GU73: The Stats Revamp - July 21, 2017

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Jul 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majosea Dedicated Player

fix it for you , it says

i'm going to waste my time not having fun just to (mod)
    • Like x 1
  2. Juiceman936 Well-Known Player

It's so many trades and transactions that go on in this game a players can easily hustle up on the materials needed. I need you guys to be more open minded. I haven't had a problem keeping my 2 toons modded. Don't jump off the deep end. Learn how to work the broker and know when to buy straight from another toon. I don't know how much in game cash yall got but hell if u got 5mil u could keep yourself modded.

Not saying it costs 5mil to mod...
  3. majosea Dedicated Player

the people that against the synthetic mods remove from game have more that just 2 alts just sayin
    • Like x 1
  4. DCUO Addict Committed Player

I can't stress enough how much I think this should be revisited before the revamp goes live. Please reconsider. I can only speak for myself and the friends and leaguemates I've talked to, but I really think you're underestimating how poorly this will be received. You're closing off an entire avenue of how people mod right when those mods are needed the most.

This is just such a shock to introduce less than 48 hours before the revamp hits live. I did a lot of my testing with synth mods in my armor because that's how my DPS armor is on live, given I play mostly non-DPS roles. This isn't just hard on alts; it's also hard on dual-role players and non-DSP players. Even if I usually heal/troll/tank in alerts and raids, I have to keep a DPS armory for solos and duos and to switch in larger content if needed. That was never a problem before, but now it will be more of a struggle.

I craft mods for my main toon's main role. I WANT crafted mods to be worth more than synth mods - by quite a bit. But this decision will negatively impact a lot of players. Synth mods don't disincentivize crafting mods. Without synth mods, you'll just have a lot more characters unmodded, and fewer non-DPS running with fully modded gear since we have to put those mods in our DPS armor to get through solos and duos. Please reconsider it before the revamp hits.
    • Like x 10
  5. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

This^
    • Like x 6
  6. Juiceman936 Well-Known Player

The point of what I'm saying is... If you play all your toons daily then you shouldn't have a problem with modding. Whether you have 2 or 12. If you don't have time to mod all 12 then guess what? You have too many toons my friend
  7. majosea Dedicated Player

ask yourself this how much time i'm losing farming exos vs running content the content is something you pay for access most of time , not farming exos . sounds members got hit too.[IMG]
  8. DCUO Addict Committed Player

I'm surprised by this post, not because of your position, but because I'm used to your posts being well reasoned/supported. What is the reasoning behind calling the synth mods a blight and saying they cause pure laziness? Mods haven't always existed in the game, but for the majority of time that they have, there have been synth mods. What is the negative impact of players having this option? How does this detract from your game experience in any way?

Edit: Those questions are genuine, not snarky.
    • Like x 6
  9. Goddesssilver Well-Known Player

Congratulations dcuo you effectively killed half of whatever population you had in one single stroke.
    • Like x 8
  10. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

Damnit now I have a popcorn craving.
  11. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Lol. You're assuming 3 things right off the bat.

1. You have to be a sub to use the broker (I am, so I don't care, but others are premium).

2. Your ballpark of 5 mil for modding your whole toon is very low. I stack of focusing elements costs well over a million. How many stacks do you need to craft 10 mods? How much do aggressive exobytes go for? And the other mats?

3. You talk about keeping 2 toons modded. Are you including generator mods in that? Are you modding both roles? And since when are you the authority on how many toons we should be able to play? I know a lot of people that like to have 1 of each role at least.
    • Like x 8
  12. light FX Steadfast Player

Exactly right. Just stop giving em attention. None of whats being said is really making any sense anyways. Im always amazed when people think every player out there plays the way they do. Its not the reality, its pure ignorance.
    • Like x 8
  13. Shark Dental Devoted Player

That's totally fine. I don't think we're against the concept of crafting at all. If the devs reduced the amount of mats to make them more palatable (or let you craft additional mods after unlocking the feat for 1/3 the price for example) that would help. As it is, they keep making decisions to push people further and further away from playing alts.

It's almost as if they have this idea that players spend more money when using only 1 toon. I don't understand how that can be true. Wouldn't you think that having more alts would increase the amount of time people spend on the game without getting burnt out? Excessive grinding (note: excessive) takes away any fun of playing content. Can I go back and hunt for feats or just have some fun looking for a gear style, etc.? No! Because if I don't run every relevant instance, every day, with multiple toons, I can't even get into an end-game SM group or Elite raid.

Have you run Elite content in the revamp yet Proxy? (I don't mean that as an accusatory question, but rather an inquiry only) If left as is, people asking for your SP (not yours per se, lol) will be the least of your problems. At least you can lie about SP. Mods can be checked in a heartbeat. And you can bet they will be required if you want to run any kind of support role in end game.

TL;DR - You're right, the concept of crafting is great. The devs just need to reduce the mats needed. Will it happen? Nope. So we are where we are.

Alts suck in this game.
  14. Goddesssilver Well-Known Player

Even if they reduce the amount of mats required for crafting that helps only legendary people. Premiums are sol which is gonna kill alot of the left over population and any money they make off of premiums. What the developers need to do is price all required parts below 2k ok 2k at the most no higher then the problem would be solved.
    • Like x 1
  15. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

So are you guys trying to attract people or repel people? I had such high hopes for this revamp. I hate this removal of synthetic mods crap.
    • Like x 9
  16. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Seriously! Any time the relationship between the population and the devs starts to hit a groove, a Molotov cocktail get chucked into the middle for no apparent reason.
    • Like x 9
  17. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

At least leave the synth 6 mods, they are really useful for alts.
    • Like x 4
  18. Shark Dental Devoted Player

It's their way of making sure everyone is awake.

Seriously, though, buck up, little camper. They have a good rep (remember when AoJ launched and it sounded pretty much like this on the forums?) lately of making changes based on our feedback. So they might do it again. That would be such a wonderful gesture of harmony and unity between our two bands.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  19. Mr. Awesome Well-Known Player

And the reason for the removal of synthetic mods becomes alarmingly and disappointingly clear....
    • Like x 2
  20. SilkyPawz Bunny

It makes no logic Proxy,

They then need to reduce the grind for R&D make them account bound, give more essence for salvaged gear 1 for green, 2 for blue, 3 for purple. People have lots of alts they like playing on, I understand your argument but there has to be a better transition then just ripping the band-aid off.. Mepps posted to be at top tier you need the top tier mods, but instead you will have a bunch of people running around with No mods or Beta mods.

The mods can be sold at the broker why can't essence be account bound then? The TC ruined the economy for exobytes an I feel this is their answer which isn't the best one.

What if the only gear that needed mods would be Purple and Vendor gear, that would cut down the grind?
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.