Lost my progress point! wth, Devs?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ash Inferno, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

You clearly didn't, I'm afraid. Lol. But never mind.
  2. Klarns Active Player

Did you not say that? Yes you did obviously you are wrong there is no one forcing anyone to run elite which you are claiming. There is no progression in elite when the gear has the same damn stats and no feat points and you were claiming it does. You were wrong on both counts. I going to assume since you made such ridiculous claims that you've never beaten elite or for that matter ran it or you would have known that much.
  3. Prosser Dedicated Player

First, this is from someone who could care less to chase elite gear, just an observation really.

Only problem with removing the bonus from getting elite gear, is we have already seen with the reaction to survival mode, that a lot of the "hardcore" players won't run content that won't advance their toon. (only styles won't do) I mean sure, there is a handful that will run SM regularly and aim for as high as they can, but the majority won't since there is no stat advancing reward.

So if you take away the extra boost you get, then people will just stop running elite too.
    • Like x 3
  4. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

This isn't what I've observed. When there is a challenge, people will play. When there isn't a challenge, people give up on the game and look elsewhere for one.

Plenty of people run Survival Mode despite it's lack of progressive rewards. I don't know how many people on my server and faction alone have the title for beating round 10 of the last one activated and I'm on the Villains faction. The reason? bragging rights. Showing off and being able to say they've beaten a legitimate challenge.

The same thing happened with Paradox Wave when that was current. Episode 9 and 10 came out, yet people were still frequently shouting for it, despite offering inferior and irrelevant gear. The reason? because at the time it was still considered the toughest content in the game.

If people don't play the Elite content because there's no reward from it (stat reward, that is), then no damage done financially, because monetisation is focused on the regular raid and the Elite raid acts as the extra challenge it should be, that people use their raid gear to overcome, instead of a fallacy to make players believe they are better than they actually are.

If the developers don't start challenging their player base, then there isn't going to be a player base left. I understand that they can't do that in normal, progressive content, as they need to ensure they have a viable source of replay badge revenue. So therefore they need to stop worry about making the elite content enticing to replay and instead focus on making the Elite content a satisfying experience as well as a tough challenge.
  5. Ash Inferno Well-Known Player

Ha ha, your the only person in this entire crappy thread that seems to know wth I'm talking about.;)
    • Like x 1
  6. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Demanding that the timer start from when you completed it, is like insisting that the work week should start on your time and when you are ready (forget about Monday being the start of the typical workweek, and has been for hundreds of years!)

If the rest time has always been every two weeks, then learn when that fortnight starts and plan accordingly
  7. Backseid Devoted Player

No I'm not. There's not one single, even semi intelligent person, here or in this game, that is OK with this system.

The only reason you're getting any flack is because people like to feel smart by pointing out they know something you don't. If the first few responses agreed with you, the rest would have as well. That's how things work around here.

So don't take it personally. Everyone actually agrees with you.

The strait up fact, is that there is not one possible positive reason for it to be set up this way. As I said, it's flat out insulting that they made it this way and should be ashamed of themselfs. And I mean that. It is too in your face greedy. People would still spend Replays to play it right away. They didn't have to be tricky (or try to be, as it's too obvious).

And yes, before anyone says it, I am indeed speaking for you.
    • Like x 4
  8. Backseid Devoted Player

That comparison doesn't fit at all. Stop trying to sound smart and actually think about the issue.
    • Like x 3
  9. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

I didnt give you permission to speak for me. Who do u think you are madam
    • Like x 1
  10. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

The issue is: you are an idiot!

There has always been a set two-week period, one that was set by the DEVs, it starts and ends at the same time, if you somehow missed doing whatever it was you wanted done in that two week period, then you simply have to wait until it resets, like clockwork

It's the same as the Dailies during the Seasonals: it always starts and ends at the same time, so if you plan things smart (and have a competent group), you can do the event twice in a row within an hour without having to spend one of your precious RB's (of course the downside is, you would then have to wait, shock! horror! a full day before you can do it for a third time, without the use of your RB)
  11. Backseid Devoted Player

I only speak for others when appropriate. This is one of those times ;)

Just thinking about this boils my blood.

