Lost my progress point! wth, Devs?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ash Inferno, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Ash Inferno Well-Known Player

Ok, so didn't manage to do UM elite last week because I was helping league mates learn the mechanics of the regular version. So I completed UM regular last week but my progress point reset anyways. That's total BS. That progress point should've refreshed last week. I can deal with waiting a week to run UM elite after completing regular, but now I'm literally being forced to use replays to play something I should already be allowed to play.

This I can't deal with.
    • Like x 3
  2. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Elite lockout resets every 2 weeks... This has already been announced.
    • Like x 6
  3. Klarns Active Player

Progress point reset was last night for everyone also it shows you in the on duty tab under the elite content how many hours till the next reset. Can't get anymore clear than that.
    • Like x 4
  4. Ash Inferno Well-Known Player

Fine, I ran regular last week, then the timer should reset from that point. I was still loot locked from the elite version last week after running regular, hence I should be able to run it this week.
    • Like x 2
  5. SkullGang Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 6
  6. Klarns Active Player

No that's not how it works. It's every two weeks and if you beat it last week then it still reset last night. It doesn't reset based off of when you beat it. Again there is a timer in the On duty tab that clearly shows you when it resets.
    • Like x 1
  7. Ash Inferno Well-Known Player

Well, then it's a sh%tty system. I know about the time I just assumed it would restart from the most recent progress point. Doesn't anyone think this is just wrong? I guess if someone spends a sh$t ton of money on replays anyways you wouldn't notice these things.
    • Like x 4
  8. Klarns Active Player

This is how it's always been really no surprise.
    • Like x 1
  9. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

The reset system if fine. The replay badge system is working as intended.
    • Like x 1
  10. Backseid Devoted Player

Been this way from the start. It's complete crap and just a way to make people use Replays. There is literally no reason, at all, to have it set up like this. None.

Day one of this system I called them out on it. It's so in-your-face that it is insulting to the players.

Bad form guys. Really bad form.
    • Like x 9
  11. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I've grown to loathe Elite content. I didn't expect it to turn out the way it has.

I expected Elite content to sit on the sidelines as an entirely optional extra, that casuals and those who didn't want a challenge and would rather treat this game like PS Home or the Sims could avoid without it affecting progression.

Because it didn't have progression attached to it, the developers didn't need to build it in a way that ensured players could beat it easily. Meaning that those who want more could face a legitimate challenge every DLC without fear of it becoming a replay badge farm. The content remaining unbeaten for weeks if not months before someone finally posts a video of it being defeated.

But no. The developers had to attach progression to it and put the absolute best gear in there. Which means that now, the content can never be extremely challenging and on par with content of old. Because if the content is that hard, then people won't spend money to replay it.

Now we're seeing an ugly situation where these so called Elite players are spamming replay badges on the first 2 bosses, which are no way on par with what Elite content should be about, farming complete sets of Elite gear without even beating the instance. Don't get me started on the "Elite" Alert, either. The jury is still out on whether or not the new Elite Alert is actually going to be tough and warrant a balanced group of 4, but I'm not holding my breath.

The community crave a challenge. Despite what the non-serious players say. Without a challenge, the game becomes standard and protocol, which alienates the serious player who's going to stay with you until the game closes, pushing them on to new games that do fulfil their needs.

Get rid of Elite gear. Statistically better Elite gear, at least. Put the affinity mods on the regular raid gear, supplemented with the great R&D gear system, if you want and then do whatever the hell you want with it's difficulty. Needs a nerf because casuals can't beat it? No problem. Just make sure to produce a difficult, potentially unbeatable Elite raid/alert every time an Elite content episode is released and you'll do a damn good job at keeping people entertained and coming back.
    • Like x 1
  12. Klarns Active Player

13. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Still has the affinity sockets attached to it. Whilst we don't need it, the developers have no problems making it easy to encourage the usage of replay badges to obtain it, which is ultimately the problem. Not whether or not I have the best stats to beat the next batch of content.

Challenge can not exist in a game which depends on money from people replaying content they've already beaten. No challenge, no long term hardcore community that'll keep your head above the water years after the game simply can't compete with the current market any more.

As replay badges are here to stay and removing them isn't an option, the only solution to this problem is to remove progressive gear from Elite content.
    • Like x 2
  14. Klarns Active Player

BD elite gear has the same stats as reg BD you don't need it to progress it's completely optional even the elite gear is a 0 point feat it just grants you a tittle. Only run it if you really want the style difference.
  15. Klarns Active Player

The affinity mods are completely optional it does not make or break your character so I really don't see How you need it to progress.
  16. Klarns Active Player

I don't understand why people frown on replay badges I mean everyone wants new powers new this new that but that costs money. Every mmo I've ever played relies on micro transactions to make money to make new dlc or powers. Same with the people on here who frown upon respec tokens at the end of the day it's all going back into making a game we all love to play. No one is forcing anyone to replay elite or any other instance. But yes there should be some reward for those of us who run elite.
    • Like x 1
  17. Klarns Active Player

And honestly if it wasn't replays it would be some other marketplace item people would complain about spending money on. People will always find a reason to complain such is life.
  18. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Read what I am writing. I completely dismissed this almost immediately in both responses.
  19. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

lol
    • Like x 1
  20. Klarns Active Player

I read exactly you trying to say you're forced to replay elite when you're not and that elite is tied to character progression which it's not.