Test Discussion GU 57: Light Mid-range Adjustments

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Tunso, Jan 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErnieB Loyal Player

Don't bring Nature and Elec into this, those can't make up the damage in 1 hour, and we can't count Sorc and Earth either, they are burst damage and release all of in 1 attack, but when compared to the others we do have the capacity to catch up, give now they had mid range so of cource we can't do anything, but I do believe after the update we will.
    • Like x 1
  2. ErnieB Loyal Player

o_O didn't you say you where done with Light?
    • Like x 1
  3. ErnieB Loyal Player

Can you please post the total changes to Light right now, it's a bit confusing because there isn't a single place to find everything.
  4. tinoman Dedicated Player

Ah, No sir you are wrong a ice will always beat a hard light in a raid with the same stats/cr/skill level because it can achieve max damage faster and maintain that same damage with so many adds around and getting burnt down quick it will never keep up with ice because the how low the first parser is.
  5. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

why does it matter? the darn scoreboard shouldn't make the darn power Now leave other powers out of the HL Testing Thread, They have nothing to do with the changes to HL at all.
  6. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Ran some test on test and did some testing on live.

Here are some actual facts to consider...

Update in live is going to up us roughly a 8% boost in damage when in mid range using range combo over what we have today. When in melee range using the range combo our damage the difference between live and test drops down to about a 5% increase due to the extra tick Light gets on Live today. Considering that is where most DPS play, Light is getting roughly a good 5% increase in damage, now that players cannot flip through the combo moves of LB and MG.

Light vs Other powers melee into mid range area. Other powers produce more damage, PERIOD. Did some testing on Ice, Gadgets, and Atomic. These powers in the mid-range to melee range area (6-9M) produce any where from 5-10% more damage than Light. The reason is distance and how these powers can get melee damage on some hits when in mid range. Not sure how this past testing but it did. I was at 11M from the targets and EMP was hitting just as hard as it was at 4M, not all hits but a good majority of them. Same with Atomic and Ice tended to be the lone of those three powers where damage dropped but still above where light is.

Also, Tunso testing for Light here is what I got..
    I did about 2 hours of testing today and I'm done with testing....Light need more love perido...
    Melee: 36,489 DPS - issues around knocking enemies away cause damage loss loss (Swing, Boxing, and Chainsaw)
    Mid Range: 28,796 - barely within that -5% threshold. I only got a bit more than 2 handfuls of hits above 30K after 10 minutes of testing just on Mid Range.
    Range: 24,987 - Out of all the testing this one seems balanced with other powers.

Tunso, mid range is underperforming now...if I flip through the combo my mid range damage drops to about 26.5K DPS.

I ran some content and after 5 minutes I quit. Light is not balanced...

Interruption update good...
    Allowing us to use trinket good...
    Slight increase in damage, ok...

If you keep the damage where it is at and if you leave Light where it is, it will be released as an underperforming power. If you want to make Light balance either give it back the damage it had previoulsy along with the request to use SC, Triage and Ligh Barrier without cancelling the AM or allow the Range AM combo to produce melee damage in melee range.

It is underperforming from testing other than melee but given the risk, I am not convinced the award is worth it. I will state that during my melee testing I noticed some stuff. Boxing does not always hit all three target, sometimes only one or two are hit, no matter how I position myself and same can be said of all the pure melee abilities.

If no futher changes are happening to Light to make it compeitive than I am 100% switching my power as it is not competitive from my testing. This update from what I have seen only gave us a slight increase in damage and provide two minor bonuses that Light should have had a long time ago. Light is still missing the ability to use its SC like other powers, which is a shame.

