Work In Progress Mid-Year Development Update: Announcing Large Content Releases, Open Episodes, and Summer Plans

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jul 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MagiJames New Player

I am so happy about all this, especially the support for alts. I love how this game is always improving.
    • Like x 1
  2. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I was listening too but they have to have a time frame were episode 27 has to come out no matter what .I also can't wait to see what happens when people find out that mostly the stats that will matter when they do the whole "stats matter " will be in the gear not your skill points like he was talking about.
    • Like x 1
  3. Trexlight Devoted Player

People have the wrong information because they dont have a clear understanding that the Devs cant talk about things that havent been finalized yet. So yes, I can blame the people. They make announcements and if they wanted to go into further details about it they will. They dont because that item could possibly change during the Development time so it could be an A at announcement but in fact closer to release it could be a D.

Mepps has stated last night on the Sourcecast they still intend to be transparent as they always have been but will keep announcements about features when they are closer to releasing them instead of announcing so far ahead in the future to avoid confusion and disappointment.
    • Like x 1
  4. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

I'm a full elite troll and 7 of 8 dps 172 cr both ways so I'm done dwfe cept 2 feats and besides that 250 and above lpve which the track record of the game I'll never do because of nerfs and I can see them dropping it to 250 overall so I aint gnna waste my time doing 1000 of any of them.

So this next episode will come out and I'll be done in 2days and then we gotta wait 6 months.

I just took almost 3 yrs off and was maxed out when the game was better and more difficult . 190 to 269 shouldn't be possible in 4 months time.

Overall I guess that's why they're going back to dlc's but in all fairness I'm soon going to take a break til halloween.

I've always been dilengent at getting stuff but somethings I don't like.

Mainly they gotta hire people and not throw out some stupid grinding feat to hold us off mainly.

Number 2 getting the elite sets should be more then just a stinking title. There should be a good 6 piece affinty for dps and an 8 one for them also and they should be worth 50 feat points. I'm sorry but the elite stuff is the most difficult thing in the game and wuts given now for it isn't worth it to make the free crowd mad which again isn't paying squat and using sodas to play anyway.

In a nutshell the 6 months can't happen or too many people will disappear. I like the old way better but they should take the hit and get 6 months of content in 2months and hire people.

Number 2 a supercharge amentity needs added and should have been when crystals were removed from robinson park.

Elite stuff needs to matter more which I'll repeat probably 3 more times during this.

Nerf the lpve before I end up doing it cuz then something that much of a grind gets nerfed after people did it will cause people to leave.

Last but not least seasonal vendors should be up yr round. Not the seasonal itself but the vendors. I've always thought u should be able to go get something anytime in this game which is why I always hated them. With that said I know that ain't possible but we all have lives and sometimes things happen in life and u miss them but at least if u have marks from the yr before u could always get things from the vendors cuz they'd always be up.

On a sidenote I haven't liked any raids in this game since the open world ops and nexus and dox until Dwfe. I loved the raid and haven't had this much fun in awhile. Overall it will be short lived cuz one thing I've liked in 3 yrs then 6 months off isn't a good thing.

I do want it the way it was before but this is something daybreak has to stand up put big boy pants on and figure it out. Overall it should had never been changed in the first place but 1 month of content for that long of wait my guess would probably kill the game then they'd try to merge all 3 systems.

I'm sorry if ur new but people been here since the beginning and wuts currently in the game would last 30 days then the longer the drought the more subs don't get renewed and the less badges get bought and poof it's down the tubes.

Overall this my opinion and I'm Tsavor and I support this message!
  5. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

If that new episode comes out and you're done in two days, there's no way you took your time with it because you can't get all the gear in two days without using Replay Badges. That's your fault.

The LPVE feats do seem overwhelming but so should the Gathering feats, Salavaging Feats, and Merit feats but luckily, people realize these were meant to be lengthy feats and not something you can get done in a week.

You're right about waiting, it's going to be a long time without new content and people will leave but no one knows if they're doing back or not, Amazon Fury Part 3 will decide that for us, so let's hope it's good and not recycled content.

The decision to go from DLC's to Episodes and then back to DLC's was a terrible idea. They should have just stuck with DLC's but imho, episodes weren't bad for me.

They're not going to merge all three systems anytime soon. It's a little unprofessional to bring Xbox into this gaming environment and then surprise, no content for a few months.thats going to hurt, a lot of things are going to hurt but in some cases the risk is worth the reward. Only time will tell
    • Like x 3
  6. light FX Steadfast Player

So idk if this question has been answered or not but ill ask. If u are f2p and have all the content with the open episodes is your cash be capped or do u have access to it? Can u trade to others like your legendary? Is having the open episodes as a f2p or premium basically the same as being legendary for a month except the extended lockouts?

And what happens to premium players who outgear the content they own because of the open episodes? Are they just stuck and are forced to either sub or buy new episodes? What if they cant afford to do that? If someone gets stuck like that and cant afford to sub i would think they would be upset about that and might leave altogether because that happened.

1 more question. The gap from 3 month dlcs to monthly content was only 3 months. And i see loche always say he is 6 months in the future as far as content. U guys are obviously ahead of what the live game is. So why is it taking 4-6 months to develop a dlc? If your 6 months ahead shouldnt u guys have some AF3 content already designed? Or am i misunderstanding when loche says hes 6 months in the future?
    • Like x 2
  7. light FX Steadfast Player

I also wonder how many replays it took em to get the DWF elite gear :p Tbh i have no idea why people chase any of the elite gear. Those bonuses do nuttin ;) I guess some do it for bragging rights. But anytime i see some1 brag about elite gear i just :rolleyes: If anything id brag about beating the elite content if its actually elite and tough content. Yea its nice to get the gear while doing so. But imo its the same as the normal version except for some glowy parts.
    • Like x 3
  8. MrGT Well-Known Player

Trex we all understand things change. Most of us have been working in real life. Some of us much longer then us. Companies are always competing for market share competing to get the business. In here Daybreak is competing to get our business. Us playing there gams rather then others.

