Work In Progress Development Update: Episode 27 Gear and Progression

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Oct 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I noticed it specifically said you have to be wearing a full set of vendor gear. What if I have a full set of Controller gear but I'm DPSing and only have some parts? That will be a deterrent to people playing their second role if they become excluded from receiving collections because they aren't wearing a full set of vendor gear at the time.
    • Like x 4
  2. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Ohhh, this new gear progression sounds great and it comes with a whole new magic related DLC. #Hyped :cool::cool:
    • Like x 1
  3. light FX Steadfast Player

Right now u can go into the raid like dwf and get the best gear. With this change the best gear is not in the raid. U are running the raid for the coins to go purchase the gear from the vendor. Not the same. Getting the best gear as drops in the raid is different the getting coins to purchase the best gear. And again if ya can already beat the elite raids w/out the elite gear there really is not reason to get the elite gear while CR differential is in the game. They both have the same IL and stats.
  4. light FX Steadfast Player

Very concerned about this too. I play a lot of toons and play both roles on them all. This gear system is so much more grindy then the past. Which is fine. But it seems to deter alts and both roles. Seems like its going to take a very long time to get the vendor gear for both roles. Or a ton of replays. I wish when they did these announcements and streams they had ALL of the details. If they dont have the details yet then dont do the stream. Pretty simple.
    • Like x 1
  5. TuniKs Level 30

so Normal content dont give renown ? only elite ?
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Correct.
  7. Jeff Bond Committed Player

Well played Mr Mepps... well played
  8. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

I know. my bad. I missed that.
  9. Light Bender92 Well-Known Player

Okay so from what I've read so far, we will only be able to purchase the gear with coins, and each dlc to follow will use its own specific currency. If this will truly be the case, then this is great as now I can use marks of fury for old styles that I need without having to decide between the style I want and a piece of gear I need. However, this system seems just like how it was before the switch to marks of fury in the first place, so my question is, can the costs of certain gearsets be adjusted as we progress in Cr like how it was in the mark of triumph days, since we won't need the actual mark for the new gear. This would make it so that people don't have to spend almost all of their marks on a t1 piece of gear, if their Cr is high enough above the relevancy for it.
  10. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

Nice that you found away to make the renown system "relevant" once again.
    • Like x 1
  11. light FX Steadfast Player

Mepps will extra coins show up in the loot picker like how MoV do now?
  12. Waterfall Well-Known Player

This is the same thing that was done when amazon fury part one came out was it not? My concern here is that this new currency for specific dlcs was tried before and removed for a reason. I am perfectly fine either way on this, but I find it very concerning that we just went full circle on the whole wm am and stats matter thing, and now it seems we are doing the same circle with marks and vendor gear. All I ask is that the devs please consider the issues of the past so that we can avoid repeating all these changes for the next few years. I guess what I am asking for is a promise that this will be the last overhaul we have to go through in regards to how we progress our gear.
    • Like x 1
  13. Schimaera Devoted Player

Here's mine: YAY! to getting a bit back to the days where you had to run a specific tiered content to get it's gear.
  14. Schimaera Devoted Player

Well that's a relief. Thanks.
  15. Schimaera Devoted Player

Just a heads up. I'm a hero and still have renown shown for the rogues (since you introduced new tier 3 duos back in the day) as a fourth faction (am I really that bad?). Hope it doesn't cause problems :O
  16. Superskull85 Devoted Player

I'd do it such that you have the full set in your inventory + equipped (whatever gives you a complete set). Not sure if they have the tech for that though.

I'd not do it based on the feat simply because this is kind of exploity for alts since they can just replay it and potentially get Omnipotence pieces without putting in the required effort. I suppose that is another way though.
  17. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

You guys have brought me back to Dcuo as a regular monthly subscriber ..and I'll be telling my entire league who left this game cause of the loot system and advanced mechanics to play eso that dcuo has brought back a proper progression system and gotten rid of the ams

You guys have knocked this outta the park for me
    • Like x 1
  18. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Curious as to why not Bring back the days like A&B.. Where the VENDOR gear is the same CR(Disciples of Parallax) as the Drop RAID GEAR(vestments of RAge) with the Raid EPIC drops have SLIGHTLY better stats.. I am open to this new system.. I just feel like DCUO always trynna change things.. Things were alot better in the PAST before t6 all the devs had to do was build upon that foundation... Changing the game constantly is what got DCUO into this deep mess. Constantly hitting the reset button and players have to start all over.. Not being negative, but we've seen this movie play out before..

Vendor gear should be the second best with the SAME cr as the drops but SLIGHTLY less stats but while OBTAINING the Vendor ELITE. Why would i want to purchase The reg set then, then purchase another SET of elite.. It would be better to USE the DROPS from raids to complete your SET in cohesion with collecting the vendor gear. Just my two cents.

Ive been playing DCUO since 2011.. The format of drops back BEFORE t6 during the A&B era was the BEST!! Using that era as a FOUNDATION you could easier implement what you are trying to do here.. ill keep an open mind regardless.
  19. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

Ah damn it, you almost had a point. Soooo close. Maybe next time you wont be unaware that OP items are Elite, carry a higher item score and thus increase CR currently. Back to the drawing board, I'd start with "dont jump the gun" and continue from there.

Have a good day :)
  20. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

It's taken YEARS for us to get to this point and I'm so happy we're finally there. This is a true red letter day and finally a real solution to the complaints that have been festering since the first month of Episode 7.

On the surface, I cannot see any flaws. But I also responded the same way to R&D gear, which turned out to not be very enjoyable in execution and participation. I will reserve caution. But I'm struggling to find any flaws on the surface.

I love how vendor gear is the best gear. It takes the "anxiety" out of progressing your character.

"Should I put a mod in this gear, even though it isn't the best piece?"
    "What if I buy this piece and it drops for me in our run?"
    "I've got everything, I just need 1 more piece, but it only drops in a raid!"
    "I've just spent month gathering R&D components to build this piece... oh and it just dropped for me on the first boss..."

All of this is gone. Vendor gear is the best gear. Omnipotent gear are the best in slot. Both are achievable via non-random methods. It's up to me to decide how long it takes for me to get them. I'm no longer restricted to just beating raids to progress. There's something to do Friday to Thursday and it isn't worth missing a day.

There's no confusion about whether or not it's worth modding a piece of gear. I can pick and choose which pieces I want to obtain and in which order. Maybe I want more pieces first? maybe I want the most expensive pieces first. There are options now and it's great.

No feedback other than to just say thank you. I couldn't be happier with the solution reached. This should have been done years ago.
    • Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.