A Chilly Guide to Everything Ice

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Radium, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Prosser Dedicated Player

I haven't bothered changing it. Still do wt, cs, and ib, then spam ag. I haven't had any issues with power.
  2. CaptainNova Well-Known Player

Ok I have rotation questions Im using HB and wanting to incorporate weapon damage or even WM damage does it net more than 4x Artic spam? with Explosive shot I can fit 2 arctics with solar flare I can fit 3. Also I use WM to Blizzard would I do better wqith a second dot with res gail and robot sidekick combo as opposed to blizzard robot side kick?
  3. Miike Fury Well-Known Player

now that AG hits like a pillow in PVP, what is everyone using as a DPS loadout/rotation?
  4. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I'd probably go with a WM loadout, Wintry tempest, cold snap, ice bash, reflection, ice boulder, either the sc or robot sidekick.
  5. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

LT tried the solar flare, but WM inbetween arctic gust I'm not sure. I'll probably test that out. Reasonating gale and robot sidekick is better than Using the SC and robot sidekick. I've sadly seen the Supercharge hit for really low numbers these days, I ran spark of parallax and from using bilzzard all I was getting was Mere 600s. so In other words: The SC doesn't hit hard consisently enough to use it in a loadout these days.
  6. tomuchpressure New Player

Need a pvp loadout please
  7. Xzotix Committed Player

Been away from ice for a long time, just changed my HL to Ice and didn't change my weapon specs or gear mods which are precision based.
    Wondering if Ice is precision now, I thought it was might, but my 89 Ice is demolishing some 113's, they can't all be that bad.
    Basically, i guess I'm more balanced than anything. Could I realistically stay with precision for higher CR content.
    Using basic AM loadout, WM in AG. Blizzard for SC.
  8. bagofboom Committed Player

If you're running pvp then I can't answer that as I'm incredibly ignorant on all things pvp. But as far as pve goes, Ice is might based for AM. I myself have completely abandoned the use of a weapon and spec fully into all the crits (mag & chance) and might. After that I spent skill points that augment the other necessary aspects of my dps toon. Ice is hitting really hard right now (woo-hoo) so that may have something to do with the excess damage you're seeing. But as I said, if you go the AM route (which I strongly advise) you want to spec might as much as possible.
  9. Xzotix Committed Player

Thanks (PVE), respec'ing won't be a problem since I'm still on synthetics. AM is beast.
    Doing REAL mods now that I know for sure. :)
    Thanks again.
  10. bagofboom Committed Player

No problem, anytime. If u have any in-game questions I'm available daily on USPS as bagofboom3. I've got a pretty beast loadout/rotation you're welcome to try out if you'd like. I love seeing ice toons out there, it's been my favorite power for a long while. But I've gotta say I've really been enjoying my new Nature toon lately it's pretty fun. But no worries, Ice is my baby and will ALWAYS be my main. Long Live DCUO!!
  11. Xzotix Committed Player

I'll hit you up, don't really have much of a rotation, lost without my WM. My AM seems off timing..
    Says does not exist...is this a villain? may be a different server or something.
    Can you possible PM me the info or add my Ice: XZOsphere - PS4 hero.
    Thanks.
  12. bagofboom Committed Player

Added. I just changed my toon name to "bagofboom" yesterday. Deleted my original bagofboom because I hadn't run with him in months and wanted my main to not have the "3". Try it now I guess. I'm also on US PS4. If we still have problems connecting I can give you the full loadout/rotation here. Long Live DCUO!!
  13. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Just wondering what people are using for their PvP loadout.

Currently I have WT, CS, IB, Reflection and Frost Snipe. Pretty settled on these 5 powers. The first four basically pick themselves. Frost Snipe, I use for single target damage, plus it can encase people, forcing them to have to waste power to breakout.

Its the last power that I still am not fully settled in. I used to have Bitter Winds, then switched to Resonating Gale, for knockdowns plus some AOE damage. Now testing if Robot Sidekick helps.
  14. ThatsFatal New Player

Anyone able to give me some advice on my current loadout? I was going by the dcuoblogguide and it recommends Snap - WT or BW - Bash - Gust - Avalanche - Blizzard.

I'm not sold on the supercharge Blizzard as it doesn't seem to hit very hard so not sure if I could replace that with someone else more useful. Also no sure on which is more optimal between WT and BW. Thanks.
  15. Prosser Dedicated Player

I haven't bothered with Blizzard since I stopped using Weapon Mastery, the damage was nice with WM, but without, it's just kinda blah. In it's place I use reflection. Now I know many have said before that it's a waste, doesn't help that much, and all that fun stuff. But I personally have found it to save my butt numerous times, and it makes pickups easier (it's annoying when you almost have someone up, and a random shot makes you have to start all over).

As for WT vs BW, I personally use WT. I can always apply it at any range and be getting the damage from it. Also, I haven't used BW in awhile, but pretty sure you have to get even closer to the mobs with it then when using Gust. So I prefer to play it a little safer.
  16. bagofboom Committed Player

I run with Wintery Tempest, Ice Bash, Cold Snap, Reflection, Arctic Gust and Avalanche. Start off with clipping IB with CS then WT with Ref. Then it's the spam fest of AG or Ava depending on your distance from targets. Rinse and repeat. No use for a Supercharge as it isn't going to give you a whole lot of extra damage anyway, but that's entirely my opinion. Also, I get flack for running with Arctic Gust AND Avalanche in my loadout but my reasoning is that there are some occasions, dependent upon who I'm in group with or if running solo, that I can't/shouldn't be up too close to the bosses or adds. It simply gives me freedom of choice in any given situation. Also, it's not always necessary to drop Wintry Tempest when there are only a few adds in the area, granted it does increase the damage of Arctic Gust, but it's not a necessity, rather dependant upon the situation. Though when fighting a boss or large group of adds I suggest it without question. Now, I have a lot of people that try to give me advice or tell me I'm doing it wrong but this loadout/rotation is tried and true and I would gladly put it up against anyone else's with the same cr/sp that I have (which is cr 126 and 137 sp currently). Worst case scenario you try it and don't like it and you respc. I'll give you the $500 it costs to do so if it doesn't work, lol. Long Live DCUO!!
    • Like x 1
  17. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Dang jul20 was the last time someone posted here as popular as ice is??

