John Smedley will take on a new, unspecified role at Daybreak.

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Lord Jareth, Jul 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChillCat Loyal Player

Fair enough, and I think everyone here is on his side in their own way. Again, it's just a bad situation all the way around, but if anyone has any suggestions on how to help the guy out, please chime in.
    • Like x 2
  2. KidMidnight Loyal Player

personally if i had smedleys resources i would have just hired a couple of assasins to go kill them all.

i mean i would have produced a game like that.

yeah thats it...
  3. Remander Steadfast Player

Yes and no. As an employee of a company, your behavior can definitely reflect on that company. The higher up you are, though, the greater that reflection shines. Fair or not, you're held to a higher standard, when you're in a position of power, like that. I feel for the guy. I really do. What happened to him sucks. He needed to keep the high ground, though. As hard as it is to do, that's what his position required.
    • Like x 2
  4. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I understand man.
    And yeah when in power, you're in more a hard place and a rock.
    Yeah I doubt many could do it.
  5. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

What you are saying is, he should have just sucked it up and taken all the abuse and personal attacks on not just him but his family and not. do. ANYTHING!?
    • Like x 1
  6. BigAl Devoted Player

My mother would always tell me to pick and choose which battles I fought and which I conceded. As Remander said, sometimes it is a lot harder to not raise your fists and fight, when giving in would be so much easier.

Sometimes, you have to lose to win. (Remander didn't say that part, I did :))

Is anyone taking note of the fact that while we even discuss this further in this manner, those *** clowns are winning even more?
    • Like x 1
  7. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

They didn't win :p

Things have a habit of changing. Besides, greater things may be in store for Smedley.
    • Like x 2
  8. Echo Blue Committed Player

Hello everyone,

The Lizardz are probably an affiliate of the Renova Group as well. You know what they say... keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer.

Just getting the conspiracy ball rolling ;)
  9. Echo Blue Committed Player

Hello everyone,

That Boss line sounded so familiar to me for some reason... then I realized... The Who's, Won't Get Fooled Again, has a similar line in it. "meet the new boss, same as the old boss"
  10. Buckwheater New Player

Yeah, I bet that guy is sitting back thinking he won...
    I just hope he gets his just desserts, one way or another...
  11. Buckwheater New Player

Uck, so much for the Fanboy filter- wait, did it get removed?
    Uber-fan foam finger waver works just as well, I suppose.

Look, here's the situation-
    If I was a CEO of a Company, and my family and myself and a bunch of other people were attacked by some punk terrorist(s) and then I found out that the terrorist in question would be getting nothing more than slap on the wrist by his native government, I'd go after the effer with every intent to see to it he never harms anyone every again.

There aren't always shades of grey- sometimes things really are cut and dried.

and besides, what did we suffer? A few days being unable to log in?

If Smedley did it any other way, I'd have less respect for him as a human being.
    I only hope he continues to pursue those punks for their transgressions.
    • Like x 1
  12. Buckwheater New Player

I agree wholeheartedly.
  13. Buckwheater New Player

High ground and low ground...
    Pshhh, nonsense.

When you mess with a man's (or woman's) family
    "appearances" and "standing" get thrown out the window.

I think Smed reacted very calmly and rationally considering the situation.
    • Like x 2
  14. Buckwheater New Player

There are all sorts of fights, and not all of them are physical.
    Some of them are spiritual or psychological.

The Lizard Squad is a cyberterrorist organization.

Turning the other way and letting them do as they please, or keeping silent about them,
    for "fear" of further attack would be the real defeat.

That's exactly what "terror"ism is.
    Control and subjugation through fear.
    • Like x 3
  15. BigBadDogIV Committed Player

Sadly, it happens FAR more often then most people like too admit but i agree with everything else.
  16. aortenruptur Well-Known Player

I agree wholeheartedly. :)
    • Like x 1
  17. Buckwheater New Player

18. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Maybe if we close our ears, plug our eyes, wish really really hard and sing loudly "La-la-la-la!" they might go away?
    • Like x 2
  19. Remander Steadfast Player

No, that's not what I said. There are different ways to fight. As it happens, the authorities aren't done with these guys, anyway.
    • Like x 1
  20. Buckwheater New Player

I really hope not- if I remember correctly, there was 11-15 other cases or something still open,
    and apparently he was tied to "over 50,000 cybercrimes" or something or other...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.