Breaking the Stats Revamp - BROKEN and you won't believe HOW

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by tiempo, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Karasawa Loyal Player

I'm afraid that people are seriously misinterpreting this video. The only thing it shows is that PftT is outperforming Hybrid atm. It does not prove that spamming low cost powers is the best way to DPS.
  2. BumblingB I got better.

They already do x amount based on animation time. I'll use fear gas as an example, it was shortened and now does less damage. It is also based on power cost and cooldown.
    Examples would be:
    Pdart is 0.5 cooldown with a 1sec animation and it is 40-44 base with a 100 power cost.
    Gauss is a 0.5 cooldown with a 1 sec animation with 56-62 base costing 200.
    Cfoam is 3 cooldown with a 1 sec animation and is 60-66 base costing 200.
    EMP is 3 cooldown with a 1 sec animation and is 91-99 base costing 300.

All have different ranges. If Gauss had an infinite power, it would be out performing pdart. I also noticed that I could spam it with the amount of power I had, I will have to test that further. It comes down to it, they set up the power return to work that way.

In the end I think it is a splitting issue and not a power spam issue. Yes, players will go easy route, but the same can be said in Hybrid builds. I remember when spin chop was king. Same with focus spin and focus blast. #goodtimes
    • Like x 1
  3. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

Fire has always suffered from that though. It is back end loaded not bursting throughout like ice. I can see adding a bit more bang for the longer time casting a power if they all were back loaded. Heck I would even be ok if they just made the longer powers hit a bit harder simply because they took longer to pull off but it should still be a consistent amount for balancing issues. If they just did that things would be better off. 100 power cost do x time in x amount of time, 200 do x multiplied by 2.25 (or some other number to make it worth casting the longer power) in x amount of time, 300 do x multiplied by 3.5 in x amount of time. If all abilities were set up that way then they would be easy to balance and this would not be an issue. Now obviously I simplified it and they could change things to make it different but the general idea is sound.
    • Like x 1
  4. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

That's what I want, I want longer combos to do better dps and that's what I put in my post. What I don't want to happen is dovetails on some weapon combos or anything like that to happen. I just get worried when they don't lay things out fully like this revamp. "Hey we're removing AMs and WM" and then boom we get all this lol

While I do like the speed of solar flame I don't want to do the same combo for the rest of the game I want variety and that's why I mentioned correct weapon balance and WM combos being clipable.
  5. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

I still think consistence should be there. damage, cooldown, power cost....surely it would be easier to get balance if they all were based off of the same equation. It does not seem like they do...if I am wrong then please point me in the right direction so I can read up. I am not one to spread misinformation. Some things just seem like common sense and I do not understand why it is done differently.
  6. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Again that's why I don't want them but hey wit ya gnna do.
  7. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

I hate the dovetails also. Feels like my character is constantly constipated already. This revamp I hope is the squatty potty! Lol
    • Like x 1
  8. SasquaT Dedicated Player

Thanks for this video realy good job .
    • Like x 1
  9. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Why not just double, or increase by 33% the POWER stat for controllers in Controller ROLE ONLY.. Trolling is still a pain in the butt, in terms of power.. Lets not even talk about healing..SUPPORT ROLES MATTER!

Give more incentive for players to play SUPPORT ROLES, instead of all the DPS love..
  10. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

how about u try this when your not 60 cr higher tho.. lol While i do agree, that the damages arent splitting, youre expected to do that much damage when your 60cr+ higher than sparring targets, thats the reason they removed it in the first place, bcuz it wouldnt represent an accurate damage scale.. I challenge you to make this video at 126cr.. Good video tho..

Please devs dont overreact to this video until he can PROVE that it has the same damage at 126cr... Other than that this video brings awareness that DAMAGES are not SPLITTING, and that atomic is broken.

averagin 20-30k, while being 60cr higher even just spamming 1 move is not that serious.. Only proof and worries was the atomic going off.
    • Like x 1
  11. tiempo Well-Known Player

The sparring targets where used to show what I had already tested and tried in raids once it dawned on us that spamming one pwr in a raid can equal or beat someone using hybrid (as we all where at this point in the revamp). I wish they wouldn't give me power back then you would of seen how viable this is.

