Stats Revamp 1.3: Electricity

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Jan 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

I do disagree with the DEVS approach.. Whats the purpose of DOTS if i cant refresh them? If i want to SOLELY rely on DOTS, and Not HYBRIDIZING with weapons,i wont be able to PffT. So pretty much the devs telling us, that DOTS are automatically classed as HYBRID play style bcuz ill be stuck with a bunch of 12 second cooldowns. That seems fair lol As far as i know who says VOLTAIC BOLT has to have the power cost reduce? Its not set in stone, their isnt any laws or rules to this.. As far as i know, DOTS power cost shouldnt even compare to BURST.. Personally, i think all DOT power besides the TYPICAL FIELD AOE should cost less, due to slow acceleration, but thats another topic for another day. For all i know Static Push is 12 second cooldown and its a burst power, so the rules can be bent, whichever way the devs want it to be.. But DCUO favors BURST powers(thus the reasons their are 12 of them), cuz its easier to fix, maintain and code. Burst powers still outclass DOTS. So at this point, it is what it is.. Electric Dot players will get the short end of the stick,we are used to it..
  2. Maxwill Dedicated Player

So dots will not work out for electricity????
  3. Trexlight Devoted Player

They do, my first play through with a pure DoT loadout works well in Hybrid to mix Weapons in due to the Cooldowns. DoTs/Burst in a Play from the Tray loadout is strong too.
    • Like x 1
  4. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

You can play with a loadout full of Dots if you want now, the thing is that now we have OPTIONS. You can go full Dots, Full burst or a mix of both, which is a major improvemt IMO.
    • Like x 3
  5. Mr Furious Well-Known Player

Please Fix the Ionic Drain animations. It only does the DPS animation now. It is supposed to have a different animation when in healing.
  6. Trexlight Devoted Player

This is intended as per for the Revamp for the moment. Also, Ionic Drain is not useful in Healer role anymore. It heals but bleh, its not by much
  7. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

Did some testing. 60 sp in attack chance and damage the rest in power.

Polarized LO & Power cost
    Repulse (200)> Shockwave (100)> Spark Barrage (100)> Attract (200)>Electrocute (300)>Ebomb (300)
    Let me start by saying that I found it odd that the only 2 powers in the Polarized tree that polarizes enemies are both a 200 power cost, one of which has a 12 second cool down. Next I did enjoy that it had two 100 power cost abilities. It let me play a bit faster and kept it at a faster pace without me worrying about running out of power. I did seem to have an issue with going from Spark barrage to attract. It was like there was a bit of extra time at the end of Spark barrage where I could not cast the next power right away. Like there should of been more animation but there was not. So I had to make sure I waited just a bit before going into the next power. I also noticed that Repulse had more animation then it needed. The electric effect would go off with the foot stomp then he would do a punch for no particular reason. Looks dumb tbh. Maybe change when the effect plays to time better with the punch. Also has anyone else had issues with spark barrage not hitting? It seemed to be a close rage to maybe mid range power. It would not hit at range. I am not sure if it has always been like that or not since I almost never used it after leveling. It would also be nice if the powers tool tips included their range. That would be VERY helpful. The last thing that I feel I should mention is that it SEEMED that the polarized powers where hitting a bit weaker than the electrified ones. Part of that may have been because I had two 100 power cost abilities to play with but I noticed the crits on those powers were a bit lower over all.

Overall this playstyle seemed more fluid than the Electrified partly because it had a faster pace thanks to the two 100 power cost abilities but also because the powers seemed to flow more with each other. If the animation issues as well as the dead time issue I mentioned were cleaned up then this would work well as a playstyle.

Electrified LO & Power cost
    Tesla Blast (100)> Arc Lightning (200)> Tesla Ball (200)> Voltaic Bolt (300)> Electrocute (300)
    This LO is my preferred mainly because I like the animations of it. However it seems to be clunky. It does decent damage but I have to keep watching my power bar to make sure I do not run dry which slows down the pace of the game. A suggestion I would have to help is to add another 100 power cost ability. My vote would be for Shockwave. I would just make it work for both Polarized and Electrified trees like Electrocute. Ideally I think that for solo or duo (anything without a Controller) a PftT LO that included two 100 power cost abilities will keep the game at a nice pace without you slowing down for power regen. Since Shockwave is already a 100 power cost making it work for both trees would make this possible. A note for Tesla ball....the cooldown really should be 3 seconds like Arc. 6 seconds is just too long for that power in a PftT LO.

