A Guide to Everything Earth

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Clutch_GT, Jun 3, 2014.

1. xD25x Dedicated Player

You earth guys really putting in work. Respect all the hard work you guys do. Earth is life.
    • Like x 3
  2. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

The last few pages have been clarifying this.... But I'll give you the short answer

Jack hammer aftershocks absorption is not the same as gemstone shields

The absorption you are getting through gemstone shields through after shocking it only pertain to the amount of damage the shield absorbs

Jack hammer or upheaval apply to the amount of damage you absorb

Think of gemstone shield as a separate entitiy from your self it's got a different (invisible) health bar of its own separate from yours...
  3. SpagTheTapdancer Well-Known Player

how is earth doing presently? I'm thinking of coming back.
  4. Remander Steadfast Player

Beast. There are actually nerf Earth threads, if you believe that!
    • Like x 1
  5. SpagTheTapdancer Well-Known Player

I'm sorry....WAT.
  6. Remander Steadfast Player

7. SpagTheTapdancer Well-Known Player

8. ApacheTribe Well-Known Player

I ditto this right now I'm destroying other cr130 in endgame content like crazy. Often, it's not even close. And I'm using brawling>ma and dropping meteor showers like crazy. Well worth sticking with earth with this update.
    • Like x 1
  9. ApacheTribe Well-Known Player

im thinking about remodding my tank for almost all resto+color mods to still get the shields boost but also to make more use of my mods. Apparently, with the new way defense is working it doesn't really help me much to have 4.2k Dom. Plus I'm thinking point for point when I add more resto I get a lot more than Dom even after its doubled, in terms of calculating toward my shield strength.

Secondly. I use the home turf regen shielding mod and I assume that when I use gemstone and hardlight, the heal is based on my resto. The same I'm assuming applies to soothing sands which I sometimes use instead of unstoppable for that reason.

Am I missing something in thinking this way?

I did some quick math and I would have over 3k in Dom.
  10. Remander Steadfast Player

I haven't modded dom in ages. I actually go for health. The survivability return is greater than with dom or resto from the rough calculations I've done.
  11. Black Jaq Devoted Player

As has been stated previously in the past few pages, aftershocking GS to a full shield is not the best use of it generally. So really, that Resto would only benefit HLS.
  12. Veritech Loyal Player

Agree. Better off aiming for a massive health pool over trying to self heal. Soders heal on % of health so they trump any kind of green numbers that RS mod could give.

The first part of ICW in Metro open world is still the best place to hone tanking skills while solo imo. If you can survive large mobs there with no support, you're pretty much golden for any content.
    • Like x 1
  13. Dogico Loyal Player

Health in blues, Prec/Health in reds, Resto/Health in yellows.
    • Like x 2
  14. Veritech Loyal Player

Quick census population check, and earth is sitting at 3.97% of all players 113cr+

We're like so fotm :p

If you've seen an Earth powered Fearsome Deathstroke astutely named SlateWilson tearing up uspc heroes, that's me :D Hoping to bump into Remander one day.
    • Like x 3
  15. Remander Steadfast Player

Heh, look for Rock Rumbler, my Earth toon, as well. ;)
  16. Remander Steadfast Player

So, what's accurate? I'm seeing different percentages of pet vs player damage. It was my understanding that prior to the buff, it was pretty equal. The assumption, then, was that the buff would push that percentage towards the pet. I estimated 75%. I didn't test it, but heard 80%. Now, I'm hearing equal again. I don't see how that's possible, unless it wasn't equal before the buff, as the only thing buffed was the pet damage. Anyone have accurate data?
  17. Veritech Loyal Player

Rokyn's parser from test server post buff showed close to equal.

Certain weapon combos got buffed too in gu51, so that might be where the player is matching the pet still. It will definitely vary from player to player.
  18. Black Jaq Devoted Player

How do you play all those toons?
  19. Remander Steadfast Player

Well, if that's the case, I feel better. Having it 80/20 would really trivialize the player's portion of the damage. Can you point me to Rokyn's data?

EDIT: Nvm, I think I found it.
  20. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Sorcery and Earth are two different beasts still.

Crystal hits harder than Fury so one will do more supplemental damage than the other.

Generally, the Earth Pet did 53% of the damage.
    47% was from the player. 27% came from the weapon alone.
    The rest were powers.

Sorcery:
    47% came from the pet.
    53% came from the player. 26% came from weapon. 27% came from powers

Do you see where things get unclear?

It's different. Earth has Crystal hitting harder (always has) than Fury to make up for lack of supplemental damage.
    Naturally she's gonna hit harder than Fury. This makes the pet as strong as the player

Fury hits hard but the powerset itself is built better than Earth so it can put out better supplemental damage, so it's not dominated by the pet as much as Earth is.

If you want to, run a parse with just Fury and Crystal damaging the targets.
    then run with just your powers.
    10 seconds like usual. 8 targets.