A Chilly Guide to Everything Ice

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Radium, Feb 15, 2013.

1. apocalypsegodx Loyal Player

Was ice dps nerfed ive behn destroying a lot of beast <lmao ice dps with my unmoded rage toon
  2. Miserable Dedicated Player

No, you're just OP.
  3. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

Were they calling themselves "beast"? If so, that is your first clue that they are a bad player. ;)
    • Like x 2
  4. apocalypsegodx Loyal Player

Wht do u mean ? All ice dps say there "beast" :eek:
  5. The Game Well-Known Player

was ice nerfed in this update?
  6. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

Um, no... not that anyone is reporting... and considering the number of end game Ice players we have, we'd hear a LOT of reporting if it was nerfed. ;)
  7. The Game Well-Known Player

kinda hard to tell when everyone is atomic lol
  8. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

That's fine... I jumped from Electric over to Atomic for a day and switched to Ice. I also expect the same from many others when they get bored with the interruptions of combos and difficulty tanking.
  9. Bolt z Well-Known Player

How is everything with the Ice Dps / Tanks?

Is everyone able to compete with other Dps' in damage? Using which loadouts?

Are the tanks capable of tanking solo tanking BD?

Ice dps/Tanks in PvP?
  10. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I am guessing by alot you mean pugs. Feels good to be on top, but remember IT'S JUST PUGS. Ice has not been nerfed.
    • Like x 1
  11. Prosser Dedicated Player

Good

I usually am at the top of the chart, standard AG loadout.

Yup

I don't PvP sooo ya
  12. The Game Well-Known Player

I need help with ice armor. I have not been able to get it to activate. What exactly am I doing wrong?

I just changed my loadout to this

Wintry Tempest, Cold Snap, Reflection, Ice Bash, Arctic Gust, Ice Elemental

I hit 1,2,3,4 then 5. Then 2,1,4 for power regen till 3 is off cool down.
  13. Absolix Loyal Player

If you have the max damage mod equipped, Ice armor will not activate. This is because the max damage mod changes all your damage modifiers to 60%, and Ice Aemor clashes with that effect since it locks you into a 50% damage modifier. Since 60% is better than 50% max damage's effect wins out.
  14. Greenchain Well-Known Player

IMO Reflection is a bit of wasted spot. I keep Avalanche available for when I am further away than AG reaches. Reflect does come in handy for Solo's and Duos so not an entirely bad choice. I've only seen Elemental used once in DPS and not sure if it is really worth it.

To the Ice Armor question, you probably have Max Damage hand mod installed. This will override the armor animation and is still the better choice.
  15. The Game Well-Known Player

I see...I'm assuming then that it's better to just keep max damage then or should I take it off?
  16. Absolix Loyal Player

As a Dps, keep max damage.

As a tank, it is up to you.
  17. HeavensElite New Player

i know this is an old forum and i am posting on it im trying out an ice tank for the first time my main question is im going for the bulldozer build with 2 handed weapon choice and skimming movement what are the primary stats i should focus on raising to their highest?
  18. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Curious to see everyone's take on ice dps after this update.
  19. Stark23 Committed Player

I've been seeing more and more Ice toons without Max Damage mod in their hands. Noobs? Or am I missing something?
  20. Greenchain Well-Known Player

Only done Deep Desires solo but AG feels fine and Avalanche seems to be hitting much harder up close. That last might just be the consistent number of hits per channel.
    • Like x 1