TLDR: Make Shockwave work with Electrified and Polarized so both trees have 2 100 power cost abilities for faster game pace, adjust animation times of Spark barrage & Repulse, reduce Tesla Ball CD to 3 seconds, and do what you can to fix the clunky feel for the Electrified powers.
    • Like x 1
  8. Ringz Dedicated Player

To your spark barrage answer, yea its just the same how it is on live. The sparks comes out immediately but you left with more frames with your hands out and that extra second of the cooldown still there that seems tied to the animation, which makes it very weird for clipping instances.

Now for range of the damage, if up close all sparks will hit and mid range depends on the angle that Some will hit or in mob. I notice that alot when I used that move for my pvp fights. So if what you are describing right now, then they are the same as on live.

Quantum Wrap barrage feels more smooth animation wise and timing wise then spark barrage even though they both have the same visual, except quantum shoots out projectiles that gets wrapped and teleports to hit whoever target. That whole sequence fits with the whole animation of sticking both arms out.

For the devs, maybe to reduce those extra frames of hands sticking out from spark barrage or maybe have them shoot out consecutively at a time?
    • Like x 1
  9. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Electricity is going to work beautifully for DoTs because, as in Trex's video, he was able to run 4. Electricity DoTs are not dependent on range. Ice can do 3 DoT, but you have to basically be on top of the boss to use BW. A lot of other powers are limited in their DoT options on Test currently. Hallways like in Bombshell Paradox will probably still be areas where burst is better, but we now have viable burst options.
  10. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Spark Barrage has a weird dovetail *shrug*. I questioned Spord about the mid-range nature of it and Static Push. The reason is they have wider cones than other powers. This is meant to be a standardization across all powers.
    • Like x 1
  11. Maxwill Dedicated Player

Exactly,Electricity is going to work beautifully for DoTs. So let's keep those dots and improve them.And btw I think Bitter Winds' range is about 6m ingame.
  12. Black Jaq Devoted Player

The DoTs are good. I don't see what improvements they need. please be specific what is wrong.
  13. Maxwill Dedicated Player

Electrocute's range should be bigger, I'm pretty sure it's smaller than other fields/circle dots , also each tic should hit more,same for Voltaic Bolt,I don't know if Electrogenesis hits too low too, a developer should check it.And of course Tesla ball lasts for about 5 seconds, that's like half dot... not exactly a dot.
  14. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Well, Electrogenesis is a lower cost power, so it does lower damage. Electrocute is the most powerful DoT that Electricity has and in damage logs, does the majority of damage over all other powers. Other players have said, and I would agree, that Tesla Ball is good for what it is. I am not a fan in that Tesla Ball seems to sit there while it does nothing, but the three ticks of damage it does are really good. The alternative would probably be 6 ticks of half the damage. I guess the main thing here is your definition of "damage over time." I don't feel all Electricity abilities should be on 12 second cooldowns after cast. That's part of why I like Tesla Ball.
  15. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

So to confirm for the devs sake..Ive summed up everyones Feedback(DPS) into this neat package. We can all Mutually agree that

SUMMARY:

1. Tesla Ball Should have a 3 second cooldown
    2. Shockwave Should Have Polarized and Electrified PI
    3.VERY VERY SLIGHTLY improve Passive REgen so we can ACTUALLY PFFT
    4. Reduce Megavolt Cooldown to 15seconds, there is no reason it should be at 30seconds.
    5.Reduce Voltaic Bolt cooldown to 6 seconds to allow recast on DOTS
    6. Slightly Improve the DOTS after PI(electrocute, VB)
    7. Adding Heals over TIME to ELECTROCUTE in healer ROLE(this ones a long shot)
    • Like x 1
  16. Karasawa Loyal Player

What? No, I disagree with most of that.
    • Like x 1
  17. Mr Furious Well-Known Player

The point of doing stat and power revamps is so that people can play the powers they enjoy and still be "viable". People enjoy a power because of the distinctive properties of that power such as particular abilities. If you remove the distinctives of a power there is no point in balancing it with the others. They might at well make electricity an alternate visual effect for a power like fire.

Again, fix the animation for ionic drain, and while you are at it give it a boost.
    • Like x 2
  18. Black Jaq Devoted Player

This is not my feedback either.
    • Like x 2
  19. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

What u disagree with.. I see u liking everyones post but never really giving feedback..
  20. Mystere Well-Known Player

I agree with #2
    I think passive regen should increase ALOT or otherwise fix power for PfTT
    Megavolt cooldown could be reduced
    Actually I think cooldowns could be reduced across the board - you are already limited by power
    I think all dmg from PI should increase - make it more worthwhile
    I would rather they add the PI synergy with Biocapac - and make it like it is on live
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.