However with other companies to get the business it does come with a certain amount of promises to deliver to an agreed time line. In many cases there are penalty clauses if those deadlines are not met. yes not all companies are game developers but all have their industry related factors that can cause problems in meeting those dead lines. However these companies cant keep replying "soon' that does not cut it.

Companies have to talk to there customers all the time regarding new development in their industry. New ideas. Its not unique to game development. Customers need to know why they should sty with your company and not move to those who are talking about new developments. Here it seems ok things are not delivered or most things are moved out simply because they never commit to dates.

I am a supporter of this game. I am not one of those that want this game tof ail because I feel let down about it but I also agree that for what ever the reason this team seems to have lost direction and are now hardly delivering as can be seen by how many things are moved out. Perhaps this is why they have brought in the new guy. Maybe they already realized. Trex remember some of these things were spoken about a long time ago not just a month ago. So yes ppl can be allowed to get upset.
    • Like x 4
  9. HideTheBodies Loyal Player

That's the type of player Daybreak wants and caters to. Willing to pay to reset easy instances for slightly different/better rewards. They don't want players who want a challenge, or like customization and immersion. Those things are expensive to develop.
    • Like x 4
  10. DarkLadyAthena Dedicated Player

Funny thing is, there is an actual term for people like the OP. It's called locust. Just like a swarm of locust, these players will devour all the content as quickly as they possibly can, then they sit around complaining that they don't have anything to do. New content released? They'll devour it as quickly as possible, then don't have anything to do anymore... until the next content is out, and they devour it as quickly as possible, only to sit around and complain that they don't have anything to do. The cycle never ends for them.

Whatever happened to enjoying the game instead? Get the feats. Play alerts, duos and raids because you enjoy playing them. Make new characters because you enjoy making new characters. Get more styles for the characters to improve their looks. Hang out with friends. Decorate your base. Help low-lever players who wants help. Make a villain, and repeat the entire game with a new character for every mentor.

Don't just make one character, devour the content as quickly as possible, and then complain that you don't have anything to do.
    • Like x 8
  11. bmce84 Loyal Player

You remember when every day we had a "Blue Lantern power" thread?, what ever happened to those?
    • Like x 2
  12. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

I disagree. If anything the game since the release of crossplay (and porting it to Xbox) it has become even bigger.
  13. HideTheBodies Loyal Player

Plans don't randomly change. They change because of bad decisions.

CR differential
    Monthly content

Now, since they realized how bad those were for the game, Daybreak wants to go back to #statsmatter and large content releases. Because of this, things that were announced, that many were looking forward to, have been significantly delayed. It's wasted development time from a company that seems to have limited resources allocated to this game. Daybreak created this problem. They made it worse by letting us know what to look forward to in 2016, which was obviously more than they could handle. But hey, plans change and we're trying new things :rolleyes:

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  14. Trexlight Devoted Player

That argument is valid since I've been waiting for a Speedster movement variant like others have and clearly that has been tabled for now and may get brought back in the future but for now other things are more important. Its a feature that had to pushed back so the Devs could work on something else that is more needed for the game like the Midrange Update and balance passes.

The misinformation here was that we didnt here an official statement about them or at least one I can remember. The Variants for my are a clear example of Development time that gets changed. Water is a clear example as well (pun). We dont have water yet. Why? Because they pushed it back from the original release window so that they can work on Stats Matter which MUST be done first before they can introduce a new power or else it'll be all sorts of broken and they'll have to spend even more time fixing it which is easier just to wait for the change to occur and release it afterwards.

I "spin" my comments because Im typing from a neutral emotional state and thinking "why its done this way"? You may be offend or something that I post with logic but Game Development is not something so cut and dry. If the Variants havent come out yet then there must be something else that takes more precedence for the game than those. Hopefully they'll get back to it and like Mepps said, they will be more careful when announcing things that arent so "into the future" to avoid this confusion and disappointment.
  15. Trexlight Devoted Player

Agreed they can be upset and I like to be someone to ease that emotion. I dont like folks mad so thats why Im always positive about stuff or present it in a positive way. The Devs will be more careful in the future about announcing features to avoid confusion and disappointment.
  16. Controller Devoted Player

There is always Hope.

[IMG]
  17. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

Oh Trex......You have been here way too long. Logic,.....the forums,.....2 things that just don't mix.
  18. VV Dedicated Player

Funny how I ran into you so many times while doing DWFe but never in SM :rolleyes: I got done with my elite nuclear set too but try SM, it's fun. Kinda puttin' some work to that type d. ;)

+Thanks. You taught me some stuff about that raid.
  19. Controller Devoted Player

I'm sticking around during the lull. These 4-5 months will give me time to work with my Atomic Toon.

We'll still get the seasonals, several GU's (NEEDED ONES), and open content for many.

I'll also be able to finish up a few remaining "grind" feats (Lightning Strikes bounties) and probably build on my PvP feats (72 / 97 so far).

I have a feeling that AF3 DLC will drop in December - or at least I hope so. That would make a NICE Christmas present.

The news isn't great but as DC fans I hope we stick around and be patient. I believe the game will be better because of it all. It's NOT the end of the world, Chicken Littles.

20. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Last week I queued into the Harley Duo and was put in there with a lower CR person. They were already passed the first room so I checked the Scorecard. TSAVORENTLESS was on there and had 0 damage out.
    • Like x 7
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.