These changes were dumb

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by PolishEagle, Jun 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Shh.... you spoiled it ;)
  2. xD25x Dedicated Player

This is coming from the player who spouts off nonsense of how more intelligent he is in RL. Just a heads up. This is a forums about dc universe online and........I'm still a better player. Take your bitter act somewhere else or GG.
  3. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Yeah and the game does not get any better or worse no matter how "good" or terrible you are - but the match starts any minute now, so you have to make a fool of yourself on your own now. But from all your previous posts, I'm totally convinced you get that done, kid. /thumbs up
  4. JasonIsley Devoted Player

The TC gear is bugged last I heard, it's supposed to be counting for that feat in addition to the vendor gear.
    • Like x 2
  5. xD25x Dedicated Player

It's ok little man I'm sure you will try trolling the forums later and will just get bodied again. But I applaud your efforts. I haven't seen a troll try this hard in awhile.
  6. xD25x Dedicated Player

So because you cant put out 5 fires or stop 6 npc's you now feel like quitting? 6 years of time spent on your toon. What's your sp at? Did you knock out those elite feats yet? How about all the reg feats? Seems to me that's there's alot to do. At least for now.
    • Like x 1
  7. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Can you 2 jackwads put your peckers away? Stop being toxic. Thanks.
    • Like x 7
  8. Harlequin Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  9. willflynne 10000 Post Club

When others actually start talking or even try to communicate, I'll consider it. ;)

Players in this game seem averse to communicating in general. The number of times I've had someone actually talk to me before sending a league invitation over the years is less than 10, and on the occasions I do group up (usually seasonal instances and the Stabilizer duo) I barely get a reaction or response when I offer up something as simple as a /salute emote at the end. And that's if I can manage to type in the emote command before the person/group leaves.

It's tough to be social when others don't seem all that inclined to be social in the first place.
    • Like x 7
  10. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Now take a second and think about that. Exactly where are you going to stick open world missions in Gotham or Metropolis that are designed for players in the 190s and up that would not mean that players under level 30 are not going to stumble onto them and die in a heart beat?

At this point they pretty much have to create new zones for that sort of thing or else they drive any new players away.
    • Like x 5
  11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Plus some of the areas that aren't populated in the open world tend to be where the devs place the seasonal open world spawns. It would be a disaster waiting to happen if they tried placing top tier missions in those spots.
  12. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

RIGHT.... now without spending 87 replay to do a raid over more than 1 time a week that means we have exactly 2 alerts and 2 daily missions (one in each zone) we can do a day. WOW I am overwhelmed by the amount of content... especially after suffering for 2 straight months with nothing to do but starro which had..

4 daily missions in ONE zone (less travel time)

a DUO, an ALERT and a RAID. Plus a trio of weekly missions

NOW if you want something else to do to occupy your time you can always spend 87 replays and go defeat 411 soldiers in Area 51. Spend another 87 replays and you can defeat 411 soldiers in the war torn zone, and if you spend another 87 replays you can join the masses attacking Grundy, Eclipso, Gentleman Ghost and Ultra Human.

Funny isn't it? We had 1 weekly mission attached to AF3 and you didn't even have the option to replay it. Of the 3 weekly missions during the Starro event only battling Starro himself when he showed up in the Deluge zone could be replays (for 87 replays) But NOW.... Hey if your willing to shell out a huge amount of real cash to buy the replays you can do anything.

Oh by the way... while you sort of can do any of those new weekly missions solo.. its a lot easier and faster on a TEAM. So basically what they did was lower the cost of gear (some what) and made it a whole lot harder to get War Bonds unless you replay stuff over and over and over.
    • Like x 7
  13. light FX Steadfast Player

That was fixed today. I got the chronon particle feat and got an OP collection from the ultimate soldier raid this morning. Im guessing ya missed the hotfix notes :p

Its always been amazing to me that people play a MMO (massive multi-player) game and somehow dont like group content. Yes this is probably not the game for you then. I see WoW was mentioned too. Not comparable at all. If u have played WoW then ya know what i mean ;) Not going into a big explanation. Lets just say replay badges play a big part. And WoW doesnt have those. This last paragraph wasnt directed at u Emoney, just general speak.

Edit: a league mate just told me they got an OP collection from the war crimes alert. So if ya have the particle chronon feat done the OP collections are dropping.
    • Like x 2
  14. inferno Loyal Player

And I would heartily agree with you but that has NEVER happened in the history of DCUO dlc/episodes. It will never happen as they try to minimize content creation (which takes too much resources) per year - just being honest here. And of course, I hear a lot of complaints on duos because we either get slackers grouped with or other players complain about being grouped with support roles or players just not doing their fair share in a duo.
    Now all we have is 2 alerts to do every day and 2 fairly large open world maps with 20 seconds of activity to do everyday.

And please keep in mind that as many people that like to run alerts and raids there is also a number of players that like running Open World, solos or duos.

What a waste of effort creating these new maps.
    • Like x 1
  15. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

GOOD Point.. and basically anyone above level 10 can do the seasonals so we are right back to a level 10 showing up to take on a season objective and getting one shoted by a CR 198 mob lurking in the same area. Or just as bad.. A CR 190+ hunting desperately for that CR 198 mob to complete the daily mission and can't because a season spawned in that spot so the daily can't.
  16. xD25x Dedicated Player

The starro duo and alert were a joke. It was basically the stabilizer mission. I had 1:30 duo runs and 4 minute alerts. At least these 2 alerts are real alerts. Look I'm not saying I like the changes. I would have rather had gear lowered and the same amount of instances. But I'd rather it this way than to have it the other way. I'm sorry people don't like to play in groups and the devs have designed content for groups.
  17. xD25x Dedicated Player

Wait. Wait. You solo'ed one of the iconics? Or do you mean the 411s?
  18. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Just one daily?

Wow, way to waste your resources there Daybreak.

What's the point of having the open world map if there's just one to two quests?

Congrats, yall had a good system and you fubar'd it because of people crying over the vendor costs.

I'm sorry but when something like the Starro Event which is completely free has more open world dailies to do versus a Paid for Episode, then you're taking your priorities the wrong way entirely.

GJ devs, GJ people complaining.
    • Like x 8
  19. light FX Steadfast Player

Again players were complaining about the 6 month grind. Wanted it shortened. Devs removed dailies which resulted in less to do per day but the 6 month grind remains. How that is the players fault at all i have no idea. Its like people are incapable of seeing the big picture and whats going on lately. I wonder how many people in this thread were really going to log on every single day for the next 6 months and do every piece of daily content? How many intended to run the 1080 dailies during that 6 month period. Cause thats how many it was before it was changed.

And again i think the change was....wrong i guess is the way id say it. A dlc that has the same content that lasted for 3 months before is somehow now intended to last 6 months yet some see no problem there. Same amount of content lasting twice as long because costs were inflated. Not even gonna explain whats wrong with that because its so obvious stevie wonder could see it :p Not to mention that replay badges were devalued before the change. I swear some days its like people wanna pay the same and get less :confused:
    • Like x 3
  20. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Have you actually PLAYED the new stuff? YES I soloed Solomon Grundy with my CR 189 ATOMIC Tank yesterday.. It was a tough battle but I took him down..... And by that I mean I joined about 2 dozen other players all attacking him without JOINING A TEAM and got credit for his defeat. My god there has to have been at least 2 or 3 threads about that ISSUE since this stuff went live two days ago.

You can also defeat 411 Soldiers in Area 51 or the war torn zone without any team mates either BUT it will take you a LONG time to finish.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.