Coming Soon: New Rewards Outside of Mark Relevancy

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 27, 2015.

1. RTHERMITE Well-Known Player

Can I have your stuff, not sure what you are doing for fifteen minutes a day, but assuming you have all feats and styles and are up to date on all current gear, then maybe you have nothing to do. but if not.....
    STOP WHINING ABOUT, ITS NOT A CASH GRAB, UNLESS YOU BUY GEAR FROM THE MARKET PLACE TO INCREASE STATS THEN IT IS A CASH GRAB PAY TO WIN.
    BE GRATEFUL THEY GIVE US ANYTHING. UNGRATEFUL
    • Like x 1
  2. The 14th Doctor Dedicated Player

This makes me happy. I love going back to old content anyway just for fun (and it makes me feel OP!), but this is definately added incentive. Just one question, though (might be a stupid question, but I'll ask anyway): the rewards are the same for soloing the content as it would be doing it as a group, correct?
    • Like x 1
  3. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Thank you, Mepps et al. People are very quick to jump ship (or at least threaten to) when something like GU47 happens. Too many people don't realise that you do listen to the feedback, but it takes time to realise a solution. These kinds of things can't be done overnight.

Thank you once again.
    • Like x 8
  4. RTHERMITE Well-Known Player

Exactly, most of my league left after update 47, only a few us on ever, but I keep on playing, its little things like this that keep me playing the game.
    • Like x 5
  5. The 14th Doctor Dedicated Player

This is too true. Maybe they should have the devs' job for a day.

The issue is also that when the devs do listen they are "caving into the requests of the gamers." I'll never get people.
    • Like x 3
  6. PoKTLi Active Player

Could u give me a link or tell me where did he confirmed that, cuz i couldnt find anywhere an update of cr requirements... the post that mentioned new content says 124...
  7. Jafin 10000 Post Club

(You can click the little arrow beside Mepps' name and it will take you to the original thread the post was made in)
    • Like x 3
  8. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

• Like x 4
  9. Dark Heroman Level 30

Thank you guys to hear us. This was a huge problem and now gave us a new reason to keep playing new content. Thank again!
    • Like x 1
  10. OVERBAT New Player

finally a reason to go back and do kandaq
    • Like x 2
  11. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

The x100 prestige would help tremendously
    • Like x 3
  12. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I don't get this mentality. They do have to give us stuff, we're the customer. They effectively took away more than half of the content that rewarded us and didn't replace it with anything (and didn't have plans to initially). I'm not grateful for anything because it shouldn't have come to this in the first place.

I don't want to make it sound like I don't appreciate the effort that goes into making decisions like this, but personally, I think that changing to an entirely new system without thinking "People might want a reason to run old content" or "Lower levels have zero chance of progressing without people with higher CR running older content" is silly. This should undoubtedly have been thought of to begin with, and the rewards we get for running older content should be better than this.

Like I said in my first post, I got something useful when I ran Nexus, AnB and Paradox, now I have to run far more instances for what might amount to some Merit that I already finished in 2012 and 3 exobits.
    • Like x 11
  13. Lurkermon New Player

I haven't been on the forums lately. I was one of the people too bummed about the content and mark change. I play late a lot of times. So I used to help other people with old content. It was slower but I could still progress, and I had fun helping newer players. I've been wanting to get on here and discuss my dissatisfaction with the mark change so far.

Part of me told me to get on here, and the other part said to just wait. I LOVE you guys. You really do listen to the community (who must have been expressing how I felt in regards to the changes effecting my play style). That is why I've kept my sub for so long. So keep up the good work, and I look forward to these changes.

PS: I hate being a "new member" on the forums, I've been here since beta hehe.
    • Like x 1
  14. ErnieB Loyal Player

It is 113, both duo and raid, but Mepps made it clear this is a one time exception so not to force players into buying HoP 2, but when Ep. 17 and 18 roll in you will have to buy at least one of them to proceed in T7.
  15. ErnieB Loyal Player

We knew, but you have to remember there are some players who don't need the feats, gear and base items, I'm one of those, and even if I needed gear, it's either one of those one in a million drops that aren't worth a replay badge, or something I can get out of the style vendor.

Anyway that aside, this is a great way to solve the issue, I do believe scaling down the amount of marks was a better idea, that would allow you to remove the overlap we have on lower tiers, but this saves time and guess the single mark can be used on R&D materials. Thanks devs for the work, I just hope with so many things on the plate just for August, Eps. 15 and 16 don't get delayed since the window is now so small to get everything before the next release.
  16. ErnieB Loyal Player

I get what you are saying, I also tried to defend the devs as much as I could, but still lost some league mates, and I don't blame them, this was a drastic change and pretty much was a done deal as soon as they made the announcement, by the time they started making changes it was already on live, which is still the ongoing issue, we have test server for a variety of reasons, not just to preview content, but to find issues in it, and from the start some well known, and respected members actually gave good and clear feedback on GU 47, but almost nothing was taken into consideration then. But weeks after it was released the very changes some members asked for on test, where implemented, but it was too late for many by then.

Honestly I believe we need to find a better way to communicate the issues on test, not saying everything can be fixed on the spot, but some minor things can and even so they still make it to live.
    • Like x 1
  17. The Vigilante Committed Player

More gimmicks to try fix problems caused by making the poor decision of tier/cr based mark rewards lockouts.

Instead of just admitting they made a mistake (like so many times before) and returning things back to the way they were, they once again come up with a convoluted scheme that is going to create more problems than it solves just like most of their other overly-complex, covert, marketing strategies.

They never learn from their mistakes and they keep making the same ones over and over.

They tried to squeeze blood from a turnip and now that it has blown up in their faces they are trying to placate people and lure people back with schemes that end up costing them more in reprogramming costs and they are still trying the same greedy structure with marks of victory hat may-or may-not drop.

Just admit you were wrong and stop trying to enforce a cr/tier lockout on mark rewards: it was another failed idea of yours that cost you more in the end. Now you are trying to sneak in a "there is a chance of a mark dropping" scheme because you didn't learn from the initial error.

A random, rare, mark of victory drop? Another mistake; just roll it back to the way it was= a simple fix to correct the mistake.
    • Like x 8
  18. Ariyana2015 Committed Player

I am not sure if the omega's stack in the inventory but that is one part that would make this better. I appreciate the developers trying to make it so there is some sort of reward for running the old content. I still need some of the rare styles and I stopped going after them because it was an all or nothing situation. With this change I have a chance to obtain exo's which I need. I have many many many alts and I don't want to spend the time obtaining them from scratch, so this helps.
  19. coco Committed Player

I just want to say thank you very much for listening to our concerns! Not what we had before but I can certainly live with this! I really miss going into old content and goofing off with friends or competing on occasion. Certainly will improve prestige again. One question on the compound omegas if more than 1 person uses it in group does it stack?
  20. Scar-Red Nova Dedicated Player

I can't think of a single criticism. Great job.