If I was to rate this update out of five stars it would get a 2 for the simple facts of the two good fixes I listed above.
  7. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

i thought you quited the game? You shouldn't be here making threat's or promise's to the devs the power is fine.
  8. Greenchain Well-Known Player

Seems like we have the three range damage levels tuned to your satisfaction. My remaining questions/issues are:

1. Crit % - this still seems far lower than with INS applied or compared to other powersets. This remains unbalanced.
    2. Power Points - Still unable to have a complete melee and complete range rotation while retaining at least the 2 DPS iconics
    3. CC ability - Ice and Quantum at least have an overwhelming CC functionality in DPS stance reducing their innate ability to be
    interrupted by an NPC.
    4. AM Breaking - SC and Shields shouldn't break our AM. Yes SC's are an offensive power but again what other powerset besides HL and Celestial (which btw needs addressed also) do you lose or possibly lose AM using a SC?
    5. Is there a deadline to finish this update? Do we only have so many days or weeks left till we get cut off and the last build is the one that will go to Live?

Looking for some idea of what might be in the next build as this one seems to have met its goals. Thanks again for what we have so far but I feel there are still some legitimate problems we are facing and areas that are lacking.
  9. Delta796th Loyal Player

No you misunderstood and were rude as hell about it... As I'm pretty sure (checking...YUP)
    I indicated what range it was tested at. How's that waste of oxygen?
    Mental and HL at same distance (midrange) That is why I don't understand the recent update that reduced damage on HL.
    I added the melee rotation since I know what HL melee is capable of which is roughly 3k more, but one knockdown and it's the same if not less.

I'm also replying to Trell since he/she obviously misunderstood what I put too.
  10. tinoman Dedicated Player

But if you really want balance then all powers need around the same first parsers in damage +/- 5%. It's not about bringing in other powers the other powers are example that it's not balanced! When it hits live it's going to get smoked by other powers that have had there midrange updates that are overwhelming faster at achieving max damage fast.
  11. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Why does it matter if you are beaten on a board on the game? Can someone please explain that to me? it's makes 0 sense to bring in other powers to a HL Testing thread when other powers are done being worked on and played different that HL.
  12. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

it's not rocket science all powers are different. it's that simple
  13. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I will quit when I want to...That is not your concern....Let's try to keep the subject on track...

I did testing and I will not do any more. IMO Light update is not producing close to where other hit.

Oh one more thing I think needs to be consider...

My 10 second mid range test, most of the damage was around 27-29K DPS. Some where above 30. Gadgets I regularly hit 32K+ and there were some 28K but overall it was at or above 30K. Same with Ice and Atomic. Light is right below 30K. That is a concern of mine.
  14. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

It is not a matter about the scoreboard, it is about getting all powers to be balanced and produce like damage. Right now that is happening. Once all powers are balanced with Range, Mid-Range, and Melee I have a feeling we will see one more pass for balancing.
  15. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

okay, well from what i was reading it look like feedback from ice beating HL on a scoreboard, but what you said make sense.
    but i thought we had Tunso results correct? i am confuse now o_O
  16. tinoman Dedicated Player

Of course they are and i'm trying to explain to you and everyone else that doesn't understand that this isn't balance and will need another update either to this power itself or others regarding max damage set up times. I'm talking about balance and using other powers as examples if you don't understand what i'm saying. We are trying to closely balance all of the powers within a -/+ 5% margin then set up times need to be included. That plain and simple light right now on live and on test has a very low first ten second parser and some powers do not. They have shortcuts. Some have fast set up times. There needs to be a similarity in the 1st ten seconds. If needed i will myself test multiple powers on test and examine all there first ten seconds parsers.
  17. Harlequin Devoted Player

Tunso tests, which simulate an extended combat event like a boss fight, are correct. What these guys are complaining about is balancing against low-hp hallway trash in instances that pad the scoreboard. Thankfully, Tunso and the other devs have turned a deaf ear to these complaints as they are pointless.
    • Like x 3
  18. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

i got it now, thanks but as i said to megal, i thought we hit Tunso test Results so what else do we need to do? o_O
  19. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

okay thanks for letting me know what's going on just people complaining i got it, well now its time for me to listen to some footloose :D
  20. jr1nc Dedicated Player

I am lol... leaving it up to all the professionals who know better then us noobs
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.