CR differencial on the dummies didn't matter whether I was doing 24k or 124k, why? theoritically lets say A 188cr hybrid was dealing 150k dps on the targets with the rotation he's already using in raids, then spamming just one power, that same player puts out 150k dps. Its not about the numbers so much as it is about the percentages. The fact that spamming one power can push out 100% of the damage a hybrid can is the problem. Anti-matter bomb not splitting was simply the catalyst that lead to testing this theory out across all powers. And we did, in raids w/ 1 troll and duos w/o troll, and it worked, it was either beating or racing other great dps's using hybrids, most powers can succesfully put out too close of a percentage in damage out to someone using a more complex hybrid rotation or even a more complex PftT rotation.

Problem is the moment I put a video on here showing everyone how this equals or beats hybrid in a raid, everyone is just gonna say the dps were **** and thats why I beat them, there's no winning. So I'm happy just stating my case and invite everyone to try and test for themselves. BTW, i'll soon post that vid, and i'm calling it now, the "dps were ****" comment will be there. When I know my league is top notch players that know what they are doing, but many will doubt that as well. Thanks for your perspective.

And to be clear I wouldn't even call this spamming PftT, when we tested PftT before, this isn't what we were doing, for example, with atomic I was testing the viability of comboing w/ aura and everything inbetween, and after all my test (w/o sparring targets) I knew I pushed out more dps with my hybrid.... and let's not even talk about powerloss/costs on those stages of the revamp. PftT sucked to be honest. This isn't Play from the TRAY, this is straight spamming.
    • Like x 6
  12. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

No doubt bro.. i watched the whole 29mins bro.. it was a good video, but i just saw it as flawed in some aspects.. Take your gear off to 126cr and update the video.. The only time you were possibly able to out damage your peers(spammin 1 move) in a raid was with atomic, as that was the only VIDEO proof you had for your example.. But you're definitely keeping the devs on their toes, which is a plus regardless.. GOOD STUFF.
    • Like x 1
  13. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Yea i agree.. The dovetails are essentially unofficial cooldowns.. The devs really do not want us to play spammy style. Instead of keeping the animation hostage, free up the animation times and add 1sec to cooldowns..
  14. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Do you remember when stats matter was first mentioned and brought to test?
    I do and it was videos like this and players running around screaming about stuff being broken when it wasn't that had that test shut down after only a couple hours.

Reasons were............... reading comprehension and failure to follow directions.
  15. Ringz Dedicated Player

The video isn't about how much damage hes putting out( or the main focus of it). Its about the fact that spamming one ability over and over again was getting him close numbers or better numbers than him doing his hybrid loadout. Even if he took gear off or match the cr, the fact still remains the same.

Now the devs already stated that weapon balance hasn't happen yet and things are always bound to change. But things like this needs to noted loudly just so everything is clear about what is going on and the reasoning behind it.
    • Like x 2
  16. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

I disagree bro.. Like i said, show the facts bro.. This is test.. Be precise.. I told him to make the same video at 126cr without his 188cr.. That is skewing the numbers.. Show me the video with a full rotation matching or near the NPC cr wear spammin one button will NET you high damage besides atomic vs a full rotation loadout.. Look at the facts bro.. Its highly unrealistic..
  17. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

That wasn't the stat revamp, that was when cr differential was removed so the devs could get a baseline for the stat revamp. People were trying to solo low tier raids and complaining they were dying too fast screaming end of the world. Was a fun day.
  18. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

My concern about this, making a video of it is a terrible idea. Months down the road people will be looking up YouTube videos on stat revamp loadouts and will come across this thinking it's still the most viable option when that may not even be the case anymore when the next build goes up. It's a spread of misinformation even if it wasn't meant to be intended as such. He could have easily posted screenshots of the parses while simply explaining it.
    • Like x 1
  19. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Ignoring Hybrid options and Power consume altogether, kinda doesnt sit right for best PftT option to be spamming single low cost ability.
  20. Fies Committed Player

A vid is more "effective" as we could see... Similiar concerns were brought up as early as 1.1? when it was already possible to finish solos/duos like this @ "entry" CR... noone cared.
    Funny to see how the usual suspects jump all over the OP to a point where he is even blamed for making a vid... smh.

@ OP: Gj keep it up.