Coming Soon: New Rewards Outside of Mark Relevancy

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 27, 2015.

1. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

[IMG]
  2. Django Unchained Level 30

I prefer styles such as lower level role specific styles (weapons), Plenty of unclaimed styles because they are role specific.
    • Like x 4
  3. ChillCat Loyal Player

Nice work! Thanks very much for hearing and responding to the player feedback.
  4. nah laugh New Player

yaaaas horaay
  5. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

This addition seems premature. Optional stat clamping, teleporters or some resolution to the OP issue should probably be made first. This addition may enhance the over-powered player issue and weaken the benefit of purchasing DLC.

Note: I am aware the developers favor players to accomplish lower tiers quickly.

Belief: Daybreak used the excuse that players will be able to join their friends quickly at endgame to supplement their point of view. This appears to misdirect readers (intentionally or not). In my experience, DCUO depends on players developing relationships with strangers from "various" places "around the world". Having players team up with people they originally have met outside of DCUO seems to be more of a perk than a necessity for DCUO. Yes, both are welcomed, however, it seems forming relationships with strangers within DCUO is enough.

Bottom Line: I believe it is foolish to think challenge should only be privileged for those at end game content. Especially while lower tiered players have to primarily run the gambit to get challenge and experience (at times unwarily). Note that people seem to generally improve in DCUO by being challenged. The implications for players having adequate challenge through the entire game may be tremendously helpful to DCUO.

Giving rewards "Outside of Mark Relevancy" before allowing players the option to play with or without challenge in most instances seems a step backwards.

Side Note: Stat Flattening seems to be insufficient to resolve the OP issue.
    • Like x 6
  6. SkullGang Devoted Player

Nice but I would liked tokens for factions styles or something.
    • Like x 2
  7. Ascended Well-Known Player

You know, I was worried what would happen to the game after the change to Daybreak, but so far you guys are really doing a solid job by me. This is a welcome change, as have been the changes to episode releases and lockboxes and whatnot and I look forward to titles and everything else that's lined up.

That'll do Daybreak, that'll do. :)
    • Like x 2
  8. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

So is it per each mark of victory pay out than? As in you get one of the five items listed each time you previously would have received marks of victory in irrelevant content? Or is just one chance for the whole shebang.

Like a raid you would get three rewards (one from each boss) and the same with alerts. Than duos and solos would just be one.
  9. redwolfyogi Well-Known Player

So one of them is Guaranteed????
    if so awesome.
  10. RTHERMITE Well-Known Player

MEPPS :" Hey you here is a million MOV, and we are also throwing some really cool items and auras.
    DCUO Community "Meh, that sucks, why can't it be two million, I quit.

this is only an example of how this community is, no matter what the devs throw at us, there will always be those that complain about everything, It makes you wonder how they live in the real world
    • Like x 14
  11. PoKTLi Active Player

MEPPS, MEPPS pls read this ....

I can see the effort to give players a reason to forget old MoT. In my opinion well played. And i am sorry for bring 2 toppics non related to this, but i hope MEPPS see it and take them into consideration.

1. I felt cr requirement to new content just scaled toooo much. We needed to be 111 cr to be able to play DLC 14 even when suggested cr was higher. Now i saw we will need to be 124 and that was a huge jump. I was waiting more like a 116-118 cr requirement, and now i just wish it would be at least 120 =P. Couldnt you devs lower that cr requirement just a bit?

2. I had to stopped playing for a while and i got behind getting several T6 gear. Now its harder to get those old gears completed and buying them seems soooo expensive considering they are useless as gear... but still we need the feat. You devs already gave us the option to buy T1-T5 style vendor , but for those already in t7 we need to chose betwen work on our progress or buy old gear just to tribute it after collect it. So here is the proposal.... couldnt you devs be able to add styles of those T6 to the T7 vendor gear at a lower cost, lets say 25 marks? or maybe half of their actual cost? If i had not been expending my marks trying to get updated and complete those feats im sure ill be 126 by now. (both supp and dmg rol).

Thanks again for keep looking ways to get all players happy. As always forgive my bad english. paz y bien.
    • Like x 1
  12. Protecktor MKV Committed Player

Very good, thanks!
  13. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Congrats! I just got my mains PvP cr to 99 today and I've been trying so hard to get that back style!!

@OP This is great news! I'm so happy now. I haven't read much of the comments past the one above this but I'm going to guess this is coming in GU 51 52?
  14. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Liking the new changes..
    And Tokens of merit are gonna be easy to get again.. #BUH-Bye arenas for me
    If only we could get unite the styles when running older content, that'd be nice.

Some questions on my mind:
    1) If the new loot system get's implemented into old content, will we have a choice to pick one of the random drops? Like for example let's say I finish the t4 duo's, it has the new loot system in it. Will I be able to choose between Prestiege tokens or tokens of merit if they pop up or is that still at random?
    2) If I read the rarity correctly. We will have a chance at MOV for all content, my question is, is MOV going to scale: We will just get a mark for old content, or 10, to 4, to 2, to 1 like it is now expect with a random chance?

I'll edit my post as I may have more questions.
    Newer content is going to be lowereded to 113, mepps confirmed this.
    As for number 2 on your list..Idk.
    I know..
    The developer team needs to throw the community some cheese to go with their whine eh? :D
  15. Redman_x Well-Known Player

I'll accept that.
  16. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Just to clarify my number 2 question a little bit further: Here's what I mean't, I was wondering when we get marks for older content, will it scale depending on the content?
    Like let's say we're over geared, and run halls of power part 1 . Will we get a random chance of ten Mov, or will it just be set to 1 for all of it.
  17. Schimaera Devoted Player

You finally found an edge. Good balance between the old and new system. Gearing still makes people run current content and feats make them even further run older one. Also kudos for listening to people suggesting rare MoV and Merit-drops (like myself :p )
    Also the Compound and a MoV chance is a good move. Keep it that way.

Now, go on with new cool stuff and ignore any further whiners and haters about the new mark system. Apart from the actual first one (Marks of Momentum/Krypton/War/Distinction etc) this is the only other good one.
  18. cassi Well-Known Player

So we still are stuck having to forget old gear, generator mods and trinket slots because we barely get MOV enough for current pieces. And to try and shut us up from the complaints, you throw more useless crap at us. Like Marks of Merit...useless. Marks of prestige...useless. 3 or 4 exobytes ...useless. compounds, I throw those away. So you totally ignored everyones out cry and tried to give us useless crap. No thanks. I finally got a new pc, got my sub back, came back into a destroyed DCUO, and won't be staying. TSK TSK do you listen to people...nevermind this whole move was all about making us dig deeper into our pockets monthly. I just blew $60.00 on top of 2 subs this month, and it made me stop and realize i wasn't paying for this cash cow anymore....I was totally excited of the idea of cross platforming with my husband from pc to his ps4 when you all switched to daybreak and said it was your goal. But sense the move the game is down more than it's up, I'm through content in 15-30 mins a day, and there is nothing left to do.
    • Like x 6
  19. darkscarletx Loyal Player

This is amazing!!! Great job devs!!! This will make all players really happy.
    • Like x 1
  20. comrade sonya Committed Player

:rolleyes:
    What a whiner, they didn't have to give us anything be grateful or don't play the content very simple.
    • Like x 3