If it was an isolated incident, maybe I wouldn't be so worked uo. But, as things are, this is just... just... aaaaarrrrggg!

:p
  12. Backseid Devoted Player

Yes, I'm well aware of the system. If you had read my post(s) you would know that.

I'm sorry if I upset you. I guess I did jab at ya a bit. Regardless, there's no excuse for this, do don't defend them just to make am unnecessary point.
  13. Veritasum Loyal Player

My honest observations from LFG life which covers the vast majority of my game play is that most people in no way shape or form want a challenge. Are there people that want a challenge? Sure and many claim that in here. But a day in the life of LFG would tell you that is simply not the case in the general USPS population.

In your earlier posts you note how people spam the first 2 elite bosses. And it seems like you're saying that the devs design elite game play mostly for that purpose (which I think is irrelevant in this case anyway). But if the community is starving for a challenge, why wouldn't people run the last boss of elite content regardless a la SM even if it's just for a chance at a reward? I've ran BDE I think 8 times now and all from LFG. Not one of those groups even tried last boss. And the first 2 bosses, the "strategy" is to huddle up and hope the boss doesn't come crashing in. For me personally it's frustrating to no end. To summarize, in 100% of my runs of the latest elite content, there has been no evidence of people wanting a challenge. Heck I remember some of your other posts when the question of difficulty was about Bombshell Paradox. And you mentioned things like the community simply didn't have the skill of simple awareness or something to that affect. Well, that has not changed.

The devs have to design content that appeals to the majority of the population and it would seem that elite raids are a weird combination of average challenge with a decent challenge in last boss which most avoid. I understand elite content should be a serious challenge, but it should however remain beatable within the CR range it was released. Other than a handful of leagues, I think players simply will not go into a raid every day to try and figure strategy until beating it. Just doesn't happen in LFG.

I would definitely agree with you that something has to be done about these "elite" 2 boss groups. Like you I am of the idea that a craftable piece of gear should depend on the last boss of elite somehow. Currently we'll have to craft the mask and so maybe make an elite mask craftable from last boss only mats?

And I don't see how going forward from E 18, elite gear affects progression? My understanding is that IL will be the same for both elite and rare pieces of gear going forward as is the case with E 18 gear.
  14. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

So, you want the game schedule to revolve around you? o_O
  15. Backseid Devoted Player

No. Not "the game" schedule. But the progress/lockout point yes. And you as well.

If the system is you beat content to unlock content, then it should be just that. No timer if whatever BS.

If we want to play the Elite a month later after beating the regular, then so be it.

Again, stop trying to sound smart and argue just to argue. It's not working in your favor. Your missing the point and looking foolish.
    • Like x 2
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

On the contrary, the reason we have both regular and elite versions is so that we can provide an accessible path for most players, and a meaningful challenge for our most dedicated. It's always a work in progress, and we continue to focus on separating those two even further. Which, I think you can see very clearly in 17 and 18. We are continuing to experiment to find new and better ways to make elite content elite, challenging, and meaningful.

As you can see in other threads recently, the feedback from players who cannot or do not want to complete elite content but DO want the rewards there has been considered (and discarded). Similarly, feedback suggesting there should be more reward for *fully* completing the content, versus just partially completing it, has been considered and acted on with the addition of rare drops from the final bosses in Blackest Day (18) and soon in The Demon's Plan (19).

Yes, those rare items are in both regular and elite, but trust me when I say you want to run elite to get those drops based on the increase in drop rate there.
    • Like x 1
  17. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Again, stop talking for other people, specially for me (it just makes you look stupid and selfish)

If the lockout point/reset time has always been two weeks from when they started it, then trying to have it changed to suit you personally is selfish and petty
  18. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I think once players beat the normal version, the elite should remain unlocked without restriction (other than the weekly loot lock). The two week window seems a little strange. I doubt they'll change it going forward, but I do hope they'll consider adjusting elite content from previous tiers as new tiers come out. Otherwise, it will be very difficult to find people to run the elite versions in earlier tiers.
    • Like x 1
  19. Ash Inferno Well-Known Player

Congratulations! That has to be one of the worst comparisons to anything I have heard this year lol. Not even closeo_O
    • Like x 1
  20. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Thank you! You have no idea how much that means to hear that! Thank you very very much!