Anyway I just saw a pic of the old ice at it and it made me all nostalgic I really miss it I wish instead of cold snap they would have made the old ice armor a transformation power and used that as the am I know not all would agree but the old ice armor was so damn awesome
  18. Ichiro Loyal Player

I was curious on what a good tank loadout and rotation is for ice currently. I have been trying different loadouts and rotations which don't seem to work. Right now I have been rotating between bitter winds and reflect but even with these up I seem to be losing a lot of health even when blocking. Is there another shield I should be using. With Cr 130 I have a defense after hitting a power of 43K+ not sure if that is good or not. I have always been a rage tank but my alt is ice so I don't seem to have a feel for the ice tank just yet.

Thanks in advance
  19. tiempo Well-Known Player

Bitter winds, cold snap, ice bash, winter ward, (interchangeable... ill explain), and shatter restraints. Spec for precision. Always pop some cold snaps and ice bashes before the fight begins, it will activate ur powers AM and the 5th activation triggers ice armor. Use WM when possible but clipping in pvp is still a thing. As u can see there are 2 breakouts in ur loadout (ward and shatter), plus ur breakout trinket, and tapping block for a total of 4 breakouts, use them when u get countered and stay in the fight. Dont forget to clip every now and then. Bitter winds knocks up, gives you control resistance, and applies frostbitten PI via DoT, shatter restraints pushes back, breaks u out, and if enemy is frostbitten they will become rooted and a sec DoT will be applied (same for freeze wave and r gale, not for f snipe or boulder though).
    As for that 5th interchangeable power I like to use mesmerizing lasso, it applies a possible third DoT, stuns (which ice lacks to do with any power), and its quick at a reasonable power cost, but depending on ur playstyle u may like freeze wave, frostsnipe (range), boulder, well whatever... just be quick about it and watch ur power costs. Use combat mechanics, if anything, that is the most important thing. Unless ur playing against a good rage player ("good") then just disregard all this, pop all ur powers including soder within the first 3 seconds of the fight, if your still alive, keep fighting for 2 more seconds then just respawn. lol it's not that bad but you can't miss one window against them, to kill them you have to be on point 100%, one slip and ur dead. You can get away with 90% against HL and 80% with everybody else, although we have yet to see celestial in pvp after update.
  20. tiempo Well-Known Player

Sup, far as tanking goes....Bitter winds, reflect, mesmerizing lasso (single target taunt) or freeze wave (AoE damage, cc, and roots when single target isn't needed), winter ward, inescapable storm, and shatter restraints.
    Rotation depends on ur style of tanking, if u like to pull mobs towards you go with i. storm first, most likely to be clipped with reflect. If your a lunger (me) lunge and bitter winds followed by WM combo and i. storm.

Truthfully there is no "real" rotation. Once you understand what your powers actually do and interact they become tools and u use them when needed.

-Bitter winds knocks em up and makes em fall down, applies frostbite (PI) via DoT, grants 10% control resistance
    -Reflect is ur best shield next to shatter restraints, hella strong shiled, can be used while on the ground, when enemies hit you when active not only does it reflect dmg back but if frostbitten they will be rooted or encased.
    -Lasso, better then frostsnipe, stuns, pulls, applies DoT, single target pull. (here's looking at you essence)
    -winter ward, group immunity, shield (3rd strongest cuz this one reflects some of the dmg, not all), group breakout, puts you right back on your feet, NO it doesn't drop aggro (see combat mechanics/immunities).
    -Inescapable storm, your aoe cone pull, applies frostbitten PI, likes to get clipped, use often (8-10 sec's) depending on situation
    -Shatter restraints, group immunity/breakout, fast, roots, pushes back, applies second DoT to frostbitten enemies, used at anytime.

Combat mechanics and knowing your "feints" (yellow flashing parenthesis before a scripted move) play a huge role as well. Staying immune (flashing blue) will help tanking overall. Remember:
    range beats block
    block beats 3rd melee tap or a lunge
    lunge beats range

"feints": If boss/adds is....
    blocking, u block cuz they will lunge next
    melee, u lunge cuz they will range next
    ranging, u range cuz they will block

Some bosses like to be tanked up close, some pinned, some you must kite (lashina). Some bosses you can grab agro with a single pull, others take more work and a constant refresh on that pull, also being in their face and attacking helps if the pulls aren't working, some are proximity based agro (stompa). Ive also noticed in the last few dlc's the more u stay immune the more you can keep aggro on you, the moment the boss falls into immunity cuz you ran a lunge into a block, boom! he's in ur healers face gaining more immunities. btw your immunity last for like 2 seconds, theirs last for like 10, dont qoute me on theses numbers but it sure feels that way. Hope this helps, i also pvp and dps, if you have any questions ask, been ice for 3+ years now, i know a bit.