do not necessarily need to make it a feat
    • You could do similar to style items that drop now, in the vault, like Caps.. T-Shirts.. Boxers..
    • Casual stuff with a twist.. Backward Facing Caps.. Plain Baseball Caps.. Berets..Torn Jeans.. Tight T-shirts.. Casual Boots.. Heels For Female toons etc
    • Like x 1
  17. Kipperjones Level 30

Any chance we could get avatar bombadier in vault on the scaling vault gear update? I joined after it was takin out of the game. And lockboxes have given me all but 2 peices over the course of 3 ish years? And I am a very active player. Please and thank you! :D
    • Like x 1
  18. Kestral Committed Player

Open it, collect the style if you want, granted it's really ugly, then salvage. Your character should remain the same CR level as the gear is not in your inventory.
  19. azarel New Player

Went on to the EU server today and I was shocked at how low the population was on the server been playing since day one and normally Sunday is the day to go on and do alerts old and new as there is always someone wanting to do or revisit something. Did the daily missions then spent 30 mins queuing and nothing's. Devs get some of the fixes out soon or this situation will only get worse.
    • Like x 3
  20. azarel New Player

Plus the broker is empty that's shows how many players are running duos alerts raids when you have spares items go on the broker, at the moment I've seen about 3 or 4 items that I eould love to buy but I don't have a trillion plus change to buy them this is yet another sign that players are not on and if they are they can't do anything as players are not queuing or completing things to get the items
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.