A calm suggestion for the devs

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Derio, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

So yes, it's going to be the same, we're going to have the option to not use the best loadout out there but it's going to be a big difference. Because no matter how much you simplify the playstyle for people if they don't invest time into properly researching how to dps they won't dps properly. Aparently they had to "simplify" the play styles because 1-2-3-4 was too dificult.

The "intention" was always the diference between wm and Am was there but it got out of hands. But believe me when I tell you it was more fun to play with WM or AM than what's on test right now.

I'm telling you from experience, at the moment I'm t3 in test, but I can already see a play style put in place, belive me when I tell you there is going to be quite the difference in the dps from play styles . There is also feedback that even with a troll you need the self healing power. Personally I coudln't ran the alerts with a troll because there wasn't one available so we did 3 dps 1 heal and even 2 dps 2 heals. But even then the self healing power still limits you a lot.
    • Like x 6
  2. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I do not use a supercharge regenerator and my SC is always full from weapon attacks. I don't see added value from these abilities at our current level. But here is a conundrum. What increases our power more? Speccing into power or speccing damage? I'm thinking there is a cap and speccing into power raises that cap. Think of how McB worked with Celestial. Heals were 1 to 1 capped at your resto. I think damage to returned power is a ratio capped at your power stat.
    • Like x 1
  3. bmce84 Loyal Player

why don't you guys just remove the dps role and make us run only with our support role, seems to be the better option is that instead of figuring out the 50 different ways to DPS (of which 49 are a guaranteed kick from content, chances are next on test is the permanent removal of the kick feature).
    • Like x 1
  4. Derio 15000 Post Club

Power regen is based on your maximum power pool, not the damage from your weapon attacks. The more power you have the more powers you are able to use, and the more power regen you get from weapon attacks and your power regen move.

If I remember correctly the power return is either .08 or .8 per second of your maximum power pool for pulse attacks. I will have to go back and look at spords post.

Edit: Found it. Spord said, "You do not get power back immediately. You have to hit a target in combat, like it was before. I don't have the numbers in front of me right now but I think we landed on 0.8% per sec to the nearest 100 milliseconds. Have you tried it yet? "
  5. Drathmor Unwavering Player

TOTALY agree it should be tied to a power that most people will use already and not be a addition power that just ends up taking a place in your bar re-gifting us with a new version of cookie cutter
    • Like x 5
  6. spack2k Steadfast Player

that gives us no free choice of loadout configuration if we want to be a competitive dps, u will need a Buff, a SC, a SC Gen, Self Power, a Pi ability and one Power with short cooldown to clip weapon = 6.

kind of restrictive if u ask me nothing different than we have atm on live so why all the work for no changes.
    • Like x 5
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We don't believe that is true, and that's not intended. As we get farther into testing, we'll be reviewing feedback on this topic.
    • Like x 1
  8. Swiftduck Loyal Player

all we asked for was a redesign in stats and removal of AM/WM the rest of this stuff is unneeded.
    • Like x 14
  9. SixSigma Well-Known Player

I'm not on test, so what exactly is unwanted/needed?
  10. Swiftduck Loyal Player

it'd be a huge list for me to write out. I invite you to read all of the feedback given and to read up the update notes to get a good idea of what we're dealing with here.

luckily the devs said NONE of this is set in stone and the reason we're testing in small portions is to nip all this in the bud now.
    • Like x 1
  11. eanur Well-Known Player

I'm not here to cause an argument since this is supposed to be a calm thread but please don't say "none of us want it". No one on these forums speak for the whole community only the ones who agree with their own point of view. Some may not want this but equally as many may actually want all these changes
    • Like x 1
  12. Swiftduck Loyal Player

well then i edited it. cheers
  13. ChillCat Loyal Player

I'm not sure what the criticism is about here. Are folks really not able to do their job on TEST? I'm leveling an Electric toon at the moment as battle healer and it's awesome. I can choose to occupy a lot with Electrosurge (or is it electrocharge, I forget) for the power back if I want to use my powers more, or I can choose to use weapons combos that still give power back but just not as fast. In solos, I'm doing just fine. In group content, the troller picks up the slack with power if I want to be power damage centric or I can just stick to my weapon combos which seem to be as effective in dealing damage.

Have the folks who are saying this is a problem actually tried it out and the experienced the difference between running with and without the powerback slot?
    • Like x 2
  14. eanur Well-Known Player

Thank you. Its just a little thing that always bugged me when people say that on the forums ;)
    • Like x 2
  15. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

2 things:
    1. There's another way to get PI's besides abilities that would be useful currently but I'm not telling :rolleyes:
    2. When Penryn tested damage, PI damage was only like 10% more damage so it's not as necessary as it was imo.
  16. spack2k Steadfast Player

2 things:
    1.The other way s.ucks :rolleyes:
    2.at what cr did he test? cr30? cause i dont think it will still be 10% at cr190 and even if u would want to squish in any extra dps u can get for competitive dpsing...
  17. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

other way only sucked because of AM :rolleyes:
  18. sepiaskidmark Committed Player

Not sure why this "other way" is such a secret as you talking about consumables that can apply PI effects.
    • Like x 1
  19. spack2k Steadfast Player

nah its because u have to craft them and sacrifice an utility slot for them and for dps i would believe trinkets are more important, could be wrong with stats revamp though
  20. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Crafting them is hella cheap. It's like 1 complex for half a stack which is like 90 uses. People used to spam consumables way back especially in pvp for elec healing. And trinkets are only important for utility aspects. In terms of raw damage, bot clipping was more effective and the pvp consumable can go in the regular soder slot that a trinket can't fill anyway.