what could bring you back to DCUO?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ermike, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Jak-Man Committed Player

If I were to leave, what would bring me back is a revamp of the character customization.
  2. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

As already stated I have no clue how you're getting that number?

And again all state like the broken record you need me to be:

Not everyone who is playing end game wants to go past 126 at this time.
    • Like x 1
  3. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

The player i replied to said 37000+ plus players are 120^, but only 3100+ are 127, it's only because they are legendary. I know it's closer to 8%.
  4. Unida Dedicated Player

its not 3111 players is it, its 3111 characters. ive got 3-4 at that.
    most legendary end gamers would surely run more that one char at that level? actual player number is more likely around 1800-2000 - and possibly less.

in regards to the OP question, im lifetime so it dont really matter. but i wouldnt pay the sub anymore if i wasn't.

although i have noticed things being a lot more active in the communication side of things, concise regular updates from mepps, wrap ups etc - but on the real , this is hygiene for any game community and this level should have been the norm over the lats 4+ yrs. I can only assume that it's been noticed (dramatically) internally how much things are dropping off so they are putting in a bit more effort to try n salvage things. im playing skyforge 4:1 vs dcuo atm and they have a HUGE update coming next week.

sad to see a game i loved go this far down the drain.
    • Like x 1
  5. Makineko Committed Player

OH MY GOSH THE SKY IS FALLING DOWN AND DCUO IS DYING WHAT WILL WE DO :eek:

Oh, just looked and sky's still there, the HoD seems busier lately, my league is also on the up and I never left Dcuo. I think the negativity on the Forums hasn't quite struck to full effect in the game yet. Glad that worry's over, my tinfoil hat can rest in the cupboard again.
    • Like x 6
  6. Spidey Well-Known Player

Trashing the stat clamping and stat flattening. As long as that's still a part of this game I'll never be back.
    • Like x 1
  7. Veritech Loyal Player

Flattening has made us more powerful than ever. I don't see why folks still have a problem with it.
    Unless you're a fresh 30 trying to walk into FoS you should not struggle. Scaling issues have been identified and fixed since gu47 so T4 is not so out of whack now.

Clamping is only in seasonal instances and even while clamped people can still manage sub 2min runs of the more difficult events like Summer & Spring. No clamping would result in a oneshot boss death.
    • Like x 4
  8. Sbel Devoted Player

They didn't say that's the only reason. It would be a silly thing to say. I'm Legendary and my main is "only" 126.
    • Like x 2
  9. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

Wait a second....

You keep your tinfoil hat in a cupboard. You really should upgrade.

Mine is in a titanium safe, protected by a laser field and watched by a cute kryptonian guard.
    • Like x 5
  10. Spidey Well-Known Player

Even in Seasonals, as long as it's there I won't be. I'm not saying they should change it or keep it as it is, I really don't care either way anymore. I was just answering OP's question. I'm not down with the Mark Relevancy either.
  11. Biggdaddycane Dedicated Player

Never leaving. Maybe a break here or there.

Month max.

Besides all the BS with the Dev's, DPS revamps, Fixes/Tweaks.

The Core Game, flying/superspeed, powers, Base Items, DC Comics. Is why I still love the game.

Also have a Brother whose been here since Beta. He plays just as much as me despite all things he hates the Dev's are doing. Pretty much always have someone to do Duo's with and a Tank to call on in PUG's.
    • Like x 1
  12. Biggdaddycane Dedicated Player

After awhile,

The Mark Relevancy thing is not a big deal to me. Exo Clusters are pretty cool, Token Prestige. People over CR 116 & Under 132 have a more content now and even more next month.

They added T4 Duos for that void in the level up grind in Tier 4.

Despite all the negativity and BS the Dev's are putting us threw; there still rolling the content and still making changes.

I also fill this DPS Rollercoaster revamp train is coming to end. All Powers may not be Equal/Balance but they all greatly get the Job done now.
  13. Makineko Committed Player

The cupboard is guarded by a part of my Cat Army. Anyone who tries taking it will face the wrath of my lethal ninja Kittens :p
  14. Harlequin Devoted Player

I've been mulling this over quite a bit lately as I am very bored as far as gaming goes right now. I'm trying out Skyforge and having fun. At the same time, I hate the grinding for sparks that never seems to end. Still, it's something totally new and that makes it interesting.

I resubbed to SWTOR a few months ago. I got all my toons to 60, ran a few ops, rolled a couple of new alts and find myself bored again. I log on, work through some of the story quests on the classes I haven't seen before and log off. Pugging is still a nightmare and my guild is too small to field an 8-man all of it's own right now. I'm hoping to get some recruiting done in the last weeks before the launch of their new expansion.

God help me, I watched the stream announcing the new WoW expansion and I'm interested. The stench of garrisons still lingers over the game and will keep me from subbing again in the near future but Legion does promise some nifty stuff. I'll likely buy it and play it for a few months when it launches. Can they cleanse the garrison stains? Who knows?

As far as DCUO goes, making Atomic a tank power made me happy. Being able to play it would make me happier. I launch the game, stare at my toons for a bit then quit the game. I'm not sure why, tbh. I really should actually play it again to see if I get the bug or not. This new content cadence seems good at first but then I think about what drew me back to older games in the past: bigtime expansions.

This trickle of content, even if it is more frequent, might not be enough. The thing that would get me to jump back into this game with both feet with fistfuls of cash would be a full-blown expansion/sequel with new zones the size of Gotham/Metropolis and everything that comes with that: quests, missions, exploration/gathering, maybe a couple of new powers or a new mentor, maybe even a level-cap increase? I don't know, really. I just know it needs to be BIG.

Maybe I'll take the old toon for a spin tonight and try to catch up a bit. I haven't really played since HOP2 early access so there should be a bit to do.
  15. Veritech Loyal Player

You've pretty much summed it up nicely for a lot of people that left who are not jaded. In my own words it's just lost that 'new car smell'.

Games across all platforms are pumped out at an amazing rate, there's always something shiny and new for our ever shortening attention spans.
    • Like x 3
  16. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

I have a friend who would kill me if I used lethal ninja Kittens.

I should probably just stick with my regular old vampire assassins (they are for use when the kryptonian guard is occupied).
    • Like x 1
  17. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I think it's silly to be in denial about the game population. 3100 is bad, no matter how anyone try to clean it up
    • Like x 2
  18. ermike Committed Player

3100 is terrible.. i mean to get to 127 u need like 1 or 2 pieces of gear. Fact ia people are not advancing with the expansions any more.. every piece of content comes out and the playerbase playing it shrinks.. the question is why is this happening and what could stop it. Most active elite leagues members are already 130 or 131.. ive wavedoxed however the majority of end gamers are not.. 3100 with at least half alts is very bad. So again i ask, why?
  19. Malachee Committed Player

There appear to be far fewer "tinfoil hats" than there used to be.
    • Like x 1
  20. ermike Committed Player

For example, my league which is a ps4 top 15, only has 7 people playing new content.. the rest stopped at last dlc and never came back.. now will they? I have no clue but its a bad sign when ur end game players are not playing end game.. what could possibly fix this?